The Definitive Captain America "Avengers" Costume Thread

To me, in these Photos Chris Evans looks much thinner than in the First Avenger Film, especially in this Photo:

scarlett-johansson-chris-evans-jeremy-renner-avengers-park-ave-01__scaled_600.jpg

The costume looks nice... but why did they put a Zipper right down the front of his stomach?

Don't get me wrong, I'm still looking forward to seeing "The Avengers", especially with the Characters in the film and the Villain who has yet to be announced (Yes I know who it is but can't say until later...).

I am sorry, but the more I see of this costume, the more I like TFA version better. And I agree that Scarlett is looking a bit thick in the tummy tum in some shots. LOL

Paul

This suit is much better than the ones that I have been able to find. I wish I had the ability to build something like this, oh well I guess I'll jsut stick to purchasing already made ones :/

wow... scarlet's lookin thick. haha ya im diggin the angles but it still escapes me how one could construct those boots from the oakley si shoes.

On what planet is she "thick"? I'd like a one-way ticket there, wherever it might be.
Sorry...I have to defend my girlfriend's honor. :lol

This shot looks a lot better than the others (except for being caught mid blink). I know the colors are darker in this shot, which helps, but I also noticed Evans head position and facial expression is different here than in the other shots. When his chin is down, he looks like a goon. Here, his chin is up and his face doesn't look as puffy as the other shots. Seems like his neck has to be extended a bit to make the costume look decent.

A1__scaled_600.jpg

the only thing thick is the heels of those horrible shoes.
True, but those heels help her butt look better. I remember Jeri Ryan (7 of 9 from Star Trek: Voyager) responding to a comment that it seemed silly that she had high heels as a former Borg. She said something about them pretty much being necessary when you're wearing a skin tight catsuit.

like everything i imagine once we see official shots with lighting etc it will look better, he does seem thinner, also the tops of those boots look more formed to his claf than I originally thought. Honestly I'm about to just photoshop the pattern and have it printed on a heavyweight spandex or jersey, in white and just dye it the proper colors

The chest cloth material just looks like multiple layers of close-knit sports jersey material. I used to paintball, the Dye jersey I wore had almost the exact same look of the texture and weight of the material. As well, sports jersey material would make the most sense for being able to move around.

I have been looking all over for the right type of motorcycle/sport gloves for this, and have been failing left and right. Thats 2 full days I'm never getting back! The search continues...

I had a good search for them too, but to no success. I've decided to get mine custom made. Whether they'll be any good or not remains to be seen :p

I'll keep you guys posted.

Yeah , i've been down that road too.... Seems to me the gloves simply "borrow" design elements from moto / driving gloves, custom is going to be the way to go with this

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back