Terra Nova References & Analysis Thread - for Pics of Props, etc.

Small question.I'm not new to building props that I can't afford or get a hold of.but I am new to the social prop building thing.and the only law I now are that re casters are scum.I was just wondering if I follow somebody's build thread and build one too.am I breaking any builders law?

Sean, in my experience that kind of thing is supported, appreciated, and enjoyed here if you share the results of your build too.

Small question.I'm not new to building props that I can't afford or get a hold of.but I am new to the social prop building thing.and the only law I now are that re casters are scum.I was just wondering if I follow somebody's build thread and build one too.am I breaking any builders law?

Nope, in fact that is exactly why I do my tutorials, so people without the means to purchase "done" props and replicas can have them too.
Sure I keep some secrets, like the Battle Droid won't ever show up as a tut...not because I don't want people to know how to do it, but that there would have to be litterally thousands and thousands of pictures to cover the almost 500 hour build!:eek

Basicly if you think you can do it, try.

The only real "rules" I know of are; Don't pass off other peoples work as yours, don't recast, don't make false claims (like "this is a REAL screen used prop!") Other then that...BUILD!

Sean, Noeland and Jonny B are right - sharing and following along are very welcome here! As are sharing, and following, and sharing, and following.

Sharing is caring :)

We don't come to the 'forum' to keep secrets. (Except you, Pythagoras, with your theorems, and your golden means, and your ... secrets. Give him the hemlock!)

Back in the olden days, there would be the occasional 'group build', where a bunch of folks would all build their own (insert prop name here) together.

:)

-Mike J.

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

select 800x600 (15 inch)

Under "Brouse" Find where you put the picture and select it.

Upload.

Click "Link"

Right on picture and select Properties.

Hold left mouse button down and highlite the URL, then Right click ON the highlighted URL and select Copy.

Come back here and click the "Insert Image" icon

In window that opens, right click on the http//: and select Paste.

Click OK and your done.

mnuarmour.jpg

You know that's concept art by Weta from "District 9," right?

Yup...wish Weta offered that armor too. Though if you have the movie and pause it with these guys wearing it, it's not even close to as cool looking as the picture is. Some just look like white plastic sheets velcroed togeather.

Does anyone have reference for the money in the show, the Terras, I believe they are called, I saw some in the most recent episode but wasn't able to get pics of it.

The guards armor are "Pressure Suits" made by a few different companies for mountain biking and other extreme sports, Six Six One make them, Fox makes them and a few others.

Yeah, I saw the bills (in the first part of the premiere) but I'm not too keen on them. They look kinda busy and haphazard... How you're going to get a smartchip on a piece of paper also bugs me. Legibility is also a concern. Not that it's not neat to have prop money FROM THE FUTURE (I am grateful for every such occurrence, but I noticed those ... issues.

Form FOLLOWS function!

You hear me, Apple?

And Hell's coming with me!

:wacko :rolleyes

I'll watch the latest ep. now - I missed it last night - and see what I can get ya.

"How do you kill a man with a dinosaur?"

... Very carefully.

-MJ

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back