Supernatural Props.What Ya Got... 4 Years 2010-2014

Re: Supernatural Props.What Ya Got...

Coming along nicely. I think a few more tweeks as you go and your set, the only thing I really see that might need adjusting is the thickness of the actual bottom, where here fingers are..(the base thickness)
attachment.php

Coming along nicely. I think a few more tweeks as you go and your set, the only thing I really see that might need adjusting is the thickness of the actual bottom, where here fingers are..(the base thickness)
attachment.php

Done intentionally too thick, because of how I'm going to mold it... you'll probably see in the next update!

Received Bobby's flask today! Perfect condition and looks amazing. Thanks for coordinating all of this, Russ and Rick!! :D

Good to hear. Glad you like it.

Hope everyone's flask has arrived in good health?

Hey Russ, got mine a few days ago as well and it looks amazing. I'll tell you Johnny Walker Blue has never tasted better than it does out of that flask. Thanks again for doing the run.

Matrix molding has begun and is a freakin' slow process, too. I'm working on claying up the second third of the silicone pour. Three part mold to capture all the detail here.

Here's a teaser as to where I stand:

29586_279253565529352_1896294132_n.jpg

First pull by Wednesday/Thursday. I've purchased iron and aluminum powder and these will be coldcast. I'll put an interest thread up in the junkyard probably later today.

Quick update. I think the filler I used on the faces is inhibiting the cure on my platinum silicone. I cracked open the matrix mold a bit early because I was seeing some tackiness and was a bit nervous. Glad I did.

INSIDE of the bowl looks amazingly clean:

8183738813_a7c4a7d937_z.jpg

However the half of the faces that were molded came out with the silicone tacky and in some places uncured.

8183775060_60bae6a612_z.jpg

It couldn't be the paint, as the whole piece was painted together and there's no inhibiting anywhere BUT the faces. They are of resin and I used spot putty to clean them up.

To be honest, I'm not sure what could possibly be inhibiting. I have some ideas to experiment with this and see how I can fix it, however. I'll update when I have a positive.

There is probably sulfur in your putty. About the only thing you could try is to apply a coating of crystal clear paint (sulfur free) and try another mold.

what are the chances of someone willing to sell, or know where to buy War or Famine's rings? big fan of those, and after hours of searching no site i could find has a good looking replica

War's is pretty much just a gold band. A gold spinner band if you really want to get technical.

I have a stainless steel famine one around here somewhere. Was going to lob it on ebay with a silver Death ring later in the week. Lemme look around a bit :)

Chris

My friend Hem stopped by with one of the Impalas he bought from my parent's and restored. Believe it or not, he's not a big Supernatural fan. He just really loves this body style and year. Hem (left) with his Impala and me (right) with my Impala. He did an outstanding job with his restoration. The paint and interior is perfect, and I'm really liking his black on black interior. :)

DSCN4552-2000.jpg

DSCN4532-2000.jpg

DSCN4530-2000.jpg

DSCN4559-2000.jpg

DSCN4561-2000.jpg

War's is pretty much just a gold band. A gold spinner band if you really want to get technical.

I have a stainless steel famine one around here somewhere. Was going to lob it on ebay with a silver Death ring later in the week. Lemme look around a bit :)

Chris

does ur famine ring has (assuming onyx) gem on it and that ur death's has (again assuming pearl) on it?

Just finished up a custom stone for my Death ring, and it is incredibly hard to get a good picture of it :darnkids

It's a custom cut piece of Mother of Pearl, kinda nasty to sand down, but it has an incredible shine to it. Even gives it that rainbow effect that you see when Dean pops it on when he plays Death for a day.
oupoB.jpg

This kinda shows the iridescent look a bit.
kAB8b.jpg

ZE21A.jpg

Black sculpey as the gem

D76Ip.jpg

Black 3d print of dome gemstone (can't remember if plastic or glass)

Pardon the cat hair. If there's a picture to be taken, he has to slam his head into whatever the subject of the photo is. Who knows, one day I might be taking pics of kitty treats :facepalm

Chris

I do have a few questions.

Are the rings for sale first xD..?

If they are for sale, are they made to order or are u just selling something you've previously bought?

What are the metals made for the rings? (not interested in having my finger turn green xP)

If they are made to order, do you need a ring size or is it at the buyer's discretion to get it sized appropriately.

And lastly, what are the prices (individually and all together).

I don't have a big Supernatural collection.... yet. I've loved the show for several years now, but have only just recently started to collect/build anything around it. I have some Supernatural style clothes, but as for props, this is pretty much all I got right now.

SANY0002.jpg

Not much, and the guns aren't accurate, but it's the best I can do right now.

Nothing at all wrong with starting small. Just means you can always go bigger :)

Personally, I pity the poor bastards who started with the car, cause everything after that is pretty tiny in comparison :lol

That and there is no way on gods green earth I am going to be able to afford that car :p

Chris

Nothing at all wrong with starting small. Just means you can always go bigger :)

Personally, I pity the poor bastards who started with the car, cause everything after that is pretty tiny in comparison :lol

That and there is no way on gods green earth I am going to be able to afford that car :p

Chris

Are you kidding me? Once you get an Impala you HAVE to have a fully stocked weapons cache... :popcorn

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back