Sucker Punch costume thread

I dig that Guy! I am making his Cap Pin: here are some works in progress!

I am in the process of making a wiseman costume and I noticed something the badge says the welsh but was changed to the welch. I don't want to order the wrong one so does any one have any ref pics of the badge in high res?

Here's where I am now

Hat: Cheviot minus badge
283184_10150341367260081_567675080_9845363_4944803_n.jpg

Badge I want to get from ebay
251557_10150341369030081_567675080_9845383_3711110_n.jpg

My coat
281654_10150341367220081_567675080_9845362_7156856_n.jpg

The costume group I'm working with is UK based and the girls have done a great job. Personally I think Jerri's is the best Babydoll ever she looks like her even out of costume. I did the photoshop if anyone's interested it's my job :)

269427_10150327803405081_567675080_9696725_7984043_n.jpg

The rest of the group
283172_10150324354055081_567675080_9655516_7128917_n.jpg

I'm hoping my Wiseman should go down well at this years MCM Expo :cool

Paul

One of our Suckerpunch photoshoot group photos taken by the photographer got put up! Can't wait for more, and can't wait for Dragoncon!

5985668852_66596a0678_b.jpg

(Me as Babydoll, Cyna Myn as Blondie, Yaya Han as Amber)

And of course, after this day of the con, I realized I had the katana slung on the wrong side. *sigh*

Parks--haha the paint job on the sheath was seriously an 11th hour hurried job, I thought it looked a little too Luis-Vuitton. :lol

I saw this on facebook. was it Kevin that took them? His style differs slightly. You all look great. High end cosplay at it's best. I'm doing a Wiseman cosplay this year with a SP group. See above for pics :) x

Paul

The Sucker Punch character posters are perfect for Photoshop work.

sturmtrupp.jpg

I'm working on improving the Babydoll poster I made for my daughter.

Parks

The Sucker Punch character posters are perfect for Photoshop work.

sturmtrupp.jpg

I'm working on improving the Babydoll poster I made for my daughter.

Parks

Great Job on both the costume and the pshop. It's nice to find some guys on this thread I was getting lost in all the Baby Doll discussions. Maybe we should have a wiseman thread so we can track down that damn coat :lol

Great Job on both the costume and the pshop. It's nice to find some guys on this thread I was getting lost in all the Baby Doll discussions. Maybe we should have a wiseman thread so we can track down that damn coat :lol

If I could find the coat, I might very well do the Wise Man next year. It's one of the few characters of which I am age appropriate and could therefore show my actual face. :)

Parks

I am in the process of making a wiseman costume and I noticed something the badge says the welsh but was changed to the welch. I don't want to order the wrong one so does any one have any ref pics of the badge in high res?

Paul, I don't know where you saw the badge changed to the Welch. In this close-up of Scott Glenn in costume, it definitely says Welsh.

wiseman.jpg

Parks

@Predpaul thanks! (for what little I can take credit for there haha.) Yknow I'm not sure, I'm absolutely terrible with names. I know his handle is Ghinto, and his watermark should be in the corner of that pic there. I feel like the name is familiar.

I'm excited to see some Wisemen popping up! You're definitely on the right track with the vintage stuff there, it looks great. And I could swear there was a thread for it.... maybe I'm wrong....
(EDIT: I was wrong, it's the gas mask zombie thread lol. Neevermind.)

I never really understood why everyone wants to do baby doll. I mean there's like an army of blondes with rosie red cheeks lol

Who is Slave Leia?

....really?

Last edited:
Paul, I don't know where you saw the badge changed to the Welch. In this close-up of Scott Glenn in costume, it definitely says Welsh.

wiseman.jpg

Parks

I googled welsh regiment badge and post world war 1 it changed to Welch the welsh for the same word :)

The coat is definitely a WW1 greatcoat and I agree it looks like we have to do the detailing ourselves to get the cuffs, buckles etc...

Parks I could bow down to you all day for your Sturmtrupp it is screen accurate. I'm only 35 so I will need a bit of aging but that's the whole fun of it :)

If you haven't already check out my other costumes. I'll list here then link to the appropriate costume. My Kyle reese is so famous now that Linda Hamilton has it on her facebook and I often chat to her about. She says she looks good in the pic I like to think I do too.:lol

OK here's my costumes

Aliens: Dropship Pilot and Alien Warrior
Predator: Paulo my own creation
Terminator: Kyle Reese
and with Linda: Collectormania 2010
Resident Evil: Chris Redfield
Sucker Punch: Wiseman (WIP)
Indiana Jones: ROTLA edition
Kickass: Hero Suit

Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys! I'm new to the forum :) I'm working on a Blondie costume for Halloween, my friend's wedding (everyone is to dress in costume) and for Ohayocon! I, unfortunately, can not devote as much money or craftsmanship as you fine people (and I have seen some AWESOME work come out of that) because I will be moving in a month and I have to hoard all of my money like a rabbit. I think though, that I've found an awesome pair of boots from Hot Topic that would really rock with the costume, so now the only thing I'm having a hard time finding is a good tomahawk holster for my waist. Anyone have any ideas or tips? Much help would be appreciated!

Thanks so much!

@Predpaul thanks! (for what little I can take credit for there haha.) Yknow I'm not sure, I'm absolutely terrible with names. I know his handle is Ghinto, and his watermark should be in the corner of that pic there. I feel like the name is familiar.

I'm excited to see some Wisemen popping up! You're definitely on the right track with the vintage stuff there, it looks great. And I could swear there was a thread for it.... maybe I'm wrong....
(EDIT: I was wrong, it's the gas mask zombie thread lol. Neevermind.)

No problem RebellionBarbie thanks for your kind words. :$ I am making some poster pics of the cast using worldwide cosplayers I spoke to Cynthia and did one for her the others are the UK cosplay group I am working with. I will point out that the gasmask guys were in the shot because we thought they looked the part they are not in the group

If you are able to view the whole album on facebook here is my work so far

I hope my wiseman does the film justice it seems to be me and Parks holding the fort for the guys here :lol

Paul

The coat is definitely a WW1 greatcoat and I agree it looks like we have to do the detailing ourselves to get the cuffs, buckles etc...

Actually, the Wise Man is not wearing the serge wool overcoat but rather a trench coat, which was popular amongst British officers -- and often privately purchased, rather than government issued -- during the War. I've had a casual interest in finding a similar coat and haven't had any luck so far. I might have to look harder.

An advantage of the trench coat over the heavy overcoat is comfort...it will be much more comfortable wearing a light wool/cotton trench coat over the wool British uniform than the heavy serge wool overcoat.

Parks I could bow down to you all day for your Sturmtrupp it is screen accurate. I'm only 35 so I will need a bit of aging but that's the whole fun of it

Actually, I have to bow down to you. Your other costumes are simply amazing and you have a diversity that I will never have. I am first and foremost a historian and living history re-enactor, so my comfort zone is in modifications of (mostly) military re-enactment gear. I could never pull off a Predator or Alien, for instance. My Kick-Ass Big Daddy last year was a joke, its only worth being that I was the only Big Daddy at Comic-Con. The guy who bought the pieces from me improved on it greatly, I was glad to see. Any future costumes I do will be mods on WW1 or WW2 uniforms, so I'm really only a one-trick pony.

The other challenge with the Wise Man (WW1 sequence) is his Springfield 1903 rifle with scope. There is no plastic version of the Springfield available that can be carried safely to a convention (I carried a plastic WW2-era Mauser 98k to Comic-Con for the Sucker Punch zombie...in the Sucker Punch character poster, I am carrying a real WW1-era Mauser Gew98). If the airsoft hobby continues to expand, maybe that will change. Looking through the airsoft forums, several people are calling for a Springfield to be made.

Parks

Actually, the Wise Man is not wearing the serge wool overcoat but rather a trench coat, which was popular amongst British officers -- and often privately purchased, rather than government issued -- during the War. I've had a casual interest in finding a similar coat and haven't had any luck so far. I might have to look harder.

An advantage of the trench coat over the heavy overcoat is comfort...it will be much more comfortable wearing a light wool/cotton trench coat over the wool British uniform than the heavy serge wool overcoat.

Actually, I have to bow down to you. Your other costumes are simply amazing and you have a diversity that I will never have. I am first and foremost a historian and living history re-enactor, so my comfort zone is in modifications of (mostly) military re-enactment gear. I could never pull off a Predator or Alien, for instance. My Kick-Ass Big Daddy last year was a joke, its only worth being that I was the only Big Daddy at Comic-Con. The guy who bought the pieces from me improved on it greatly, I was glad to see. Any future costumes I do will be mods on WW1 or WW2 uniforms, so I'm really only a one-trick pony.

The other challenge with the Wise Man (WW1 sequence) is his Springfield 1903 rifle with scope. There is no plastic version of the Springfield available that can be carried safely to a convention (I carried a plastic WW2-era Mauser 98k to Comic-Con for the Sucker Punch zombie...in the Sucker Punch character poster, I am carrying a real WW1-era Mauser Gew98). If the airsoft hobby continues to expand, maybe that will change. Looking through the airsoft forums, several people are calling for a Springfield to be made.

Parks

Whoah thank you I wasn't expecting that. Getting back to the coat would I be better off searching for trench coat because I have been looking at greatcoats :eek

I may also have the advantage living in the U.K

Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoah thank you I wasn't expecting that.

What you got was my reaction after looking through your costume portfolio. Amazing work...if enough people haven't told you that, then please allow me. And it's not just the accuracy and detail that you put into the costumes, but what you did with it after. Especially memorable to me was the image of the Alien Warrior reaching down to pet a little doggy. A little visual gag like that goes a long, long way in conveying the sheer fun of this hobby.

I work as an advisor in documentary film production and it never ceases to amaze me that what might take an army of Wardrobe, Makeup and Visual Effects crew (with a budget) in order to create a particular character, one determined individual in this hobby can achieve much the same result, with home-grown methods that are sometimes even more efficient and/or innovative. That's what I love about this site and the people who participate.

Getting back to the coat would I be better off searching for trench coat because I have been looking at greatcoats :eek

I may also have the advantage living in the U.K

Paul

I would assume that you do have the advantage, living in the UK. The trench coat worn by the Wise Man appears to be of the Burberry pattern...military or civilian, it doesn't matter. A new, genuine Burberry coat is too expensive, but you might find a vintage one if you look through the second-hand or surplus shops.

Parks

Thank you Icey. and The search goes on for the coat. As soon as I find it you will be the first to know Parks. I also had an incident during a shoot when a cat walked on set my alien scared the life out of it (maybe it was related to jonesy) :lol

Paul

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back