Sucker Punch costume thread

Wow thanks for the support everyone! If this had happened anywhere else I would have had to go through hell to get someone to help me out. Thanks for running such an awesome forum!

Cereza: Thanks so much! You look amazing in your costumes! I don't think I've seen anyone do that first one yet, I love it!

ModernDayMarc: aw thank you!

epilepticsquirl: No worries about removing the photos, thanks for adding my name on your post!

u2ecila: Thank you! I bought most of my gems on ebay actually! I got two bags of 1000 each for the small blue and crystal gems. I didn't use all of them though, you'd probably be safe with just 500 each. My square gems were all hand-sewn on and the rest were hand-glued on with a toothpick lol. I went through a couple of glues before getting something that worked well but I suggest gem-tac or api's 'the ultimate'. It took forever to glue and sew them all on, I don't have an exact estimate but basically a 6 hour road trip, a couple movies, season one of Shaun the Sheep, and season two of 30 Rock (I like counting my time in movies/tv lol). I wish I could go to dcon but I'll be at SDCC instead! I look forward to seeing photos of your costume!

Last edited:
Wow thanks for the support everyone! If this had happened anywhere else I would have had to go through hell to get someone to help me out. Thanks for running such an awesome forum!

That's because you're at The RPF, welcome aboard! You'll never find a group of more talented individuals than here on this board. Hope this doesn't leave a sour taste in your mouth and that you choose to join and share your work.

Finished up this Babydoll w/ Gun holster for a client today. AND! Hopefully finishing my own Blondie for SDCC next week =P
babydoll_by_burnsizzlemelt-d3lbqbl.jpg

On the note of SDCC, we should all meet up somewhere and get pics. It'd be awesome to get some group shots!

I would post pics of my Sweat Pea so far, but as always, its all coming together at the last minute, and most of that stuff is 400 miles away right now. Unless you want to see some mangled pieces of metal from my attempts to make the paulderon :p

I'm trying to get a hold of a cheap katana so I can get a feel of the dimensions I've got to work with. What length and curve does your blade have?

Since we're taking this into the Con, I looked for a non-toy sword with a plastic, non-sharp blade. I decided upon an ATA Taekwondo Training sword, adult length. I bought mine on eBay, but you might be able to buy one from a martial-arts supply store. The sword is plastic, with a very thick (i.e., blunt) blade. I cant see Con Security getting excited over it.

The ATA Taekwondo Training swords come in both adult and kid sizes. The length of the blade is approximately 28" (30" from tip to hilt). I don't know what to tell you about the curve, maybe you can use the following photo as a reference?

sp_sword.jpg

Parks

hi everyone, i'm new but i've read through every single page of this thread and some of the outfits amazed me, everyone did such a great job on their costumes! i'm planning to go as baby doll to an elf fantasy fair but plastic guns or any sort of gun that looks like a real one are forbidden here so that part of the outfit already goes to waste. instead of making the skirt i've browsed around the internet trying to find a similar one, i ended up with a black one and i once made a top that looks close to baby doll's but in another fabric, it's still white because i'm trying to decide what to do with it. should i dye it black to have a matching skirt and top or should i go for the blue or maybe navy colored so it wont be much of a difference? i'm not worried about it not being EXACTLY like her outfit, i kinda like the twist of the black (also wont be having the stripes on the skirt) in case blonde hair doesn't suit me i also might go for a red brownish wig but still in the same hair style of course

Just saw this movie and I wanted to say great work on all the costumes everyone. Awesome reference photos! Now if only I could talk my fiancee into doing babydoll...

Alright, I have a few questions on Babydoll and Blondie.

Babydoll:

Okay, does anyone know where to get a wig that is like really good quality and looks like a right shade? It doesn't have to come with a headband or in pig tails
And, how would I be able to do the ingravings on the gun and the katana? I'm like really stumped on how I'm doing that. I have the top and bottom figured out though.

(If anyone wants to know how to make a REALLY good replica of Babydoll's skirt, follow the link at the end of the post. Just change the colors of the skirt and add Babydoll's to stripes and the end of the skirt.)

Blondie:

Alright, I have one question regarding Blondie's gun, (picture below) I really want to know what a good replica is. I'm hoping it could be like Nerf or something, because I want to bring it into Disneyland for this Halloween, but I also want to wear it to next years Comic-Con (it sucks I have to wait till next year, otherwise I'd get like an airsoft gun or something.) So does anyone have any ideas on a good gun replica?

The gun she uses is a Heckler and Koch MP5K.

(Babydoll Skirt Tutorial): YouTube - Baby Doll's Sucker Punch Box Pleat Skirt With Yoke
if you are gonna go with a airsoft gun the galaxi mp5k is at around $100 bucks, let me look around and see if i can find one in the bone yards that you can get alot cheaper except it probably wont work but would be great as a movie prop

Galaxy MK5K Airsoft Gun by: Galaxy - Airsoft GI - Welcome to the

yo dudes! my costume is coming along, slowly but surely :p
I've been working with epilepticsquirl for a couple weeks to get a decal design for my katana. he shipped them off yesterday, so I'll be getting those soon :) I have also been carving out the hilt/tsuba for the sword lately and I'm hoping, by the end of this week my sword will be completed! woot woot!
one thing I have finished finally are the gun charms. Now, bear with me, I'm a starving college student, so I don't have 50 bucks to blow on some real gun charms off of ebay, though they look awesome. I also don't have an oven hot enough nor the brain capacity to put together my own porcelain charms, so, what do I choose to go with? Masking tape. haha yep, masking tape. So, obviously they're not gonna look exact, but I tried my hardest! I just used masking tape, elmers and super glue, acrylic paint, and finished off with a coat of clear nail polish :) so here's a pic of my finished product:

0710111114-3.jpg

all that's left to do with the charms are to put hooks on them and the chain, then whalah! i'm done with that haha
what's great about having these masking tape ones, is that I've dropped these guys a couple times and they just bounce all over the place, no breakage! haha

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back