Sucker Punch costume thread

Hey Everybody!

Long time since I've posted on here, but I have tried gathering some patterns to use to sew the leotard for Blondie, then I'll probably be working on the gauntlets next. After I finish this costume, I'm going to work on Blondie's dance number costume! I thought it was so cute and pretty, anyone else trying it out yet?

Not sure if anyone has posted this up yet or not. If you have, I couldn't find it.

I am trying to create the Sweet Pea outfit for a con in August. So I am crunched for time. However, I think I might be able to get it finished if I could figure out what patterns to use.

Does anyone have any suggestions for the main piece? :cry

Hey guys, Amber progress update. I'm done with the jacket, pants, top, panties - still need to tweak the lacing a bit. Hat is more khaki-colored so I'm gonna try to dye it a little more green. ::crossesfingers::

Next up, I've got all the materials to make the leather shoulder holster, straps, and belt. Still need to pick up the gloves and gun.

And then of course, gotta learn the makeup. Very important! Just threw it on for a quick picture.

Dang, Tiney! It looks amazing, like an exact replica so far! Also, a makeup-artist on Youtube did Amber's makeup so you can just look at the tutorial and learn how to do it! It's super easy! :)

YouTube - ‪frmheadtotoe's Channel‬‏

Alright so I'm new here but I've scoured this forum for information on what people are using to create Sweet Pea's coat. The lining I'll be using Wool crepe but I dont have the money to work with real leather and the pleather around here just looks like shiney plastic.
I already have my boots, weapons, scabbard, rosary and other mis pieces, and currently working on shoulder armor using clay to mold pieces and molding plastic to create it. The coat is just causing problems and I have to get the entire outfit done in 35 days.

Some one ... help? anyone?
heh

Have you tried thrift stores or Ebay for old leather trenchcoats? They tend to be pretty cheap and they are already weathered. You just need to take it apart and then cut your pieces from that. I picked up a trench on Ebay for $40 shipped...but if you're further North than me (little use for heavy leather coats in Houston TX), you could probably find one cheaper at Goodwill or Salvation Army. Just make sure it is as plain as possible :)

Hey guys, Amber progress update. I'm done with the jacket, pants, top, panties - still need to tweak the lacing a bit. Hat is more khaki-colored so I'm gonna try to dye it a little more green. ::crossesfingers::

Very nice. You did a much better job than I could have.

Parks

Greetings all. This is my first post.

Lots of great stuff here! Some of you are beyond amazing!

Just for kicks, I built a replica Baby Doll pistol.

It's based on a nickel plated m1911a1 gas-blowback WE airsoft gun.

I got the correct wooden grips, and the charms and decals from members that have posted in this thread through Etsy and Ebay. Really, the only thing missing is the correct cherry charms for the grips. If you can hook me up, PM me or email: samiam205 at yahoo dot com.

Here's a little video that I threw together of the build:
Building an Airsoft Replica of Babydoll's gun from Sucker Punch on Vimeo

I can't wait to see more of your great costumes at the Cons!

(Oh, and check out PROJECT ARBITER: 20 minute concept short film to see one of my other projects. Note to mods: Not selling anything, just sharing!)

Awesome jobs for all the costumes and guns.
Just a little help for the charms. Some of them seems a bit too big.
The correct heights for the charms are (measured including the small ring where it applies):

Bottle: 0.875" / 22.2 mm
Bunny: 1.216" / 30.9 mm
Hour glass: 0.875" / 22.2 mm
Scull: 0.875" / 22.2 mm
Teddy: 0.896" / 22.8 mm

Hope this helps

That was a pretty well thought out, well put together video. Thanks for posting and glad you liked my decals!

Thanks! It was fun to make.

The decals were the first item that I got, and the catalyst for the whole project.

If I hadn't stumbled upon them on Ebay, if they weren't so reasonably priced, and if they didn't look so good, then I never would have started hunting down the other parts.

I'm glad that you enjoyed the video.

Hey guys!

Long time since my last post, I'm almost done.. or rather, done at like 95% with my Blondie :D The only things missing would be a decent pair of black "upper part of the boots" with a zipper instead of a thigh high stocking :p and the mp5k mags which I wasn't able to make in this time u_u

Also, I'm not wearing the pistol nor the pistol clips on the gauntlets because i forgot to attach both things :p and note that everything is on the wrong side because of the mirror :p

2977701.jpg

2977685.jpg

2977687.jpg
2977686.jpg

And yeah, my cellphone was censoring my face on purpose :p

That's AMAZING peytronriley! Would you mind sharing your tips on the leotard? Did you make it, or did you buy it somewhere because it's an EXACT match! :)

wow thanks guys n_n

Ms Blondie, I made it myself, including the pattern, for which I used a t-shirt and underpants pattern united :p or you can use a tee pattern and then continue the middle length till.. well, till it's needed :p and then just draw a curve, which I'd recommend you do a slight one and then when you have the whole thing sown make a more profound curve if necessary.
The fabrics I used are a rubbery thin gray lycra, it's like regular lycra with a rubber like thing on top :p i dont know how to describe it better nor it's actual name u_u sorry, it was a lucky find too, but if you'd like to buy some I could check if I they still have some left :) The brown fabric is a stretch gabardine which is also quite thin, I used that mainly because it was the best brown color I could find (and I had bought 3 different fabrics already) so I stuck with that one and the black panels are black lycra, simple as that :p I thought the sides were going to be what needed most stretchiness (if that is even a word LOL) so there you go.

I cut the patterns measuring more or less how I could see the panels in pictures, the problem was that then I had to fit it more to my body and the curve of the hips got a little more pronounced than I would have liked :p so make a very light curve and when you're done, you can make a bolder one.
After you're done sowing the whole thing and fitting it to you (this involves sowing the zipper only to the bust line and then sow it open to the sides of each bust panel, if you see the movie pics and the actual costume pics you see that when it's closed it changes forms) also, the bust panels are cut as you look at them, with that curve so there's no secret there :)
The black stripes are a type of ribbon which i also dont know the name in english LOL but it's thicker than taffeta or satin ribbon and gets all kinda fluffy when you cut it :p sorry i can't explain it better, but I guess any ribbon you use that's not shiny will look good in it :)
Also, as a final touch, I took advantage of the space behind the ribbons and put plastic boning in it, given that my leotard is not extremely fit it was a bit silly to put them but I'm happy with it anyway :)

Well, i think that's about it but if there's anything else you'd like to ask just let me know n_n

Oh! one more thing if you're interested, the goggles I'm wearing were made by me. Well, not entirely, I sure didn't make the plastic part of the goggles :p I bought a 3 dollar pair on ebay, then with the same pleather I used for everything I made a brown cushion for the goggles leaving extra space in the middle for the nose bridge, and then painted the metallic part of the goggles with black metallic acrylic to give it a more aged look, they're not entirely painted, I stroked it with a brush on top to "stain" it. The same thing was done to the axe blade, which is a piece of wood, that I painted with silver spray paint then coated with lacquer and stained it like I said before :3

soooo, you basically said to hell with buying anything pre-made, screw paying for an axe; imma make this whole sucker myself. The talent on this board is insane. Glad to see the socks match now :)

LMAO they sure do :p It was Cereza's idea actually n_n

It wasn't so much as saying "screw everything", it was more like "wtf i don't have 90 dollars for a pair of goggles" LOL, but I'm also glad I said that cause, besides having saved 80 bucks, I got some skill points with this cosplay :D And so did my grandfather who cut the axe blade hahaha :p

OMG peytonriley that Blondie costume is simply stunning! Fantastic work over there. I've sent this to my friend who's supposed to be doing Blondie with me.

Question. Did you DIY the leather parts of your costume too? ie. belts and studs and etc. If so, how did you manage that?

Tiney your Amber looks great too! I hope to get started on mine (eventually decided on polyester elastane as my base material and I hope its not a wrong choice!) but I'm too tied up with Bellatrix from Harry Potter at the moment. Amber's gonna have to wait a couple more weeks!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back