Star Wars Resistance new animated series...

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Movie Talk' started by Bryancd, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Mara Jade's Father

Mara Jade's Father Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-resistance-buckets-list-extra-the-triple-dark

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2018
    Shoguno and Riceball like this.
  2. Dessa

Dessa Well-Known Member

Okay, because Comcast/Xfinity apparently hates me, how important is the first episode? Because they only have the second (and possibly the third by now) On Demand. Can't watch the show live (a channel that doesn't use On Demand is showing Babylon 5 7 nights a week!), so I'm stuck with On Demand, and if they're not gonna have the first episode, I'm kinda stuck.

3. Mara Jade's Father

If you pay for the Disney Channel via Xfinity, you can watch the shows through http://disneynow.go.com or their app.

4. Laspector

Laspector Sr Member

I'm actually kind of enjoying this animation. I'm completely sick of "plastic" CGI like Clone Wars and Rebels. At least this is different. Also, seems fairly detailed with the amount of fabric movement and scratches and scuffs.

Story wise...yeah whatever, I can take it or leave it, which is pretty much my same take on Clone Wars and Rebels. Personally, I don't see how this is anymore "kiddyfied" than either of those shows.

5. astroboy

astroboy Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

The animation is VERY similar to Zelda: breath of the wild.

Which can be brilliant at times. But somewhat bland at others

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

6. Huyang

Huyang Active Member

It’s also more cosplay friendly I think.

7. halliwax

halliwax Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I dvr’ed it, they will record the reruns at 8:30 in the morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shoguno likes this.
  8. Director Krenic

Director Krenic New Member

Totally I was thinking the same thing

9. Riceball

Riceball Sr Member

You do realize that this show is basically cel shaded 3D and no different from Clone Wars and Rebels except for the way they render and texture everything. To me, this show looks even more CG than its predecessors and reminds of the early days of 3D animation and cel shading.

NeoRutty likes this.
  10. Laspector

Laspector Sr Member

Well yeah, it's obviously CG, no one is denying that. Point is--it looks different from CW and Rebels and that is a good thing.

kristen jones likes this.
  11. Popeguy

Popeguy Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Watched few episodes and already like it, much better start than Rebels. The main character seems a bit too... sloppy, but I know people that do worse IRL. It's certainly much better than I expected :)

12. astroboy

Where do you guys watch this? I'd gladly pay for it, but I'm not sure where to get it?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

13. Mara Jade's Father

It's Disney Channel. So you need a subscription via cable. If you want to watch it legally without cable, here are some options.
    https://www.groundedreason.com/watch-disney-channel-online-legally/

You can also find the episodes although sometimes in 2:45 segments on YouTube.

And not that I condone it but you of course you can find just about any show from any channel online streaming illegally if you take some time to do some internet searches. Watch out for Malware.

14. Mara Jade's Father

https://www.starwars.com/news/buckets-list-extra-fuel-for-the-fire-star-wars-resistance

Huyang likes this.
  15. Mara Jade's Father

http://www.theforce.net/story/front/More_Star_Wars_Resistance_Episode_Details_Revealed_182244.asp

16. Kovnyn

Kovnyn Sr Member

Finally got a chance to watch episode 1 yesterday. I was unimpressed. I hate the main character. Even the youngest pilots I worked around in the Air Force weren't as clueless as Kaz. He might not be a seasoned veteran, but as an academy grad and young starfighter pilot, the fact that he walks around astonished by Every. Little. Thing. is just dumb. He acts more like the audience demographic than the military pilot he actually is.

The rest of the episode was okay, and I'll watch the other two I have recorded, but I don't have high hopes for this. Not even Ezra was this annoying in the first episodes of Rebels.

mcoractual and Treadwell like this.
  17. halliwax

I keep forgetting this show exists.. not a good thing. Gotta catch up later when they are on demand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Victor3

Victor3 Well-Known Member

Watched the first 2 episodes. It's OK. But I'm not feeling the urge to follow it closely on my own. I think my kids would love it, though, and I'd look forward to watching it more with them.

19. Inquisitor Peregrinus

Inquisitor Peregrinus Master Member

Ah, but that was their mistake. They said in Solo that putting hyperfuel in the engine would blow up the ship, but in the reactor is a different story. ;)

20. Mara Jade's Father

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
  21. Mara Jade's Father

https://www.starwars.com/news/buckets-list-extra-the-high-tower-star-wars-resistance

Huyang likes this.
  22. Huyang

Huyang Active Member

i did not know this was on the website! thats awesome, thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

okay, so i really like this show, and im no where near the age group it aims at. here are some things i noticed that i want to address.. .. ..
    Torra Doza's room....... WAS THAT A PHOENIX SQUAD LOGO?!?!? and did i see Gooti Terez walking with Hype Fazon?????? also Neeku Vozo could be one of my new all time favorites. was that a phoenix squad logo???

- - - Updated - - -

Screen Shot 2018-10-31 at 10.41.19 AM.png

- - - Updated - - -

Screen Shot 2018-10-31 at 10.53.46 AM.png

- - - Updated - - -

i see a protectors logo of mandalore!!!

- - - Updated - - -

the-high-tower-01-1024x576.jpg

23. Mara Jade's Father

If you read my post above talking about the easter eggs, it said there was Sabin Wren art in her room. That is probably what they were talking about.

I liked this last episode much better. I think it because they started dealing with the influence of the First Order. I have a tip for the First Order. If you want to keep your presence a secret, maybe not wear First Order armor/uniforms on the station. Look, FO... we know you look cool in it and probably the guys/gals/open minded droids love it, but you got to not let your ego get the best of you.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    Huyang likes this.
  24. Mara Jade's Father

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
    Huyang likes this.
  25. Mara Jade's Father

Watched The Children from Tehar earlier today from the Disney App. This was another episode I liked because it dealt more with the First Order.

I also liked it because I like turtles. You'll know what I mean after you watch it.

26. Mara Jade's Father

Bucket's List Extra: 8 Fun Facts from "The Children from Tehar" - Star Wars Resistance | StarWars.com

STAR WARS RESISTANCE // NOVEMBER 5, 2018

BUCKET’S LIST EXTRA: 8 FUN FACTS FROM “THE CHILDREN FROM TEHAR” – STAR WARS RESISTANCE
    FIND OUT WHY THE SHOW'S CREATORS GAVE COMMANDER PYRE GOLD ARMOR AND MORE!
    Star Wars Resistance is here! The animated series follows Kazuda “Kaz” Xiono, a young pilot recruited by the Resistance and tasked with a top-secret mission to spy on the growing threat of the First Order. Visit StarWars.com following each episode for “Bucket’s List Extra,” an expansion of our weekly fun-facts video series Bucket’s List. In this installment, we look at “The Children from Tehar.”

Bucket’s List Extra – “The Children from Tehar”

tam-compensator-resistance-1024x575.jpg

1. What’s this thing do, anyway?

Acceleration compensators are devices that use repulsorlift (or antigravity) technology to cancel out the G-forces from rapid accelerations or changes in direction in starships and speeders. So there.

kaz-neeku-resistance-1024x576.jpg

2. You’re out.

Scenes cut prior to animation would have had Kaz and Neeku asking around Acquisitions to see if Flix and Orka knew anything about missing children, and then to the Admissions office, before finally running into Kel and Eila in the marketplace.

ugnaught-food-resistance-1024x577.jpg

3. Color-coded food looks…interesting.

The Ugnaught food vendor has his own unique stand where he serves up a questionable menu of blue squid, purple kebabs, mystery soup, and blue bacon. His character design was based off of one of a line-up of background characters created for the pitch for the show.

Bonus fun fact: The food Kel and Elia steal in the marketplace is puffer pig bacon. That a pig-like Ugnaught is selling it is particularly unpleasant.

marketplace-resistance-1024x576.jpg

4. Space malls.

There is a marketplace on all four quadrants of the Colossus. The one that Kaz and friends frequent is located in the “A” quadrant, just above Yeager’s garage, and adjacent to the corner where Aunt Z’s is located. There are a wide variety of vendors selling spice, fruits and vegetables, cooked foods of all types, and trinkets and tools. At the very end of the marketplace, right next to several refuse dumpsters, is Bolza Grool’s live gorg stand.

gorg-signs-resistance-1024x575.jpg

5. Read the signs.

Bolza Grool’s gorg stand sign translates to: MOST TASTE. BEST FLAVOR. GUARANTEED. (We’re not sure about that.) The nearby sign with an arrow says: FRESH 4 YOU.

elia-kel-resistance-1024x576.jpg
    6. Name change.

In earlier versions of their characters, Kel and Eila were named “Bo” and “Dopa,” which is “one” and “two” in Huttese.

chilidae-resistance-1024x576.jpg

7. The Chelidae are at home.

The engineers of the Colossus were designed to be the indigenous sentient species of Castilon. They are amphibious but prefer to live above the water, and carry their belongings with them on their shells. The males have facial hair while the females do not, and this particular group/tribe all have similar nose rings.

Bonus fun fact: The Chelidae species shares a name with a family of real-world turtles on our planet.

pyre-phasma-resistance-1024x576.jpg

8. Stay gold.

Answering to Captain Phasma, Commander Pyre was designed to stand out with his own unique trooper armor. While the base of his armor is identical to that of the standard First Order Stormtrooper, his is finished in a gold chrome treatment. Pyre also wears a black pauldron, and has a matching gold-and-black blaster.

In case you missed this week’s Bucket’s List video, check it out below!

Bucket’s List

Star Wars Resistance airs Sundays at 10 p.m. ET/PT on Disney Channel.

StarWars.com. All Star Wars, all the time.

TAGS: BUCKET'S LIST EXTRA, STAR WARS RESISTANCE (2018)

ALLEY likes this.
  27. Mara Jade's Father

28. Laspector

Laspector Sr Member

I got through the third episode yesterday. Ships look great, tech looks great, enjoying the animation, not so much the writing. Basically seems to be just Kaz bumbling his way through whatever situation he is put in and that gets old really quick.

Sure, I'll keep DVRing them and get around to watching them at some point, but definitely not something I'm anxiously awaiting each week..

29. halliwax

I wish I could get into this, idk what I’m missing but I just don’t feel it :(

CT1138 and Kovnyn like this.
  30. Mara Jade's Father

I've enjoyed the last couple episodes. Little more adventure. I can only believe that the story elements in the first few episodes are story elements that will be important later. That was the case with Rebels.

I would like them to get more of the ace pilots into the episodes. They seem very interesting.

31. Mara Jade's Father

32. Mara Jade's Father

33. astroboy

Is it much better than ezra, chopper and zeb bumbling supply runs through most episodes in the first two seasons of rebels?

34. mycomics007

mycomics007 New Member

up and coming excursion for me to Portland Maine, beginning in Boston. Anyone have any shops in those areas or along the way?

35. Kovnyn

Kovnyn Sr Member

Same. Don't feel bad if you don't like it. I still haven't watched beyond episode 1.

I guess I'm (still) not one of those fan who like everything Star Wars just because it has the label slapped on it.

36. Mara Jade's Father

37. halliwax

I’m not following this show at all, has the been any big reveals or eastereggs connecting the other films?

CT1138 likes this.
  38. Mara Jade's Father

39. astroboy

You know,. I'm still not sure about this show. Parts of me really likes it. But I also have a hard time picturing these characters in escalated situations.

They were able to shed a lot of the silliness on rebels when the situation demanded it. But Kaz here, is the comic relief for the show.

All this to say, I think that this would be a better video game than a show. I love the world, the characters and the design. I think this airbase/fueling station would be a a fantastic location for an open world star wars game. One that's more story, than action.

40. Runner

Runner Well-Known Member

Im actually liking this show MUCH more than I thought I would and actually look forward to watching it. I couldnt say that for most of Rebels run.

41. astroboy

I think that ultimately, the writing is much better on this show than on rebels. Although directed at kids, the comedy here lands. Unlike any of the comedy with chopper or zeb

42. Mara Jade's Father

43. Mara Jade's Father

44. Laspector

Laspector Sr Member

I keep seeing more and more of these recorded on my DVR. Just can't hardly find myself bored enough to watch them.

45. The Searcher

The Searcher Well-Known Member

I used to think “oh, this is just going to be an interesting footnote in Star Wars history”, and forget about it in a week.
    But then Oscar Isaac and the Ridley Scott Alien style camera work showed up...
    Now I don’t know about you guys, but that really helped legitimize the show for me.

46. Mara Jade's Father

'Star Wars Resistance' Shorts To Be Released Online During Hiatus, First Three Available Now | The Star Wars Underworld

47. Mara Jade's Father

48. Egon Spengler

Egon Spengler Sr Member

49. Mara Jade's Father

3 new Resistance shorts online

50. halliwax

Any big reveals? I haven’t watched anything past the 3rd episode, curious if there has been any huge Easter eggs