Star Trek: TMP Director’s Cut 4K

I saw ST: TMP in its first theatrical run back in 1979. As a kid, I guess I was expecting more Star Wars and less The Martian Chronicles type vibe. But I've come to see that it was more "Star Trek" than much of what has come since that time. I enjoyed the work they did on the Director's Cut in 2001, and I hope this new 4K master/update will be even better.

My Dad was the bigger Star Trek fan, while my Mom and I were the bigger Star Wars fans.
He has all the VHS tapes, that when lined up together form the Enterprise.
Being more of a Wars fan, I still very much respect the Trek series, although definitely haven't watched everything from all the shows.
Voyage Home and on, I know I saw in theaters.
While I have seen parts of this first movie, I'm not sure if I've actually seen the whole thing, or Wrath of Kahn for that matter. (Yes I know, sue me)
I would love to get a good copy of this new remaster and watch with my Dad....and if they have a remaster (or plan to update a better remaster) of Kahn. That one seems to always be a fan favorite.

I'll be there and I'll be there for The Wrath of Khan in September. Now if they'll just show The Search for Spock next. They skipped it before and went straight to The Voyage Home.

You are clearly thinking beyond two dimensions. ;p

Thank goodness for Fathom events!!

Bringing Myazaki and other greats out of the dust-covered storage!!!

You are clearly thinking beyond two dimensions. ;p

Thank goodness for Fathom events!!

Fathom events is the main reason I still go to the theater. I've been able to watch so many classics on the big screen. Small quiet crowds every time. It's great. Hopefully we'll get The Search for Spock, The Final Frontier, and The Undiscovered Country. They haven't shown those yet. I wouldn't mind seeing First Contact too.
Yes, they do a Ghibli fest every year.

Last edited:
Yikes…I don’t remember the blue screen work looking as bad as it does in the new window inserts of the Officers’ Lounge scene…

8F18D376-403E-4B13-8E41-DF66B65472F6.jpeg
5192B4A2-8259-4CE5-B433-A6371F30DA55.jpeg

E1639E8B-5EBB-4515-91BA-85DF889669BF.jpeg

Bones’ nose is partially disappearing into the nearby beam….

F7DD999A-D99C-4471-8831-22F2434E90F9.jpeg

Last edited:
It looks like they over color corrected it a bit too much.
Those quick effects shots from the trailer looked good, but how does it all look together as a whole? (minus the shots above)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back