Paramount Plans Another New STAR TREK Film, Set ‘Decades’ Before TREK ’09

They would only correct events that threaten their existence. Any time travel that leads to the creation of their timeline is good and was supposed to happen. Very "Sacred Timeline" of them. The Kelvin is a unique case because its established that it was a new branched universe not a changed timeline (presumably due to the use of red matter as the mechanism). So Kelvin has its own 29th century time cops protecing it.
And you don't think a drastic deviation that the 2009 film presented doesn't count as a threat to the 29th Century? Hell, they'd at least go back and put Spock and the Romulans back in their normal time like how Braxton did in the Future's End two-parter (Hell, they'd probably stop Spock and the Romulans from ending up back in time in the first place, since the Romulans literally wipe out Vulcan in the 2009 film, which counts as a pretty threat to the 29th Century, considering it also resulted in the non-existence of many Vulcans born what would have been after it got wiped out, such as Tuvok and his wife. And without Tuvok, Voyager never gets home and doesn't survive certain situations in which Tuvok being there was important, thus screwing up the timeline even more because without Voyager to stop the events of Future's End, results in the 29th Century being wiped out).

Last edited:
And you don't think a drastic deviation that the 2009 film presented doesn't count as a threat to the 29th Century? Hell, they'd at least go back and put Spock and the Romulans back in their normal time like how Braxton did in the Future's End two-parter (Hell, they'd probably stop Spock and the Romulans from ending up back in time in the first place, since the Romulans literally wipe out Vulcan in the 2009 film, which counts as a pretty threat to the 29th Century, considering it also resulted in the non-existence of many Vulcans born what would have been after it got wiped out, such as Tuvok and his wife. And without Tuvok, Voyager never gets home and doesn't survive certain situations in which Tuvok being there was important, thus screwing up the timeline even more because without Voyager to stop the events of Future's End, results in the 29th Century being wiped out).

No, the Kelvin Universe is not a standard altered timeline. It's more similar to all the universes seen in "Parralells". Instead of causing a standard timeline overwrite, which would need to be corrected, Red Matter time travel causes a true universe split. Thus nothing happens from the perspective of the Prime timecops (Spock disappeared and never returned). And the Kelvin timecops know that Prime old Spock appearing is part of their history that they are protecting.

No, the Kelvin Universe is not a standard altered timeline. It's more similar to all the universes seen in "Parralells". Instead of causing a standard timeline overwrite, which would need to be corrected, Red Matter time travel causes a true universe split. Thus nothing happens from the perspective of the Prime timecops (Spock disappeared and never returned). And the Kelvin timecops know that Prime old Spock appearing is part of their history that they are protecting.

Basically, the Kelvin-Verse is the alternate “Hellscape 1985” created by Old Biff when he went back to 1955 and gave himself the Sports Almanac in BTTF: II (yes, and “Hellscape” is the proper description of the Kelvin-Verse).

IMG_2897.jpeg

Doc Brown Omg GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

Basically, the Kelvin-Verse is the alternate “Hellscape 1985” created by Old Biff when he went back to 1955 and gave himself the Sports Almanac in BTTF: II (yes, and “Hellscape” is the proper description of the Kelvin-Verse).

No, BTTF II is Picard season 2, prime universe overwritten, must be fixed. Kelvin is like Avengers Endgame, if we had stuck around in universe where Loki stole the space stone. thats just an example, Im aware the TVA erased that timeline.

Last edited:
Timeline talk (confusion) aside, a thing I liked about 2009 Trek was the Kelvin itself. I like Chris Hemsworth and if he got to play George Kirk Sr. again, I wouldn't be against it. But that scenario would have to take place before Nero alters history, back in the Trek-Prime timeline, so it seems unlikely.

[[Edit: Wanted to mention I'm a longtime Trek fan, and despite disliking a lot of the newer Trek things, I actually enjoyed the Kelvin movies for what they were. Comparing it to Strange New Worlds, which is supposed to be in the Prime timeline but messes up characters worse than the 2009 film series, at least the Kelvin timeline had a reason for why events and characters were different (butterfly effect and whatnot).]]

I actually wondered if the folks in charge wouldn't do another time-travel situation where James T. meets his father, George, so they could have Chris Hemsworth and Chris Pine together, which could also help the box office. Sure, it would mess up the timelines even further, but when has that stopped anyone?

Last edited:
How about… an entirely new movie. A new ship and crew in the 25th century with no ties to any other Trek that’s come before it.

New adventures, new props, new crew and ship.

I actually wondered if the folks in charge wouldn't do another time-travel situation where James T. meets his father, George, so they could have Chris Hemsworth and Chris Pine together, which could also help the box office. Sure, it would mess up the timelines even further, but when has that stopped anyone?
That was actually the pitch for Trek 4 (JJ Trek) about 3 years ago.

The Enterprise finds pieces of the Kelvin floating in space. And… in the debris is a frozen George Kirk. So they revive him and now he and James T are reunited (and both roughly the same age).

Hemsworth was in talks to reprise the role.

How about… an entirely new movie. A new ship and crew in the 25th century with no ties to any other Trek that’s come before it.

New adventures, new props, new crew and ship.
If it was respectful to previous canon and didn't take a steaming Targ sized dump on it like everything since Bad Reboot and Secreted Hideaway took over, I MIGHT be open to that
But let's be realistic, it's very unlikely to happen.

I agree with renaissance_man...It's time for a new high profile sci-fi/space opera IP completely. I miss the days of Babylon 5, Battlestar Galactica, Stargate, etc. All had their own problems, but Star Trek and Star Wars have gotten a bit stale for me.

The last time I felt I had a chance to sink my teeth into some new and fresh lore of any kind was the John Wick franchise...

I agree with @renaissance_man...It's time for a new high profile sci-fi/space opera IP completely. I miss the days of Babylon 5, Battlestar Galactica, Stargate, etc. All had their own problems, but Star Trek and Star Wars have gotten a bit stale for me.

The last time I felt I had a chance to sink my teeth into some new and fresh lore of any kind was the John Wick franchise...

We're due for it.

I don't really wanna see ST and SW die permanently. (Maybe they should die and it's just my emotional attachments talking. I dunno.) But those franchises could both benefit from financially-induced comas. If they remain active in the next several years then Paramount & Disney will just continue to abuse them. Nothing gets better while the current people are in charge.

That was actually the pitch for Trek 4 (JJ Trek) about 3 years ago.

The Enterprise finds pieces of the Kelvin floating in space. And… in the debris is a frozen George Kirk. So they revive him and now he and James T are reunited (and both roughly the same age).

Hemsworth was in talks to reprise the role.

There is a whole lot of “dumb” to unpack in that particular story idea; I would expect no less than a wealth of stupidity to continue to errupt from Bad Robot / Secret Hideout…

I agree with renaissance_man...It's time for a new high profile sci-fi/space opera IP completely. I miss the days of Babylon 5, Battlestar Galactica, Stargate, etc. All had their own problems, but Star Trek and Star Wars have gotten a bit stale for me.

If you want quality, new sci fi I recommend Foundation on AppleTV.

If you want quality, new sci fi I recommend Foundation on AppleTV.

Thanks for the tip! I had watched the first three episodes, and given up on it because it is NOTHING like Asimov's novels, which I treasure. But you're not the first person to suggest I give it another try. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back