Paramount Plans Another New STAR TREK Film, Set ‘Decades’ Before TREK ’09

Am I the ONLY person who doesn’t fall for the whole ‘alternate universe/timeline’ crap?

Spock himself said in the 2009 movie that due to the Nerada’s (sp?) coming back in time and doing what they did, ALTERED what would have been their timeline.

It was never an alternate timeline, but their prime timeline which had been altered.

Abrams came up with that crap after fan outrage.
Yeah, if the original premise is true that it was not an alternate timeline, but rather the altered prime timeline, where the prime timeline itself was changed, and no longer existed in its previous form, then you’ve basically undone the original crew adventures that follow: the Next Generation, Deep Space 9, Voyager, etc. So, by retconning and making it an alternate timeline, those other shows can still exist in continuity.

Last edited:
Yeah, if the original premise is true that it was not an alternate timeline, but rather the altered prime timeline, where the prime timeline itself was changed, and no longer existed in its previous form, then you’ve basically undone the original crew adventures that follow: the Next Generation, Deep space 9, Voyager, etc. So, by Rheon and making it an alternate timeline, those other shows can still exist in continuity.
Like the first two seasons of Picard.

I know Trek went to this well A LOT, but man...if anything makes me hate time travel, it's Trek screwing around with time travel.

...have there been episodes where Time Travel FAILED? I mean, where we see the protagonists:
1) Fail to complete the timey-wimey trip forward or backward, and vanish?
2) Realize that the changes made have permanently affected the present... no way around it?

I think the closest ST every got was with the Voyager: Year of Hell storyline, with Annorax trying to bring his family back to life.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back