SD Studios - What does Steve Dymszo owe you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol

"We recently learned that Artifactory (which took over the production from SD Studios) has been losing money on EVERY HAL unit we ship, but we didn't know that until we hired a CPA to come in and do Pro Formas and balance our books!
With all of the labor, shipping and other misc costs, we lose money on every one. Yaaah!"

Early on he said to keep Artifactory out of this as these sales were from SD Studios and are not a concern or association to the new company... But then he states that every HAL unit that ships is causing a loss to Artifactory?

He just ook all this money from people who ordered from SD Studios, and has put it all in Artifactory and closed down SD Studios. It's only a matter of time before he does the same with Artifactory.

Time to bring this link up again ;): http://virtualvenesect.com/tag/stephen-dymszo/

So we are almost at a total of 7k here... Maybe someone with an account on the rebel scum forum can post this news (and the list) there? Maybe people there will think twice before ordering with Stephen...

He just ook all this money from people who ordered from SD Studios, and has put it all in Artifactory and closed down SD Studios. It's only a matter of time before he does the same with Artifactory.

Time to bring this link up again ;): http://virtualvenesect.com/tag/stephen-dymszo/

So we are almost at a total of 7k here... Maybe someone with an account on the rebel scum forum can post this news (and the list) there? Maybe people there will think twice before ordering with Stephen...

Thats exactly what I said early on it seemed like to me . So your saying that was the motivation behind the run then in the first place ?

Thats exactly what I said early on it seemed like to me . So your saying that was the motivation behind the run then in the first place ?
No, I do believe he intended to do a honest, normal run, but when this run went bad (some parts that could not be delivered on time, etc...) he choose the "dark side" an decided to not give a cr*p about the run anymore, took the money and "invested" it in Artifactory. Probably Artifactory was already in the making at that time because SD Studios was not profitable anymore, and Stephen tried to cover the losses from SD Studios with the money from the run. I guess something like that happened.

As said before: I own two SD Studios props ('89 Batman Grapple Gun and the HAL Panel) and both are top quality. Almost as good as Rylo quality (see my signature ;) ). Too bad such a talent is wasted by such bad business ethics...

Added aceofknaves88 to the list again. Total amount is now far above 7k. I have to work 3 months and more for that kind of money...

Added aceofknaves88 to the list again. Total amount is now far above 7k. I have to work 3 months and more for that kind of money...

I hear that. I'm on disability so I get a check once a month that isn't even close to what I was making when I could work. I actually feel a little guilty spending that money on an expensive collectible, but more than that I feel stupid for paying this guy that kind of money up front.

You don't have to feel stupid. At the time people paid for their props, Stephen / SD Studios had a great reputation here on the RPF. He did runs before where fantastic props of very high quality were delivered. If people like Rylo, RelicMaker, Sarednab, etc... would announce some great runs and ask payment up front, I would pay without hesitation, becuase I know these people will deliver good quality and are thrustworthy. I thought the same about SD Studios back then. Only SD studios did what is almost unbelievable: take the money, blew his reputation and ran.... I highly doubt that people like Rylo, RelicMaker or Sarednab would even consider something like that... I'm pretty sure they won't. But SD Studios unfortunately was the exception... Again: too bad that such a talent is wasted, because quality wise, his props were just the best!

Updated the list on Rebelscum. He, of course, is not making a presence and staying away right now. He won't come in to address the list as that is just how he rolls. It is just a waiting game until he gets the mods there to take down the post and then he will come in and call it all BS and lies.

His reply on Rebelscum:

"I REALLY don’t want to fight with people on the internet (I wasted too many years back at MR doing that, which was stupid on my part). But for the sake of fairness and clarity, I will attempt to address some of your concerns.

And I will not ask the mods to delete this, so your: ”I MUST STOP HIM BEFORE HE HAS MY WARNINGS DELETED! STEVE IS EVIL!!!! HE HAS INFLUENCE OVER THE MODS TO MAKE THEM DO HIS BIDDING!!! SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!!!!” rant has no merit.

So may we agree to dispense with the melodrama and just stick to facts?

And for the record…it is spelled StePHen.

Let us begin…

a) Did we have a problem somewhere? You seem pretty intent on blasting me. If I did something wrong to you, I apologize. Really. Seriously. Happy to discuss privately. I don’t know who you are, but you seem to know me. So you have me at a bit of a disadvantage. Again, are you a prior customer?

b) Your list is out of date. Several people said they still wanted to wait and several more on your list have been receiving refunds (or have been refunded in-full already).

c) I have had a LOT of people who have been refunded, are happy (now), and regularly buy products from me. That is a verifiable truth.

d) Are there a few people who were/are really pissed at me? YES. I can’t really blame them for that. My bad. All I can do is try to make things right by them as soon as I can.

Did I handle the Neuralyzer project badly? ABSOLUTELY! I will be the first one to raise my hand with a MEA CULPA on that one. Dumb. I had a whole list of subcontractors go out of business during the run and I got stuck trying to figure out how to still keep things going. I also have 60 circuit boards with defective switches that the supplier wouldn’t replace. And unfortunately, I am not Joe-electronics guy. So I just kinda…gave up.

So let’s make some clarifications. Every one of the following statements is 100% verifiable FACT:

Fact: Is it the neuralyzer project taking a ridiculous/unacceptable/unforgivable amount of time? YES. I spent most of the money taken in on machined parts and electronics and I actually did quite a bit of work. I didn’t fly to the Bahamas with the money. I fully intend to finish them at some point. I only make so much money, so I have to refund folks when I can from new income.

Fact: Many people on the Neuro run did NOT pay in full. I put a hold on that.

Fact: If I were a scammer, I would have taken the money, disappeared, and went into a different business elsewhere and remained low-key. Contrary to this, I am ALL OVER the internet. Just look at YouTube.

Fact: My instructional videos on YouTube all have 100% positive feedbacks in the comments sections. That is essentially impossible to get unless you post a video of St Francis feeding impoverished children in Nigeria or something.

Fact: I have spent the last five years actively refunding people in cash and/or giving them product worth MORE than they paid. (And I ATE all of the Paypal fees; that was a LOT of money, but was the right thing to do).

Fact: I have a flawless 550 feedback on eBay.

Fact: SD Studios ships HUNDREDS of products to happy customers worldwide every year.

Fact: Our product return rate is essentially ZERO. We might get one return every 4 or 5 years?

Fact: Our Amazon rating for Artifactory is classified as “above average”. And they bust your ***** if you ship anything late. Believe me. We shipped ONE product late last Christmas (we lost the order) and we got downgraded from “excellent”. TOUGH company.

Fact: I work (typically) 12+ hours, 6 days a week to get products made and shipped as fast as possible for our two family businesses.

Fact: I have over 800 (and inching closer to 1000) (individual) SD STUDIOS CUSTOMERS on my mailing list. (You have to actually buy something to get on that list). There are several thousand on the Artifactory list. The neuralyzer project represents less than 60.

Fact: Most of my business (70+%) is from repeat buyers.

Fact: I have done (or am actively doing) consulting for several very-large collectible companies. They seem to like me fine.

Thusly;

I am not the boogeyman you are trying to make me here. And I am questioning your motives.

Because I really screwed up some products, am I supposed to go out of business? No. I do this for a living. I have a mortgage, car payment, wife, and two girls. We can’t just shut the businesses down. Life must go on…
So I deserve flak for my past mistakes and I will take that. I can handle it. But you can’t libel me. Well…you CAN…you just did. But you shouldn’t.

How is the amount “inching closer to $10,000”? While very dramatic, it is actually less than the amount you have shown and decreasing regularly. Sorry. Your referenced statement is patently false.

I am not hiding anywhere. You (or anyone) can contact me anytime at sdstudios@aol.com. I have had the same e-mail address since 1995 and the same home address for 21 years. Not planning to go anywhere. I get 60+ e-mails a day between my two businesses, so sometimes it takes me a while to respond, so if you expect me to get back to you in two hours…probably not going to happen. And sometimes I lose e-mails in my spam filters. It just happens. Sorry.

In summary, your post was a bit excessive, and since your facts are not completely correct, also rather libelous. That “Inching closer to $10,000” one made me do a spit-take…

You seem to want to actually harm my businesses with your warnings. As in… “Do NOT buy anything from SD Studios as he will continue to steal your money and deliver nothing”. Since that is completely untrue, I can’t imagine that you would actually want to do that, right? Like…interfere with someone’s livelihood who has a family to support?

Or am I reading your intent incorrectly?

If you wish to discuss further, I have listed my e-mail address. Feel free to reach out to me if you need to do so. I will not go “***-for-tat” here. I simply don’t have the time.

I hope this has addressed your concerns. Feel free to link to it on the RPF in the interest of "full-disclosure".

I have to get back to work now."

that response contains some really audacious stuff. He hasn't answered my e-mail from a few months ago and before that hadnt responded in who knows how long to any of my e-mails. I just realized I have a rebelscum account from way back but I went there to reply but there are way too many forums.. where is this posted? I want to ask him why he has ignored my e-mails, and why it is relevant that he has a perfect feedback score on ebay if we all know the only reason for that is he is he's screwing the rest of his customers.

What a tool. So now he's saying SD Studios is and always has been still in business? Does he even remember the stuff that he's told people in the past? Stuff he has actually typed and sent, excuses he gave people and now is completely contradicting? This 'woe-is-me' bull**** is seriously pathetic, never mind that half of his above statements above are simply not true.

Can I please make a request that people on this thread not ruin Steves rebelscum thread. I've been enjoying it till you guys chimed in. We all make bad deals in our lives and I've made my share and money I'll never see again. Just remember most of us like the guy. I've been on other threads in the past where everyone praises him and then someone that's had bad dealing in the past ruin it. I can't go anywhere around here without having to read negative comments. Here we go again on rebelscum. Seems I can't enjoy discussions anywhere I go. Very much apreciated and thank you in advance.

There are a lot of threads there. You don't have to worry about anyone ruining any of them except for one. I would prefer to just communicate with him via e-mail but he has made that impossible. I would much more prefer not to communicate with him at all, but he took advantage of me and stole my money. He didn't just make a few bad deals. Yes we've all made those. But if the bad deals I made in my life were at the expense of this many people for over $7,000, I wouldn't expect to just move on and forget about it. I would also be surprised if anyone still wanted to be my friend.

:lol Bwahahahahahahahahahahah

seriously? He rips off thousands of dollars and just because some people like the guy, people should not confront him and just leave him in peace? We should leave his thread alone all because you made the request?
Then absolutely! Because you asked, everyone please.... Just leave him alone and just accept this as one of those moments where "we all make bad deals in our lives".

:lol Bwahahahahahahahahahahah

Didn't ask anyone to leave him alone. Their are lots of companies that screw people intentionally or unintentionaly, happens every day for someone. It doesn't have to be SD studios it can be anybody. Generally I don't do business with them again. You won't see me painting thief or this company ripped me off on their front door. I usually take it as experience and move on. If I can get my money from them I will. I don't look at as a whole, all I see is that he owes this guy 250 and that guy 1000 ect. I don't expect anyone here to throw their hands up in the air and love the guy for taking their money. There are other ways of dealing with it other than chasing the guy down wherever you see him at and ruining the majority's experience. Do what you will, I've had my say so I'm done. Enjoy

Didn't ask anyone to leave him alone. Their are lots of companies that screw people intentionally or unintentionaly, happens every day for someone. It doesn't have to be SD studios it can be anybody. Generally I don't do business with them again. You won't see me painting thief or this company ripped me off on their front door. I usually take it as experience and move on. If I can get my money from them I will. I don't look at as a whole, all I see is that he owes this guy 250 and that guy 1000 ect. I don't expect anyone here to throw their hands up in the air and love the guy for taking their money. There are other ways of dealing with it other than chasing the guy down wherever you see him at and ruining the majority's experience. Do what you will, I've ad my so I'm done.
If you read this thread in the early pages, those who made the most noise publicly and on his social media and new company website ended up getting their refunds. People here learned that the only way to get his attention was to beat the drum loud and call attention wherever he made an appearance. That just worked, so now that people are seeing him in on forums again, they are going to come out and make some waves to get his attention and hopefully some results. You cannot fault anyone for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back