Scratchbuilt Research Vessel WIP - New Member Introduction!

CosmicQuest

Greeting everyone!
This is my first actual post to the forum. I have been interested in almost all things sci-fi, props and model building as long as I can remember. I thought I'd share a scratch build I am working on right now. This is a Research vessel that I have been tinkering on for almost 6 months. It is primarily styrene with some random pieces like BBQ dip cups for the outer "ion" engines and a fruit cup for the central "warp" exhaust engine. There are many other pieces from various toys and other models stuck on here as well. I am now at the point of finish painting and can't wait to see the finished product! Like all good ships, a rough sketch is needed - very rough :) I also worked up a rough floor plan of the ship as well.
I love all the work I have been seeing in all of your posts! It's amazing and really gets my creative juices flowing!!
Russ

20230206_064432.jpg20230305_124530.jpg20230205_191034.jpg20230205_190940.jpg20230205_190945.jpg20230205_190952.jpg

Last edited:
I love it! And agree with Joberg's comment about a "Galactica" vibe. Before I saw that comment I was thinking this has a very '80s prop feel to it, and I mean that in the best kind of way.

Nice to have you with us sharing a very cool project right where you belong glad to see this ship and Joberg is right on with the galactica look it has very cool build can't wait to see more

Nice to have you with us sharing a very cool project right where you belong glad to see this ship and Joberg is right on with the galactica look it has very cool build can't wait to see more
Thank you Kermit! I can't wait to get more done on it for sure!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back