old parts new model

barrie

Hi every one, with a bit of time on my hands in between large scale model builds for the sci fi and film museum in Milkton Keyenes, i though about using up some of the many bits and pieces from old kits and other odds and ends I had taking up space. So armed with only a driver figure from an old Tamiya can am car 1?18th scale, i began t DSC07598.JPGDSC07599.JPGDSC07583.JPGDSC07585.JPGDSC07599.JPGDSC07588.JPGDSC07590.JPGDSC07595.JPGo rummage through my boxs of bits and started to glue things together. what you see in the images is the result. Nothing was planned all just picking up bits and seeing how they would work together, I like to do things this way just let the imagination go and have some fun. In the end it turned out not to bad and my partner Carol came up with the name Starlight one. Let me know what you think as this will help me to improve on my next builds, I hope all of you are well, keep safe.

regards Barrie ( the old guy )

Attachments

• DSC07587.JPG
    DSC07587.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 110
Hello every one, I have been on this web site for a few years and still manage to make a mess of putting images on in the right order,I guess that it is an age thing. Well here goes with another updates Barrie ( the guy who is old and bad with photos )

DSC07608.JPGDSC07609.JPGDSC07611.JPGDSC07615.JPGDSC07616.JPGDSC07617.JPGDSC07621.JPGDSC07622.JPGDSC07637.JPGDSC07638.JPGDSC07648.JPGDSC07650.JPGDSC07660.JPGDSC07661.JPG

barrie,
Clean & crisp work using parts with other construction materials. What seems to be a trade mark with you professionals is the assembly of detail in a manner that suggests practical function. Nothing is just tossed together or forced to fit. Clearly in the spirit of ILM movie space craft.

You know, the way the ILMers worked on the Falcon back in 1976 by all sitting around it adding the random details, and then after a while rotating around. It would be surely interesting if someone came up with a cool design, but we then all got to work together detailing it in the same way.

Thank you every one for your comments, I wish that I was a full time professional but I am just an amateur model builder who has been making models for over 50 years, ( I told you I was old ). The sci fi museum asked me to do a model for them and paid me for it. They liked my work and have since asked me to build a few more. When I was first asked I did think it was a scam of some kind, being old makes you a little wary of things which seem to good to be true. Now at the age of 69 I am having a great time and enjoying my model making even more. I just wish I could get a new pair of eyes as detail work takes a bit longer now, From what I see on the web site the future of model making is in good safe hands, you younger generation model makers are brilliant keep up the work may the force be with you all. My next BIG model for the museum is going to be the Firefly from the TV series I will keep you all posted.

every one take care and keep safe and thanks for making an old guy happy regards Barrie ( the old and happy guy )

Thank you for your kind comment Mr Mcusanelli , imagination knows no bounds, inspiration is all around many things can be found on the model from a Ferrari 12 cyl engine to tank parts to planes and boats and even a steam engine. I just also like to have fun

keep safe and well
regards Barrie ( the old guy with lots of imagination left ) The mad max in space would make a great movie

Nice idea Mr publisher but living in England not much call for screen doors, I might give the lighting thing a go in one of my next builds as they do tend to add a great deal to a model. Being an old guy I will have to try and catch up with all the latest with leds and fibre optics.

Fantastic job/workmanship on that build mate:cool::cool:(y)(y):notworthy::notworthy: Love the way you're using everyday greeblies to get the details right!

Fantastic job/workmanship on that build mate:cool::cool:(y)(y):notworthy::notworthy: Love the way you're using everyday greeblies to get the details right!
I am glad that you like it Mr Joberg, it keeps an old guy happy and keeps up with the modern trend of recycling or re using things in a different way. I am always on the look out for bits of things when ever I go into a shop store, imagination is the key and even at my age (68 ) it has not run out yet and I hope it never does.

keep safe and well regards Barrie ( the old guy with a quantum realm left in him )

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back