ROTJ Darth Vader Graflex Stunt (MoM)(a.k.a. DV6) – by WannaWanga

I finally found some of these vintage buggers after months of searching. I’m excited to start this build with as many vintage parts as possible.

Attachments

• C6E8A378-1716-4E04-BD39-00BBB85A720A.jpeg
    C6E8A378-1716-4E04-BD39-00BBB85A720A.jpeg
    669.2 KB · Views: 180
i love it.

Do you happen to have any reference showing this? It's been this hole in the plot and it would be REALLY nice if this were true

I feel like it's connected to the lower half of the DV6 too..

There’s no direct photographic evidence of this exact version, that I’m aware of.

This build is based on 100% supposition on my part, pulling in evidence largely gathered from Halliwax’s V3 Theory Thread, (that the ROTJ V3 clamp and card were salvaged from a surviving ESB stunt hilt, based upon the three former rivet holes in the clamp) as well as photos of other ESB dueling hilts demonstrating similar construction.

D58E45FE-4F4F-4ECF-A410-EF43C162057F.jpeg
8DB499DF-24EC-44A9-B1DC-9811218C2321.jpeg

Surely there were other GRAFLEX stunt hilts used in ESB, other than the DV MOM base, and one may very well have looked similar to this build.

Last edited:
I got this kit to fit on a graflex replica from the saber armory, and it seems like the template is a tad too small for it. Has anyone else used this kit on the saber armory graflex?

I got this kit to fit on a graflex replica from the saber armory, and it seems like the template is a tad too small for it. Has anyone else used this kit on the saber armory graflex?

Do you know the maker of the graflex replica you purchased?

I know for a fact the template fits vintage and Roman’s gen2 flash flawlessly

Do you know the maker of the graflex replica you purchased?

I know for a fact the template fits vintage and Roman’s gen2 flash flawlessly
It is the one Kal sells, KR Sabers. When you wrap the template around the top or bottom, there is a slight gap where they should meet, maybe a millimeter or so. I don't think it will have a massive impact on the accuracy of the various holes I have to drill, just wondering if anyone had a similar experience with this particular hilt.

It is the one Kal sells, KR Sabers. When you wrap the template around the top or bottom, there is a slight gap where they should meet, maybe a millimeter or so. I don't think it will have a massive impact on the accuracy of the various holes I have to drill, just wondering if anyone had a similar experience with this particular hilt.

That’s probably why, I haven’t tested it on a KR

Make sure your printer was set to 100% scale when you printed it

If anyone is building one of these sabers from a vintage graflex, I have an extra 4-cell bottom with no stamping. It would be perfect for a DVROTJ build, since you don't see the stamping anyways. I'd love to trade it for a 3-cell bottom, so an undrilled bottom with original stamping doesn't get covered up for nothing.

How's it goin so far? I still have a spare bottom piece and would like to get a spare upper flashgun from KR and convert it with the kit. Did it work out?
Also what did you guys use to cover the bottom?

Finished assembly, painting and weathering the kit :D great kit!

You know….something I just realized, looking at your build…

Why does the Kobold clip appear to be “shorter/ shrunken” on the screen used prop?

Look at how much of the end cap is NOT covered by the Kobold clip on the screen-used hilt, compared to your build.

Is this the result of parallax in the photography? The Kobold clip being “shortened” by the production?

E3EBB653-8571-44E6-A6C9-AD1E8DE002E2.jpeg

Last edited:
Or the saber bottom tube is larger than 1.5" because it is a lot of space for parallax only...in any case, this observation calls into question

The Kobold clip placement looks the same in other photos captured of this hilt, so I agree. It may not be parallax that we are seeing here.

17665470-30C4-40CE-988C-DFEBB3316ECA.jpeg

Phot from POSW, showing the same “shrunken Kobold clip”:
215DF5F3-8ECE-4A53-8BE5-D87BADA741FC.jpeg

Is it possible that the bottom half of the DV6 is NOT from a GRAFLEX at all???

I too think it's a shorter Kobold clip and nothing to do with photography. It's either shorter when produced or was ground shorter by production.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back