ROTJ Darth Vader Graflex Stunt (MoM)(a.k.a. DV6) – by WannaWanga

Amazing pictures! Thanks for sharing!

So there should be 6 pairs of holes now - a leftover from the Wampa grips?
1660003239175.png

Although ... it is little strange that they don't align with the kobold placement

teecrooz and I are going to start a couple threads on these sabers

when it comes to the Vader one that this thread is about, the rivets have changed from the Wampa cave to today. It is my belief this is when the endcap fiasco happened. I have no clue when that was (yet).

We do have a good shot of the 7-grip crooked bottom all the way back in ESB, so at least something happened there.

teecrooz and I are going to start a couple threads on these sabers

when it comes to the Vader one that this thread is about, the rivets have changed from the Wampa cave to today. It is my belief this is when the endcap fiasco happened. I have no clue when that was (yet).

We do have a good shot of the 7-grip crooked bottom all the way back in ESB, so at least something happened there.
Let’s go already! Chop chop!

I'd love to get it on on this but dont have a drill press. Does anyone sell pre-drilled graflexes?

I'm wondering if instead of foam grips, we're seeing strips of gaffers tape covering the plastic grips, put on when they taped up the control box
Hmmmm…well, they look like they deform under duress and it is unclear if anything is exposed (like a static, hard, t-track grip) under the deformed areas.

A9ED6952-0D6B-49CA-8681-A48CAA122B2C.jpeg
7A93599C-3E49-49C2-A65B-29712BB45BD6.jpeg

You’ll also notice it’s fabric or stretchy adhesive reflective material on that blade above my post ;)

I’ve done the same thing trying to fully wrap a blade and pulling too hard.

I am in the camp of people who don’t think the makeshift “cover”, intended to cover the Graflex lettering on the bottom of the Vader MOM hilt, is original to the production.

Evidence suggests that they left this area “naked for all the world to see” on the hilts used in ESB:

2F5FE6CB-0D37-4263-BCEA-5B205303D7FB.jpeg

…I think this cover piece was added during the same post-production “restoration” work that also resulted in the V3 / Shared Stunt being covered in mylar wrappings and repainted to resemble the “Hero”.

C5AEF646-5390-420F-8967-3149D57AF63D.jpeg

This also explains why the rivets in the Kobold D-Ring clip don’t match the size we saw in ESB….it was removed to place this cover piece down (Perhaps to cover the manufacturer’s stamping to take the hilt on tour??) and then re-riveted back in place with a slightly different size of rivet (you can even see the marks from the prior rivets scratched into the surface of the Kobold clip).

65FDCD66-03B0-4E4D-87E5-F952B4B3F3AD.jpeg

I won’t be adding this detail to my own build, personally.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back