Robocop: The Original for Pepakura **8/29 1st post update, foam glove**

Re: Robocop: The Original for Pepakura **UPDATE->4/23 Foam foot conversion added**

thanks so much! I'm going to get started ASAP. I scored a NECA Auto 9 and a helmet off Ebay to kickstart things. if anyone wants to know, the helmet is from Hollywoodpropmasters. I'll post pics when I get it

Excellent. If you run into any problems, feel free to Pm me or post here; I'll help if I can.

Re: Robocop: The Original for Pepakura **UPDATE->4/23 Foam foot conversion added**

Excellent, again thank you. I'm going for the Robo one look with this build and trying to make it as accurate as possible. No real time limit on this build but hope to have it ready for the Heroes & Legends convention in Belfast next year. I will keep a record and start posting up when I have some stuff to show. So first of lots of measuring and lots of scaling :)

933924_460761764006288_1054324693_n.jpg

i've downloaded the files for future project :) thanks for these laellee

I'm super new to all of this and while I've done pepakura before I've never used foam, but on this project I would like to use foam. I'm 5'10" in height with a Medium/Large head and I'm really wanting to understand what scaling would match me best. How do I scale the sizes of the different pieces?

I'm super new to all of this and while I've done pepakura before I've never used foam, but on this project I would like to use foam. I'm 5'10" in height with a Medium/Large head and I'm really wanting to understand what scaling would match me best. How do I scale the sizes of the different pieces?

Your best bet is to use the 2d mode>Edit Menu>Measure distance between two points to measure the individual pieces compared to your own body. Here are the pieces that should be scaled the same:
-Bicep and forearm sections
-Thigh and shin sections
-Chest and Neckwrap
-Torso and cod (these should be scaled close to or smaller than the chest section)

For 5'10" i would start your scale at 465 and work up as necessary. The thickness of the foam will make your parts slightly tighter on you than paper/fiberglass ones would, so slightly bigger parts are better than smaller. I modeled the top of the torso longer where it slides into the chest section as well, so there is a bit of adjustability after it's assembled as well. This suit is much easier to build in foam than paper, if only because you can add foam strips and sections pretty painlessly if something comes out too short or small.

Your best bet is to use the 2d mode>Edit Menu>Measure distance between two points to measure the individual pieces compared to your own body. Here are the pieces that should be scaled the same:
-Bicep and forearm sections
-Thigh and shin sections
-Chest and Neckwrap
-Torso and cod (these should be scaled close to or smaller than the chest section)

For 5'10" i would start your scale at 465 and work up as necessary. The thickness of the foam will make your parts slightly tighter on you than paper/fiberglass ones would, so slightly bigger parts are better than smaller. I modeled the top of the torso longer where it slides into the chest section as well, so there is a bit of adjustability after it's assembled as well. This suit is much easier to build in foam than paper, if only because you can add foam strips and sections pretty painlessly if something comes out too short or small.

Very, very helpful! And thank you for responding so quickly!

really want to see atleast a couple more Robo's built, shame there aren't more... he's next on my list, hopefully in a couple of months after I finish my patriot armour.

really want to see atleast a couple more Robo's built, shame there aren't more... he's next on my list, hopefully in a couple of months after I finish my patriot armour.

Good luck with your Patriot, that's what I was building while I modeled this lol (y)thumbsup

Earlier this week I put together a Pepakura of Robo's reveal section (RPF member Bergerman wanted a reveal for the back of his Haunted Studios Peter Weller life mask, he got me off my ***** to do this so he gets credit for motivating me). The default scale is 1, and point-to-point measurements should be used to fit to your particular application (PM for password).

The above render is essentially the breakdown of the pep. It is separated into components to make building and fitting easier. The base neck ring is not included in the pep, it was used only for orientation to the rest of the suit.

Here's a pic of the reveal in Pepakura. The face shown is not part of the pep, I just needed one for proportion.

Here's the link for the exposed head parts in paper pep:
june15robocopheadrevealbylaellee.pdo
This is password protected, you'll need to PM me if you want to rescale.

IF YOU WANT A FACE TO GO WITH THE PEP, here's my old Peter Weller textured head for Pepakura. It is also default scaled at 1, and should mesh up to the reveal OK if needed. I put ZERO time into unfolding this, just made pieces fit to page.

Here's the link to the Weller face (also password protected): June15WellerFacebylaellee.pdo

IMPORTANT NOTES ON THIS:
1- I modeled the reveal over a couple of nights, it's just meant to be a nice fill or base to use rather than suddenly picking up sculpting lol. It's also sectioned up to allow adjusting to fit (for instance the jaw sections are separate, ad will need to be turned in to fit)
2- The front sections of the reveal are modeled to tuck inside the face, so they will need trimming back as needed.
3- The base neck ring is not included in the pep, it's just a cut-down robocop neck-wrap used for positioning.
4- This pep has a lot of small parts, and unusual shapes. and many (like the piston ends) will have to be trimmed accordingly as well.
5- Yeah, I know that Murphy's missing his bullet hole. I was happy to just get my face at a lower poly count.
6- The default scale is at 1. I DID NOT reference my helmet file at all while I modeled the reveal, so don't expect them to fit together nicely.

Any questions or problems, let me know in the thread or by PM...

laellee

Re: Robocop: The Original for Pepakura *6/16 UPDATE skull reveal and face added page

Nice work laellee!! Great file!!

Thanks for sharing!!

Re: Robocop: The Original for Pepakura *6/16 UPDATE skull reveal and face added page

Hi Laellee

Yeah and you did an awesome job on this and thanks for doing this for me and sharing it for the group :) just hope my pep work can do it justice lol!!!

As you know ive been waiting to do something like this for a while and thanks to you mate I can get cracking on it now :)))))

THANK YOU SO MUCH LAELLEE! I've started my suit and its coming out fantastic!
DSCN0441.JPGDSCN0443.JPG
Anyone have recommendations on the best way to finish the pieces? The seams need to be covered...

Good to hear! The helmet looks excellent, the pep work looks really clean. I'm pretty dumb when it comes to foam finishing, so I'm not much help there. Good luck!

Greetings from the Philippines! Thank you all for sharing your skills! Special thanks to laellee and gaiatron for the pep and foam files. I also follow Stealth’s thread on his Robocop build. I just have a few questions I hope you guys could help me with: 1.) I tried to print the pep files using a dot matrix printer (Epson lx 300+II) and the print does not match the layout image in pep so much so that there are missing lines or images between pages ( a gap or skip). I tried using letter and A4 size and still the same thing. Do I have to configure something in the printer settings? 2.) I am 5 feet 7 inches – how do I scale the file to my height (the initial prints looks too big for me) and 3.) would it be possible to receive the reveal and Murphy head files password thru email? Thanks a lot! Don’t see too many “good” Robocop costumes locally (Philippines). I’m hoping to build one with a motorized gunarm and jetpack (with electronic light and sounds) from the third movie. If anyone out there has pep files or tips on building the gunarm and jetpack I would appreciate all the help! Thanks!

I haven't used a dot-matrix printer in a LONG time, but I would guess it has something to do with the way it is communicating with your computer (it's configuration). Beyond that, the files should print fine, and unfortunately I don't have a dot-matrix to troubleshoot with.

For your scaling, I would use an overall scale of 450. You can also import all of the different pieces (except for the helmet) in Pepakura Designer, and then use 2D MENU>EDIT MODE>MEASURE DISTANCE BETWEEN 2 POINTS to estimate sizing as well. Below is a picture of the pieces that can be imported and assembled properly in Designer:

Good luck with your printer!

Hello I saw your robocop files!!!! I would love to build this can I have the Password :)

Good luck with your Patriot, that's what I was building while I modeled this lol (y)thumbsup

Earlier this week I put together a Pepakura of Robo's reveal section (RPF member Bergerman wanted a reveal for the back of his Haunted Studios Peter Weller life mask, he got me off my ***** to do this so he gets credit for motivating me). The default scale is 1, and point-to-point measurements should be used to fit to your particular application (PM for password).

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/c5d2/qhw1ewauk7v6ct14g.jpg

The above render is essentially the breakdown of the pep. It is separated into components to make building and fitting easier. The base neck ring is not included in the pep, it was used only for orientation to the rest of the suit.

Here's a pic of the reveal in Pepakura. The face shown is not part of the pep, I just needed one for proportion.
http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/f64d/t4856eaoxia5cqb4g.jpg

Here's the link for the exposed head parts in paper pep:
june15robocopheadrevealbylaellee.pdo
This is password protected, you'll need to PM me if you want to rescale.

IF YOU WANT A FACE TO GO WITH THE PEP, here's my old Peter Weller textured head for Pepakura. It is also default scaled at 1, and should mesh up to the reveal OK if needed. I put ZERO time into unfolding this, just made pieces fit to page.

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/2b00/ljsxt4o16lpves44g.jpg

Here's the link to the Weller face (also password protected): June15WellerFacebylaellee.pdo

IMPORTANT NOTES ON THIS:
1- I modeled the reveal over a couple of nights, it's just meant to be a nice fill or base to use rather than suddenly picking up sculpting lol. It's also sectioned up to allow adjusting to fit (for instance the jaw sections are separate, ad will need to be turned in to fit)
2- The front sections of the reveal are modeled to tuck inside the face, so they will need trimming back as needed.
3- The base neck ring is not included in the pep, it's just a cut-down robocop neck-wrap used for positioning.
4- This pep has a lot of small parts, and unusual shapes. and many (like the piston ends) will have to be trimmed accordingly as well.
5- Yeah, I know that Murphy's missing his bullet hole. I was happy to just get my face at a lower poly count.
6- The default scale is at 1. I DID NOT reference my helmet file at all while I modeled the reveal, so don't expect them to fit together nicely.

Any questions or problems, let me know in the thread or by PM...

laellee[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the tip and the password! Will try to figure something out with the printer. Will also edit to fit me. Will post updates and pics when I get them done. Thanks again!

I recently bougth the file on Ebay from Laelle at a great low price. Thanks to you i can now make my robo-suit. I started with the helmet and it looks just like the file. The file is very well made and very very very close to the Bruce Hansing desing. The file has every part except the hands and the lower calves which i hope to find soon.

This is a photo of my work so far. Thanks Laelle!

- - - Updated - - -

hi bayani, you can get the file on ebay at a great price. Look for it! :lol

I recently bougth the file on Ebay from Laelle at a great low price. Thanks to you i can now make my robo-suit. I started with the helmet and it looks just like the file. The file is very well made and very very very close to the Bruce Hansing desing. The file has every part except the hands and the lower calves which i hope to find soon.

This is a photo of my work so far. Thanks Laelle!
http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums...6-6a1a-458f-81a7-e08fbddd1858_zps6de11242.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

hi bayani, you can get the file on ebay at a great price. Look for it! :lol

i think laelee's robocop files are on the first page for free and for the password you just need to pm laelee for the password. . .so i'm really confused when you said that you bought the file on ebay

i think laelee's robocop files are on the first page for free and for the password you just need to pm laelee for the password. . .so i'm really confused when you said that you bought the file on ebay

Yeah, I'm pretty confused too, seeing as I've never charged a price for the V1 files ANYWHERE to ANYONE. I'd be interested in seeing where else they are being distributed, especially if some jaggoff is actually selling them as their own.

Chris01, the links for all of the parts are located in the first post of this thread, as ironmaided said. If you need anything else or are having trouble finding a file, post a message here or PM me and I'll help if I can.

NOW, JUST TO BE CLEAR ABOUT THESE FILES BEING DISTRIBUTED OR SOLD,

I created the Robocop V1 files specifically for members here on the RPF to enjoy, although I of course don't mind anyone else building with them as long as they are following the terms of use posted in the link section. The RPF is also THE ONLY SITE OR FORUM where I have posted any of the files (specifically in this thread), I don't frequent other prop/modeling sites and I definitely do not sell these files on Ebay or anywhere else. More to the point, if you see these files shared and linked somewhere else, it was not done by me or with my permission.
So, if these files are being stolen/used without permission/etc. and someone sees it, I would appreciate that information being passed on to me. For people currently building or planning to build with these files, I have no intention of suddenly making them locked or unavailable, just because some ass-hat has abused my generosity. As always, any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me or post in the thread. Happy building!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back