Rey's Blaster - All Metal Build With Videos - S2Jesse

Now that's a big milling machine! Great videos. It is fun to watch them and see the progress of your project. This is going to be an outstanding blaster when finished!

Cool, do you just do a few parts per night or is this secretly totally done and you're just taking time to edit the videos? I know if I were building this and it was looking as sweet as your does that I wouldn't be able to sleep until it was done.

Keep it up!

It looks like there is two versions of this blaster, has anybody find more information in books or magazines ?

Cool, do you just do a few parts per night or is this secretly totally done and you're just taking time to edit the videos? I know if I were building this and it was looking as sweet as your does that I wouldn't be able to sleep until it was done.

Keep it up!

I'm building as i go. I'd be done right now probably but ive been installing and learning a new cnc lathe I just got. So hopefully this week I'll have another video making some more parts with this new lathe:)

I'm not sure how interesting this will be to anyone but this has been getting in the way of the blaster build :)... I got my new cnc lathe and have been working on setting it up. I have a lot to learn on it still but here is the unboxing and setup. I'll be using it for the barrel tip, and the little greeble under the barrel as well as a few other parts.

and again thumbs up or subscribe if you guys are into this stuff at all.
https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=s2gamesjesse

Last edited by a moderator:
With the R8 in there... are you Tony Starck?

p.s. let me know when you're ready to start designing and fabricating custom lightsaber crystal chambers ;)

With the R8 in there... are you Tony Starck?

p.s. let me know when you're ready to start designing and fabricating custom lightsaber crystal chambers ;)

I did almost did get a stark license plate but instead i went with this one :)
aBhNHOC.jpg

Oh and fyi Ive already done some crystal chamber work :) With a lot more to come.

Have you seen the work of Harp Lightsabers in Japan? Share some pics of the crystal chambers! I'm working on one now but it's all 3D printed parts in metal since I don't have a shop to work out of. I'd give anything for a lathe or CNC at this point.

I did almost did get a stark license plate but instead i went with this one :)
View attachment 591467

Oh and fyi Ive already done some crystal chamber work :) With a lot more to come.

Part 4 is up!

Ok erbody... I got part 4 up. Sorry it took so long. I have a video game company and our project is getting close so its taking a lot of my time. Also I have been setting up the new CNC milling machine.

Anyway here ya go! Part 4 shows the process of machining on the CNC lathe using fusion 360 for the cam work as well as starting the frame.

If you like it and havn't yet please subscribe!
https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=s2gamesjesse

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually thought the CAM setup was really interesting :) This blaster is looking great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually thought the CAM setup was really interesting :) This blaster is looking great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok awesome im never sure what parts people might find interesting. Originally i just started recording these because I've done so many projects i cant even remember them all.

again next video will prob show modeling the grips, 3d printing with an sla printer, then molding and casting as well as the near final assembly. :)

Jesse

Yeah, I'm sure it's different for everybody. For me, having very little experience with CNC stuff, watching stuff like that helps me learn "how to think" within that framework. Every tool has a logic to it, but the computer controlled stuff is a little overwhelming and opaque from a distance so seeing you just methodically work through things (even when not fully sure about them) has been fantastic.

Ok awesome im never sure what parts people might find interesting. Originally i just started recording these because I've done so many projects i cant even remember them all.

again next video will prob show modeling the grips, 3d printing with an sla printer, then molding and casting as well as the near final assembly. :)

Jesse

You are doing a awesome job but only one question are you going to add a micro switch to the trigger so it can activate the sound card ?

You are doing a awesome job but only one question are you going to add a micro switch to the trigger so it can activate the sound card ?

I def plan too after the visuals are all done. I left lots of room inside for bat and audio etc. I designed and made my own sound board fro my r2d2 and proton pack and was thinking I'd make a smaller blaster board too. I left a little flat on the trigger just for that. When pick an exact micro switch ill mill out a little extra void for it.

Jesse

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back