Fifth Element: Korben Dallas blaster (mostly metal)

Risu

Master Member
It's been literally years since I posted a build thread over here, but I really wanted to share this one. Using the HCG gun as a base, I modeled Korben's gun in Solidworks. I learned how to program a CNC machine and yesterday I finally made the first part.

47603463342_c4d1aa72ed_b.jpg

I have to do a manual operation on the back of this piece, then I've got 3 more parts to machine with the CNC, then 7 pieces to turn on a lathe. I'm going to 3d print the frame around the grip because it's a little too complicated to manage on a 3 axis mill. I'll post more as it develops.

The front receiver took about 2.5 hours, but I was running it at a lower feed speed. I think the simulated runtime was something like 90 minutes. That's not including planing the block to size, though. That took a couple hours as well.

The parts aren't actually that heavy. They're mostly hollow. It'll be heavier than the HCG gun, but still lighter than most real pistols.

I dont think thats what he meant?

I think he saying they are not completely solid blocks on aluminum... with all the milling and what not.. much material has been removed.. (including the 'U' channel under each part.. that sort of 'makes them hollow') :)

Yep, that one.

I'd love to anodize them, but I don't have the setup for it. I'm planning to look into it, but for now the plan is to paint them.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back