"Reddish Jammer" Y-Wing Build

Collection: Complete.

IMG_0007 (1).JPG

Greeblie List: Complete

IMG_0009 (1).JPG

Yup. Those two little buggers right there...
IMG_0012 (1).JPG

Patience, young Padawan.

Ho guardato molti kit Nitto, ma questo non sapevo nemmeno fosse prodotto. Non l'avrei mai trovato! Grazie ancora per averlo condiviso

Okay, so.
The quest to Positively ID those three continues...

The first one is certainly a CB radio from a truck or car, but I have never positively ID'ed which one. Been using "close-enough" and "looks good to me" for so long now.

The second one "looks" like a few other key pieces, but I've never seen it positively ID'ed either. Your theory that it might have come from a modified piece (#A16) of the Tamiya 1/35 M36 Jackson Tank Destroyer tank is still my best guess, even though that is clearly not the real id.

The third one is a 'caliper' or tool from a tank, allegedly, but I've likewise never positively ID'ed it. Closest I got was guessing it was modified part #A23 on the Tamiya 1/35 Kampfpanzer Leopard, which is a confirmed kit in the 1975-76 ILM shop, but in actual comparison I don't think it's a match.

But these are all front-burner queries, and every time I go through the stash I've got them at the forefront of my search. If I find anything, you'll be sure to hear about it.

It's in 1/35th scale.
It's a tank.
It's the left side of a machine gun.
It's part #25.
With the barrels and butt cut off.
5 slots below 'bump'
'Bump' is off-center, and is a raised circular section with a telescoping slightly wider circle beneath it.
Pix on next post. (No smart phone, must borrow son's digital camera)

See it there, hiding in plain sight?

1622131665660.png

I flipped it over so you'd be seeing the left side. On the right side the sprue says it is Part #25.

1622131724476.png

See it now?

Here is the presumed "cut" -- but this is just a photo crop, I have not yet "cut" the original part.
1622131873360.png

Satisfying, no?

That's 5 out of 6 of the mystery Y-Wing greeblies ID'd in the last month. The only one remaining is the 'caliper' piece.

Castings coming soon of these five up-til-now-unidentified pieces, check the Project Runs in a couple of weeks. (Previous purchasers of my greeblie sets get these for free, but have to pay shipping.)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back