"Reddish Jammer" Y-Wing Build

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Studio Kitbash

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
That'd be a nice little list to have: confirmed donor kits that only donate 1 part:
1. Airfix 1/24 Stuka - 1 part for the TIE Bomber (ESB)
2. Revell V-2 Rocket - 1 part for the Y-Wing Fighter (ANH)
3. Airfix 1/72 F-84F Thunderstreak - 1 part (#37) for the Y-Wing Fighter (ANH)
4. Airfix 1/144 Transatlantic Clipper - 1 part (engine radial, either Part# 46, 51, 52, or 53) for the Y-Wing Fighter (ANH)
5. Others?

Last edited:

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

swgeek

Sr Member
Correction: It looks like part #2 is not in the Frog Beaufighter kit. At least I can't find it in my Beaufighter kit. Although the kit does supply one part for the Y-Wing.

swgeek

Sr Member
Hmm maybe I have the wrong one. I have this one.
20200129_142638.jpg

Studio Kitbash

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Rick Deckard is correct: ONLY the Mk. 21 version of the Frog Bristol Beaufighter has the M-shaped bomb rack pieces, part #38 in the kit I have. Also available in a boxing from manufacturer UPC.

swgeek

Sr Member
Well son of a @#!^%*!! Oh well, I have the replacement kit on its way and my Beaufighter kit still will supply one needed part for my Y-Wing.
Thanks for the help guys!

swgeek

Sr Member
Here's a picture of my Revell 1/69 V2 part next to the Airfix Harrier part.
I got the 1/69 over the 1/54 because my research showed the 1/54 came out later. It looks right to me, what does everyone think?
20200501_181130.jpg

Studio Kitbash

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I only have the 1/69 earlier version, so don't know how they compare. It certainly "looks" right, and that's how I made my subassembly, but I am curious to see the difference.

Studio Kitbash

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
No really: wait for it.

PATIENCE is the name of this game.

And Good Things come, to those who wait.

April 2016: Begin collecting original kits for building a Y-Wing Fighter
March 2021: After five years of waiting for it, it is finally found...

IMG_0001 (3).JPG

Studio Kitbash

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Yeah, in five years I'll post this picture of what I finally found, that finally completed the collection.

(And "may" have revealed two of the hidden/mystery greeblies ID's)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.