"Reddish Jammer" Y-Wing Build

That'd be a nice little list to have: confirmed donor kits that only donate 1 part:
1. Airfix 1/24 Stuka - 1 part for the TIE Bomber (ESB)
2. Revell V-2 Rocket - 1 part for the Y-Wing Fighter (ANH)
3. Airfix 1/72 F-84F Thunderstreak - 1 part (#37) for the Y-Wing Fighter (ANH)
4. Airfix 1/144 Transatlantic Clipper - 1 part (engine radial, either Part# 46, 51, 52, or 53) for the Y-Wing Fighter (ANH)
5. Others?

Last edited:
Correction: It looks like part #2 is not in the Frog Beaufighter kit. At least I can't find it in my Beaufighter kit. Although the kit does supply one part for the Y-Wing.

Hmm maybe I have the wrong one. I have this one.
20200129_142638.jpg

Rick Deckard is correct: ONLY the Mk. 21 version of the Frog Bristol Beaufighter has the M-shaped bomb rack pieces, part #38 in the kit I have. Also available in a boxing from manufacturer UPC.

Well son of a @#!^%*!! Oh well, I have the replacement kit on its way and my Beaufighter kit still will supply one needed part for my Y-Wing.
Thanks for the help guys!

Here's a picture of my Revell 1/69 V2 part next to the Airfix Harrier part.
I got the 1/69 over the 1/54 because my research showed the 1/54 came out later. It looks right to me, what does everyone think?
20200501_181130.jpg

I only have the 1/69 earlier version, so don't know how they compare. It certainly "looks" right, and that's how I made my subassembly, but I am curious to see the difference.

No really: wait for it.

PATIENCE is the name of this game.

And Good Things come, to those who wait.

April 2016: Begin collecting original kits for building a Y-Wing Fighter
March 2021: After five years of waiting for it, it is finally found...

IMG_0001 (3).JPG

Yeah, in five years I'll post this picture of what I finally found, that finally completed the collection.

(And "may" have revealed two of the hidden/mystery greeblies ID's)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back