Real Upholstered Millennium Falcon Couch and Holochess Table

CruxScenica

Hey y'all,
I run a scenic shop in Richmond, VA and I actually joined the forum to post this piece we were commissioned to build by a private client.

He wanted a comfortable version of the Millenium Falcon couch along with the Holochess Table for his Star Wars Memorabilia Room. The design criteria were:
  • It needed to feel finished and clean since it was going in his house (not necessarily new like the one seen in the Solo movies but also not as dirty and gritty as the original trilogy.)
  • The lights needed to function
  • It needed to be comfortable
  • It had to be broken up into sections to be installed on the third floor of his house!
  • It could also only be a partial section of the actual couch due to space considerations.
We worked closely with an upholster to handle the cushions, but otherwise our company built everything else.
Let me know if you have an questions!
DSC_0126.JPG
DSC_0121.JPG
DSC_0132.JPG
DSC_0123.JPG

Special Thanks to Tea over on this thread: https://www.therpf.com/forums/threads/finished-1-1-millenium-falcon-bench-build.253808/
And BlueRealm over on this thread: Making the Millennium Falcon Dejarik Chess table

Your collection of detailed shots and information were very helpful, even when we did things a completely different way!

As an upholsterer myself, the upholstery on that looks extremely well done! I love the whole thing, awesome job.

As an upholsterer myself, the upholstery on that looks extremely well done! I love the whole thing, awesome job.
Thanks! It was a process. We ended up CNCing all the individual cushions out of 1/2" plywood and then our upholsterer sheathed them in 1" foam and wrapped them in fabric. Then each panel was attached from the back.
We thought we'd be able to wrap each cushion as one piece, but it turned out every piece had to have a top piece of fabric and an edge band.

I've got a Star Wars Themed Gamers Loft at my house that something like this would fit nicely into a corner. If you're available to quote something like this... (maybe less detailed to save on some costs). Thanks.

I've got a Star Wars Themed Gamers Loft at my house that something like this would fit nicely into a corner. If you're available to quote something like this... (maybe less detailed to save on some costs). Thanks.

Hey Tom,
That sounds awesome and we would love to give you an estimate. Send us an email at admin@cruxscenica.com and we can get one started for you.
Thanks,
Joshua

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back