Owlman Build

Steampunch

Well thought I would start my first official thread with my build in progress of Owlman. I am hoping that by starting this thread it would assist me to speed up my progress by adding updates and such.

For those of you unfamiliar of Owlman he is a DC villain from an alternate dimension. He is technically Batmans older brother. Wiki page :- Owlman (comics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Basically you could file this as an alternate batman suit.

Anyway the version I am aiming for is the Owlman from the DC animated movie Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths, as voiced by James Woods.

IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

(the above pic I found online and has been a massive help)

Last edited:
I have started the mask first. I had an unfinished batman mask from the DC Online Future Batman mask. (As pepped by Graphic Jordon, Thankyou).

PICT9729.jpg

(The above pic is not my mask but Graphic Jordons I am just using pic for reference)

I was not happy with my pepped mask the way it sat on my head, I had pepped the ears to wide. Later on after watching The Crisis on 2 Earths movie I decided to use my abandoned cowl as a base to Owlman, a great many modifications have taken place so far...

IMG_0232.jpg

I cut the forehead away to the desired shape, and cut the eyes to a much wider shape losing most of the brow. I then added a beak to the nose area after filling in the nose and brow ridge.

IMG_0234-1.jpg

After some filling and sanding later I had the above shape so far. Unfortunately my cutting and sanding the original design had weakened the mask considerably, cracks on the forehead above the eyes kept occuring so unfortunately I had to attempt to strengthen the narrow parts with FG and filler.

Also design wise I was not convinced that the ears matched the source material so further alterations would need to be added.
IMG_0276.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

So After filling, I had lost most of my sanding work especially the nose, wouldn't normally use filler so thickly but needed it for strength. I also decided to make some additions to the ears/wings by adding a bit more curve to them. The black eyes are peices of foam I plan to use for the eyes later on.

Last edited:
I'm curious to see how this progresses. I really want to do the Frank Quitely version from JLA: Earth 2.

Last edited:
Update: Well I decided to go the Spiderman route with the lenses and use a mesh. Couldn't sleep so I tinkered around with some foam and some flyscreen patches. Bit of cutting, spraypaint and glue and I got these....
IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

Filled and sanded the mask a bit more and gave it a quick coat of primer, this is what I got so far....
IMG_0287.jpg

IMG_0286.jpg

Well thats it for a while now probably won't have much free time to work on this for a few weeks, damn work and commitments getting in the way of important stuff.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back