Limited Run Padme's blaster, ELG-3A, (Delayed) screenaccurate details and proportions - idealized metal and wood materials

As you suggest, I would happily switch my original preference from Pao Ferro to the walnut offering if that's possible. :)

Thanks so much for the update and for keeping this project on the radar. This is my favorite Star Wars prop! I patiently and excitedly await your beautiful replica.

In any case guys, I will be going through the list in order, and each one will select the actual blaster he wants from photos.
No need to change your preference, we will see when the time comes :)
just wanted to show that the walnut is a great option, not just the Pao Ferro :)

It’s interesting. It appears that the shapes of the raised bottoms of the grips slightly differ between the stunt ones and the one hero. So subtle.

Hey,

I have been reading through both threads (Production & Interest) and I am extremely impressed, these are turning out beautiful! I would love to be put on the interest list if there is still room and for the (Pao Ferro handle) please.

Hey,

I have been reading through both threads (Production & Interest) and I am extremely impressed, these are turning out beautiful! I would love to be put on the interest list if there is still room and for the (Pao Ferro handle) please.
Hi, thank you for your kind word,
I can add you to the back up list if you want, all blasters are normally spoken for, but with the long delay on that run, it's possible that some people will drop out, no promises though!
Cheers

Definitely interested in one! Don't mind a wait as it will give me time to save.
alright, same here, I will add you to the backup list, you would be 5th on that list though, so again, it's possible but it's becoming unlikely that you would get one I'm afraid, really sorry!
But obviously, first, I need to finish those! it has kind of been my grand objective in life for the past 3 years to be honest, a good amount of my dayly stress is knowing that this is not finished and it's really hard on my nerves!... my goal is to do that starting in the next few weeks, and I hope that this time I can really finish those!

thank you all for your patience!

Hello there,

first of all, let me reiterate how sorry I am about this project and the time it has been taking! there is no word that can describe how this project has been stressing me all the time and how sorry I am for the cool people that signed up for this run and decided to support me a few years ago when I was still starting, thank you so much!

I didn't want to jinx it, so I waited a bit before posting any updates, the hardest part being finaly taking the project out of the boxes and slowly getting back to it. But I have been back working on those for 5 days and have made very good progress :) This will slow down a bit as I will be receiving my big metal order for my current project. But I'll try my best to continue on this at the same time. The past couple years has made clear that I'm unable to find time and motivation in between projects to finish this, so it will have to be this way!
I really hope I can finally finish those and not disapoint you guys, i'm really trying! thank you again for your patience :)

here are a few photos of the current work.
the metal machining of the bodies was finished all this time, I just rounded up the front of the bodies, assembled the front egg shapes to the body and added a slight pass of additional sanding before the polishing.
the two blasters on the bottom are the two "solid" blasters that I did after the main batch of blasters to try to catch up a bit with the run numbers.
IMG_20230515_184612.jpg

the most progress has been on the wood handles as those were the ones that were most behind. I am now equipped with a milling machine that has been a great help to mill the inside pockets for the triggers and assembly. And I have almost finished the machine work on those and will be starting the hand filing and sanding to get those to their final shapes!
IMG_20230515_184621.jpg

IMG_20230515_184647.jpg

this is obviously pretty rough for now but after a pass of hand filing and sanding, they will look like the prototype handles in -almost- no time!
there we go. I hope I can update again rather soon, thank you so much for your patience.

Excellent news. You’re making great progress! Your devotion to this project and commitment to doing it so well are why I (and I’m sure everyone else) have been waiting patiently for you to finish it whenever you’re able. Those beautiful WiP photos are a pleasure to see.

Please let me know if I can help with anything. I’m an industrial designer who works in Solidworks and Fusion, and I have access to great metal and wood machining, metal finishing/polishing, and 3D printing. Happy to do anything I can to support this awesome project.

Hello there,

I have made some progress on the blasters :)
as I explained in my other project run, there are a lot of thunderstorms at the moment here and I can't always work on the machines, the good thing is, I have a lot of work to do by hand on the handles so it allows me to move forward on the blasters a bit!

so, as you could see on the previous post, the handles are partialy rounded using the wood router, but, you can't go into the corners with it, so those have to be finished by hand :)
I actually tried to shot a small video today to show what I mean when i say my work is handmade :)
I'm not a big video pro and I did that just laying my phone on a machine next to me, so you'll have to excuse the poor direction :) I hope it will work, please also forgive my stupid Qui Gon nose apparitions :)

here are a few photos of the steps, don't be worried about the rather raw look, obviously, this is wood work, it isn't finished until it's... finished! but nothing to worry about, after some sanding and the oil application, those will be awesome, I promise :)

raw cutting to shape with the knife:
IMG_20230611_153025.jpg

finishing a bit more with a different knife and rasp:
IMG_20230611_153757.jpg

IMG_20230611_185441.jpg

IMG_20230611_185353.jpg

Hello there,

I have made some progress on the blasters :)
as I explained in my other project run, there are a lot of thunderstorms at the moment here and I can't always work on the machines, the good thing is, I have a lot of work to do by hand on the handles so it allows me to move forward on the blasters a bit!

so, as you could see on the previous post, the handles are partialy rounded using the wood router, but, you can't go into the corners with it, so those have to be finished by hand :)
I actually tried to shot a small video today to show what I mean when i say my work is handmade :)
I'm not a big video pro and I did that just laying my phone on a machine next to me, so you'll have to excuse the poor direction :) I hope it will work, please also forgive my stupid Qui Gon nose apparitions :)

View attachment 1709484

here are a few photos of the steps, don't be worried about the rather raw look, obviously, this is wood work, it isn't finished until it's... finished! but nothing to worry about, after some sanding and the oil application, those will be awesome, I promise :)

raw cutting to shape with the knife:
View attachment 1709477

finishing a bit more with a different knife and rasp:
View attachment 1709478

View attachment 1709479
View attachment 1709480

Wow. Really nice to see the handiwork of a craftsman. You’re literally making every piece from scratch.

Awesome updates, the work looks great!
thank you :)
I had to prioritise again the Vader saber project as I was getting delayed, but my planning is not as compact at the end of the year and i'll make an extra hard effort to finish this project after the sabers :)
thank you all for your patience! :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back