Limited Run Padme's blaster, ELG-3A, (Delayed) screenaccurate details and proportions - idealized metal and wood materials

I was thinking about getting a plaque made and was wondering if the blaster would have its serial number etch on it.

Are you thinking about a wooden display stand using the same material as the blaster handle?
Hi testsqua,
the serial numbers are inside the blasters, to not distract from screen-accuracy. it can be seen by unthreading the back egg. If you are just asking because you are curious how to know what number you'll get, you'll know when you choose on the website and I'll try to print some kind of certificate to go with the blasters too.
DSC03143.JPG

regarding the stands, so far, I haven't been able to work on it. I think I really need to make it happen but this will delay the run a bit. I wasn't thinking about a wood stand as it would be a bit wood on wood with the handle. I was thinking of raw 6mm steel plaques with a support hidden behind the handle of the blaster. This is not easy to make it work though hence the fact that I don't have anything to show yet.

here is a 3D squetch for my idea, i really like the fact that we can't see a support from the side and it goes well with the aesthetic and the royal look of the blaster. I really like raw steel too but I'm quite worried that people won't like it or that it would rust for some people and they woulnd't be happy with it. Feel free to comment about that if you want interested people :)

Sans titre-3.jpg

Steel sounds fine for the stand. The rust, if any, would be a nice contrast. That said, I’m honestly fine with whatever material is used for the stand.

Hello there,
here is a quick update for the run, machining is basically done for the bodies, I just finished the rought facets for the front curve of the main body. Now there is quite a bit of sanding then polishing to do. I'm waiting on a new electric saw to start on the wood handles at the moment but this will start soon hopefully. It's crazy all the delays and problem that I have at the moment because of supplies and shipments... I'm still stuck on 11 blasters so far because I'm not able to get a new aluminium tube for the main bodies. Last one got lost and the seller is very unhelpful sadly. and crazily enough, he is apparently the only seller for that size of tube on ebay!

DSC03428.JPG

cheers

Hello there! lets update a bit on the progress :)

all back and front eggs are final sanded and pre-polished. just need to do the same on the bodies now.
P_20210607_180938.jpg

I'm still waiting for the new electric saw to cut the handles a bit more easily and preciselly but It should finally be arriving in the days to come. We are having SO MUCH trouble, delays and issues with suppliers and shipping at the moment, it's crazy! we have been waiting for that saw for more than a month and cancelled two orders from two different suppliers already and finally ordered another brand of saw that is in stock this time!

anyways, since it seems we are finally receiving that saw, I selected and drew the handles on my pieces of wood and pre cut them, so hopefully the work on the handles will start soon!
they are going to be nice! look at that walnut one on the bottom left of the walnut square, with the dark streak in the center following the curvature of the handle! awesome stuff!
P_20210607_180311.jpg

thank you for your patience. working through all those delays and trouble is quite hard and obviously making me loose a lot of time, but the blasters are coming along :)
cheers

Hello there,
we finally received that new electric saw! the best part is my wife started testing it and she eventually cut all my handles for me :) that gave me some time to work on the metal in the meantime!
so here are all the precut handles, ready to go to the router with template: (sorry for the crappy quality, cellphone pics!)
P_20210610_174828.jpg

and in the meantime, making very good progress on sanding the main body parts, 5 in the front are done and ready for fine sanding and pilishing :)
P_20210610_174837.jpg

cheers :)

Hi there,
sorry for the lack of updates, I've beenpretty busy with work in the house as well as the detention camera run. I'm back on this project now and will try to move forward as fast as humanly possible :)

I made good progress on the handles last couple days. they are now to the proper thickness and are cut to the final shape with the router. I'm super happy with the selection of wood and grain orientation and figuring on the final pieces, the walnut are definitelly a lot nicer than the prototype one and are going to look awesome when oiled :)

(Walnut on top, Pao Ferro in the bottom and ebony on the right)
DSC03459.JPG

cheers :)

Hi there,
first of all, I'm sorry for the delays for this very complex project, I had to finish other quicker projects first but am almost ready to go back full speed to this one!

I have some good news regarding the project though, we managed to finalize the prototype for the blaster stand! thanks to my wife Wonder Knight that took my initial concept (shown a the top of this page), made the actual plans and had it plasma cut locally. she then cleaned it and welded it together. I'm super super happy with the result, it's exactly what I had in mind and it's pretty amazing to see it for real now, really brings the blaster to a whole new level :)
I really love the contrast of the raw steel against the chrome look of the blaster. The plasma cut also really brings a super cool look with the actual melted edges, it really looks like metal melted by a Star Wars universe laser :)

So, those stands will be available to purchasse with the blasters, they will be 60€ and we'll need to know a bit in advance how many we'll have to do.
I know this can seem a bit expansive for a stand but I wanted something different, museum quality and I really wanted that invisible look and reversible feature. On top of that, by buying this stand, even if most of the price is the sub-contracted plasma cut (locally, like really close to us!), you'll be supporting Wonder Knight who is a great artisan and is really struggling starting her business so far :)

enough talk, lets see the actual photos! I hope you'll enjoy :)
DSC_0871.JPG

DSC_0872.JPG

DSC_0873.JPG

DSC_0874.JPG

DSC_0875.JPG

DSC_0876.JPG

DSC_0877.JPG

DSC_0878.JPG

DSC_0879.JPG

DSC_0880.JPG

So, those stands will be available to purchasse with the blasters, they will be 60€ and we'll need to know a bit in advance how many we'll have to do.
Great job on the stand. The stand makes it look like the blaster is floating.

Good idea on padding the arms.

Please put me down for a stand.

Just checking in if there were any updates on this eethan
Hi,
no sorry, the last update was the stands, I got super busy with the large run of Dome lights and still doing more at the moment. I'm trying to get back to that any day now. To reassure everyone, I have no other project planned or started before I finish both the lights and blasters!
cheers and thank you for your patience :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back