OKIE Iron Man MK VI (10/25 FINISHED )

Re: OKIE Iron Man MK VI (Update 10/9 Random Stuff )

Because a bunch of people are working on strapping and their cod area, I decided to take a crack at it tonight.

For myself, the cod had to be split and is still skin tight. This limited me on how I could attach the pieces. I couldn't place buckles on the sides so, I tried a belt system with the buckle in the very front above the crotch, but then the ab plate wouldn't fit in.

So, I was forced to go with magnets or velcro. I chose velcro because it would provide more support. How, I installed is shown below with a side view of what it looks like from the outside.

PA100135.jpg

PA100136.jpg

I also installed some buckles on the chest/back. But I have a few more things to do to it (I made some foam attachments for the arm openings:love)
Hopefully, I'll get them installed tomorrow and see what yall think!?! See ya tomorrow RPF!

Re: OKIE Iron Man MK VI (Update 10/10 COD STRAPPING )

So the discs on the side just hang off the canvas stap? That is how I was thinking of doing it on my foam build but making the strap longer with poppers so i can attach it to the thigh piece to hold it up. Of course this is easier with foam as it's lighter, i'm struggling with a foam build so anyone that mokes a proper bondo suit always gets my respect, hats off to you sir.

Like you had said, I may extend the strap to connect it to the thigh piece as well. Not sure yet have some other potential ideas, but if I find something that works I'll be sure to post some pictures.

I've seen a picture of your build I believe, but yet to see a WIP thread.... holding out until your foam masterpiece is finished ? :cool

I've seen a picture of your build I believe, but yet to see a WIP thread.... holding out until your foam masterpiece is finished ? :cool

Hahaha master piece I don't think so. I figured I wouldn't bother with a build thred as I am not really doing anything cool compared to builds like your own. I do have a load of pictures I have been taking during my build though.

:)

Hahaha master piece I don't think so. I figured I wouldn't bother with a build thred as I am not really doing anything cool compared to builds like your own. I do have a load of pictures I have been taking during my build though.

:)

I believe your not giving yourself the proper credit! Foam's not an easy medium and the only picture I saw looked awesome! With or without a thread it will still turn out awesome! Not everyone has an IM suit! :lol

Ah nice. I went the velcro route also (in the same exact spaces you put yours actually =p) to strap the cod together. I actually attached velcro to an elactic band though in order to have some flexibility while walking. Mobility test was okay... probably can't run in it, but walking is fine.

Well, I worked on some more strapping tonight.
The chest quickly buckles into the back and the shoulders velcro to the back/shoulder area.
Also you can see the foam inserts that I put together that velcro in.
-the collar plate is now foam
-and a foam ring on both arm slots.

Check it out...:cool

PA110139.jpg

PA110142.jpg

PA110143.jpg

Re: OKIE Iron Man MK VI (Update 10/11 CHEST BACK SHOULDER STRAPPING)

that is so great man. I love this build.

Last edited:

great job man, great idea for the spine with velcro , definitely gonna do that, also what did you do with the underarmor by the shoulders care to share? and i opt out to the dark red zentai suit, instead of metallic because if your using the metallic duplicolor the metallic zentai is too shiny, on ebay the person doesn't list dark red zentai, but all you have to do is ask, and make sure to get the zipper and hands,feet, head separated

This is looking REALLY good, my friend! You are going to have an incredible suit when you're done! :):thumbsup

Also, great work rigging your pieces... It's one of my highest priorities for Mikey's build, but I keep delaying dealing with it as I'm not looking forward to it. :confused

Guess I need to buckle down and get it over with! :$

that is so great man. I love this build.

Thanks Stealth! I can't believe what your doing with your foam build...so fast!

great job man, great idea for the spine with velcro , definitely gonna do that, also what did you do with the underarmor by the shoulders care to share? and i opt out to the dark red zentai suit, instead of metallic because if your using the metallic duplicolor the metallic zentai is too shiny, on ebay the person doesn't list dark red zentai, but all you have to do is ask, and make sure to get the zipper and hands,feet, head separated

Thanks JayJayn. Velcro has been something I have used alot on this build so far. I will definately share anything! I will try to get some more photos up soon. On the zentai suit, I went with a non metalic. I wasn't able to get it customized with the zippers and everything because every site I found said the shipping was 14 days or more!!! But, I found one site that was pretty reasonably priced and got it in like 3 or 4 days.

looks fantastic I love the foam arm inserts !!

Thanks Surreal! I hope it gives it a more complete feel.

Very nice dude, very nice!

Thank you sir!

This is looking REALLY good, my friend! You are going to have an incredible suit when you're done! :):thumbsup

Also, great work rigging your pieces... It's one of my highest priorities for Mikey's build, but I keep delaying dealing with it as I'm not looking forward to it. :confused

Guess I need to buckle down and get it over with! :$

Why thank you! I'm trying to get all the rigging done before I paint. I would hate to have to cut and modify pieces that are painted...

I completly have full faith that you can handle the rigging of the suit. Your ingenuity never ceases to amaze me!

Not much productivity tonight... But I tried on some pieces for fun

PA1201492.jpg

PA1201522.jpg

You couldn't resist trying it on. lol
I totally feel you there man.

Looks fantastic.

That suit looks great on you, nice work !!!

Thanks you sir!

You couldn't resist trying it on. lol
I totally feel you there man.

Looks fantastic.

Nope, sure couldn't! I needed to see if the ab section was going to line up right with the chest and cod. And it was pretty close, a few tweaks and it will be ready.

:thumbsupderic looking fantastic mate:thumbsup
man have you knocked this out fast:)

its gonna b finished for halloween(y))

fingaz iron man mk4 wip

Thanks, and I sure hope so!

Well I spent the night sticking hot glue on my fingers, literally!

I spent a good chunk of time shaving each individual finger piece to the proper length of my stubby fingers, then gluing them up, and sliding them on.

My method follows the photos below.

1) Tape of fingers to minimize the ridiculously burning sensation from the hot glue.

PA130155.jpg

2) Sliding the glove over the taped up fingers.

PA130156.jpg

3) Place the lower palm and knuckles on ( once you start gluing fingers the lower palm/knuckles will no longer come off separately from the fingers ).

PA130157.jpg

4) glued the fingers on! OUCH:cry

PA130159.jpg

5) Peace out till next time. ( Lots to do this weekend, expect big things) :love

PA130158.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back