OKIE Iron Man MK VI (10/25 FINISHED )

Quick question... How/where did you attach the shoulder bells? To the chest/back pieces?

I attatched it to the back piece on the shoulder area with velcro and a strap. I'll try to get some photos of how I attatched everything.

I am IMPRESSED with the speed and quality you built this suit with, good job no wait,, sensational work!! I will be looking forward to the next Dericrw project!

You can see your eyes, have you got room to wear sunglasses in your lid? I had sunglasses on as a test the other day so when i open up the lid to get a beer it sort of makes for a more tony stark look but more importantly hides your eyes. I don't think I'll have time to attempt to light the eyes.

Your suit really is awesome, i'm still loving the tartan inlay on the shoes :)

Hey RPF!

Its been a lil while and I enjoyed wearing the suit all halloween and managed to snag a $1000 bucks in a competion one night (y)thumbsup

I now want to build a stand for the suit to be displayed.
I plan on using pvc pipe probably just one inch.

Quick Question:
I dont want any of the pvc to be exposed so how do I get the stand connected to a base board?? Do I have to drill holes thru the hill of the boot? Or any suggestions would be nice! Thanks!

ironman.jpg

That looks Fantastic, that is great you won some cash you definitely deserve it for all the work you put into this getting it ready for halloween, my hat goes off to you !

That looks Fantastic, that is great you won some cash you definitely deserve it for all the work you put into this getting it ready for halloween, my hat goes off to you !

Thanks Surreal! The cash was a nice perk but finishing the project was enough! I always try to improve each time and maybe in a few years I'll take the time to create perfection like you and a select few can do!

well done mate(y)thumbsup
if you didnt mind a bit of pipe being xposed you could always hide it behind the rear heel plates,saves drilling through your boots,very much like a mannequin stand.
heres a idea for your base, looks fantastic
bobamaker: Mannequin Stand Project
probably my nxt project when im done:lol

fingaz iron man mk4 wip

OHHHH YEA! That is awesome. I must build.....

One question, it looks like the mannequin is just strapped to the base? So, is the suit placed on a mannequin then balanced/strapped to the base? Sorry if I have this all wrong.

OHHHH YEA! That is awesome. I must build.....

One question, it looks like the mannequin is just strapped to the base? So, is the suit placed on a mannequin then balanced/strapped to the base? Sorry if I have this all wrong.

no the base of the mannequin is fastened to the top inside the base,and connects into the mannequins lower calf.
if i was building one from one inch pipe i would put a t piece in the leg bring it out from the heel plate,then bring it down through a one inch hole in the upper baseboard then anchor the pipe down inside the base,possibly use threaded plastic waste fittings:thumbsup

hope this helps

Got to suit back up this Mother's day to help promote the church's vacational bible school.
And that would be my beautiful wife and son!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back