OKIE Iron Man MK VI (10/25 FINISHED )

Re: OKIE Iron Man MK VI (Update 10/2 ZABANA HAND)

Well it looks like I'm going to have to do my own electronics
Was really hoping to use the kit provided by aquilla and darkjerre, but due to time constraints I'll be doing my own.
Ordered some LED's today, wont be anything special but ohh well.

Also been looking to purchase an undersuit, found this shiny red metalic zentai suit... Would remove the head portion, and prolly add a crotch slit. (RESTROOM PLZ) Do you think I should use it, or more of a generic red?

img-product-shiny-red1.png

I think the shiny red looks good. I've seen some cotton material undersuits and it doesn't really look good with the armor paint.
Maybe if you could find a shiny suit with a darker shade of red?

I think the shiny red looks good. I've seen some cotton material undersuits and it doesn't really look good with the armor paint.
Maybe if you could find a shiny suit with a darker shade of red?

Thats the darkest red that I have found...
Another thought would be to buy a plain red one.
- first, it will be more comfortable and cooler
- second, I could paint the exposed areas with the same paint I use on the
suit.

If anyone has any suggestions or insight please fill me in! I could use your help.

- second, I could paint the exposed areas with the same paint I use on the
suit.

If anyone has any suggestions or insight please fill me in! I could use your help.

Sounds good!! I'm sure it'll look great.

Well I have ordered a ton of stuff to finish this build.

LED's- For the palms, eyes, and chest.

Lyrca Bodysuit- went with a plain one for comfort, and the fact that it was pretty much the only
one that would be here by halloween, another plus is it was only 30 something
bucks.
Strapping- two inch red webbing, with two inch side-release buckles, and red velcro.

Hopefully when all this gets in I can start to make progress again!

Well, didn't get as far as planned! spent 3 hours today purchasing and assembling a treadmill for the wifey! But, she definitely deserves it.

I attached the back/neck piece and spine to the back.
Also, made a template for the arc reactor. The only problem I have with the template is that I had to scale it to 2.8 inches to fit inside the triangle cut out, and I have read the arc reactor should be 4 inches??

Anyways here's some photos...

PA050114.jpg

PA050115.jpg

PA050119.jpg

PA050117.jpg

PA050120.jpg

Re: OKIE Iron Man MK VI (Update 10/5 SPINE )

ok i have a random question, that might have been asked and it concerns iron man armours (all of them =P)
Is it possible to sit down while you're wearing one?

very awesome. good idea with the spine. with the arc reactor... looks ok. i wasnt going to put one in mine i was just going to use a cloudy piece of plastic and just put led in the chest cavity

ok i have a random question, that might have been asked and it concerns iron man armours (all of them =P)
Is it possible to sit down while you're wearing one?

what i plan on doing with mine is making the cod piece to where i can take it off when i want to use the restroom or sit down

I split my cod in half and created a lip on the edges (a la TMP) so it has some support and intend to hold it together with velco or some type of elastic. This way, I can take off the cod like spartan says to sit/bathroom. I have pictures of the cod after I cut it in half, and I'll post more once the fiberglass on the lip dries.

Worked all weekend on the suit again, but because of the rain I wasn't able to put paint on anything. But not blaming the weather because its not really ready for paint either. :unsure

However I did do a bunch of small things to the suit.

- Split the chest
- Split the cod
- Made a bunch of foam inserts
- More work to the palms
- Added parts to the shins and thighs
- Finished the boots (a cool feature as well)
- Started some harnessing and velcro strapping.

Boots were a pain to get on and would rub the top arch of my foot raw!

SO.... I made the opening bigger at first, and then cut the top flat section out and installed a foam piece in place of it.

The boot is now like putting on a house shoe, I just slip it on and it is very comfortable, but heavy.

PA090121.jpg

PA090123.jpg

PA090126.jpg

Foam Inserts for joint areas...

PA090129.jpg

PA090130.jpg

PA090131.jpg

PA090132.jpg

And first part of electronic installments

PA090134.jpg

Really have enjoyed this build, but its starting to wear me down. Hope things don't continue to get more and more complicated. But as the build nears completion, obstacles always show up. Thats it for now hopefully some paint will be on some pieces by the weekend...:love

Re: OKIE Iron Man MK VI (Update 10/9 Random Stuff )

lmao. watching you progress get my heart beatin. looking forward to seeing som peices painted. im about to pep the right leg and collar bone plates. :D

lmao. watching you progress get my heart beatin. looking forward to seeing som peices painted. im about to pep the right leg and collar bone plates. :D

Thanks! I find it cool that there is someone else in OK building an IM suit at the same time. Always checkin your thread for an update!

As for everyone above, I plan to do what many of you suggest. I have already split the cod and currently implemening a strapping system to it. Once, I have it finished I will glady share.

Don't worry about the obstacles man. You're setting a good pace from the looks of it. You will finish it time. :)

spartan1803, mizuno hadouken,

thanks for the tips :D

Once I have my cod assembly figured out, I'll be sure to share.

Don't worry about the obstacles man. You're setting a good pace from the looks of it. You will finish it time. :)

Thanks. Your foam files seem to be a hit, maybe I'll look to a movement friendly build in the future

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back