OKIE Iron Man MK VI (10/25 FINISHED )

Re: OKIE Iron Man MK VI (Update 10/19 EYES AND ARC)

Hey RPF members,

I have nearly everything ready and painted, but I have a question for everyone. At the moment the suit looks pristine, and I'm not sure if I should give it that weathered battle damaged look. At times I think I should, and my wife thinks why would you want to ruin what you have now...

The video I attatched is from Adam of the 405th, and his tutorial on weathering is pretty cool! If I was to weather mine, I would use some of his techniques.

SO.....................

A. KEEP IT PRISTINE (NEW LOOKING)

or..........

B. WEATHER/ BATTLE DAMAGE

405th - Halo Armor Painting Tutorial - Updated - YouTube

Gonna have to go with the weathered look vote for me, it makes the suit look as if it is really made fom metal and has seen some battle action! :love

[/IMG]

P7260078.jpg

Derick, how did you attach the supports to the pieces? I'm trying to attached the supports to the back and chest pieces I pep'd so I can resin them and right now they're kinda ghetto rigged with tape. Not very stable.

Re: OKIE Iron Man MK VI (Update 10/16 Base Coat)

I cant take this no more!!!:wacko...

everyone almost done with their suit... but im still stuck with our helm:cry

but seriously... i really admire you deric (along with other IM builders here) who finished their build and made awesome results...

you've made a little boy's dream come true:)...

congratulations!(y)thumbsup

btw, love the repulsor... so compact (movie like) :love:thumbsup

Don't feel bad. I've been working on mine for a year and a half now. :lol

Derick, how did you attach the supports to the pieces? I'm trying to attached the supports to the back and chest pieces I pep'd so I can resin them and right now they're kinda ghetto rigged with tape. Not very stable.

For most of the pieces I had to make tabs to attach the braces to them. I looked at the piece on pepakura viewer to find the exact location on the piece and attached the tab and brace there.

FYI on the chest and back, its a good idea to attach the pieces together before resining to make sure they line up! I had to redo the chest because it didn't line up with the back. Good luck with your build, I will be following!

On another note.

All LED's are up and running
Weathered all the armor

Took it for a 10 min spin run yesterday!
Movement was like walking in a body cast, but I'll power through it for halloween with the help of some of some certain beverages???

I think we are gonna need a lil video action of your armor's debut night out!

Well I may just do that after I fix a few things on the suit.

-Need to fix the spine length (to long for my shorter torso)
-Need to fix the upper thigh extension area ( gonna try and paint the undersuit to match)
- Other comfort areas

Here's a photo that my neighbor took, its the only one I got at the moment but after I fix everything I'll be sure to take more photos

IMG_0205.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back