OKIE Iron Man MK VI (10/25 FINISHED )

Re: OKIE Iron Man MK VI (Update 10/14 fingers)

Put the base coat on all the pieces saturday after sanding everything with 400 grit sandpaper. I figure I'll let everything dry at least 48 hours before I put masking tape to paint the details. So the pic below is no wear near finished...

PA160161.jpg

Re: OKIE Iron Man MK VI (Update 10/16 Base Coat)

I cant take this no more!!!:wacko...

everyone almost done with their suit... but im still stuck with our helm:cry

but seriously... i really admire you deric (along with other IM builders here) who finished their build and made awesome results...

you've made a little boy's dream come true:)...

congratulations!(y)thumbsup

btw, love the repulsor... so compact (movie like) :love:thumbsup

Deric, your suit looks awesome. Well done. It's people like yourself, Stealth, blackdynamo 1, fingaz and surreal studio that have me motivated to build my own mark 6.

Thanks

This is epic! Wish you'd do an early suit up.

I did a partial just for ya, and I really wanted to!

I cant take this no more!!!:wacko...

everyone almost done with their suit... but im still stuck with our helm:cry

but seriously... i really admire you deric (along with other IM builders here) who finished their build and made awesome results...

you've made a little boy's dream come true:)...

congratulations!(y)thumbsup

btw, love the repulsor... so compact (movie like) :love:thumbsup

Thank you so much! Your work his 99.999% accurate why mine is like 80%! I like how you installed the back part of the helmet. Good idea and looks to be very clean!

Deric, your suit looks awesome. Well done. It's people like yourself, Stealth, blackdynamo 1, fingaz and surreal studio that have me motivated to build my own mark 6.

Thanks

I know what you mean, they inspired me as well! Good luck with your build!

:thumbsuplooking good mate:thumbsup

fingaz iron man mk4 wip

Thanks again fingaz!

Nice suit dude, love the tartan in the shoes ;)

Thanks!

Well do to request, I did a partial fit test and will do a full hopefully this weekend!

PA170175.jpg

PA170174.jpg

PA170173.jpg

PA170172.jpg

Everything fits pretty good I think.
Paint has a few chips from pealing tape but I'll fix all those.
(Especially on the spine :cry)
Would like to add some weathering and some shadowing to help bring out the details *is this called black washing or something*
P.S. if you look at the chest I have installed plexi-glass to conceal the arc reactor!:)

Also replaced the back of the hand with foam so its easy to put on and comfortable.

PA170163.jpg

PA170164.jpg

In addition, I have roughly worked on a hinge for the helmet. Not going to have it hooked to a servo. But hight have the lighting wire run through the magnets so that the lights are only on when the helmet is shut. Forgot who did this but I thought it was cool!

PA170177.jpg

Time to recharge the batteries and do it again after my normal 7 to 4 work day!

Re: OKIE Iron Man MK VI (Update 10/17)

WOW! :eek... you totally blew me away deric...

the suit fits you well:):thumbsup... very nice proportion(y)thumbsup

am still in a state of awe while typing this comment:eek... love your suit:love:thumbsup

oh my....The proportions are perfect. Everything fits you so well.
You're going to be such a hit on Halloween!

it's builds like This that make me like the Mark 6 more and more each day.

Question: With your spine piece bound to your upper torso, what happens when you turn your upper torso to the right?

What I mean is, are you going to bind it to the codpiece as well ? If so, then if you turn your torso, I would have to think that thing is going to twist / get some torque going on it ?

I was thinking of doing the same thing and am just trying to think through potential problems. As I sit here and twist in my chair, I'm thinking that the lower part of the spine probably won't move much, but that upper part is going to twist. Foam might be fine with that, but I'm using fiberglass, so I'm a bit concerned.

WOW! :eek... you totally blew me away deric...

the suit fits you well:):thumbsup... very nice proportion(y)thumbsup

am still in a state of awe while typing this comment:eek... love your suit:love:thumbsup

Your too kind! I've been reading up on your thread and ordered those magnets so I can do an instal like yours hopefully!

oh my....The proportions are perfect. Everything fits you so well.
You're going to be such a hit on Halloween!

it's builds like This that make me like the Mark 6 more and more each day.

Thanks! I was just fortunate that for the most part my frame fit the default scale. Keep up the work on the foam speed build..always lookin for new pictures!

Question: With your spine piece bound to your upper torso, what happens when you turn your upper torso to the right?

What I mean is, are you going to bind it to the codpiece as well ? If so, then if you turn your torso, I would have to think that thing is going to twist / get some torque going on it ?

I was thinking of doing the same thing and am just trying to think through potential problems. As I sit here and twist in my chair, I'm thinking that the lower part of the spine probably won't move much, but that upper part is going to twist. Foam might be fine with that, but I'm using fiberglass, so I'm a bit concerned.

Your correct on everything you mentioned. I do not plan on attatching the spine to the cod, but letting it hang freely. So when I twist it won't break, however it will not be lined up correctly with the back abdominal section.

Another option would be to attatch half the spine to the back and the other half to the back of the abodominal section. But, I wanted the spine to be lined all the time.

Both options have the :thumbsup and :thumbsdown.... Maybe you will find the ultimate solution :love

I say you attach the lower spine to the cod with magnets at the last "vertebrae" that way it lines up, but if you turn too much it just unhooks, not breaks

very nice. mine is on a break right now but i just came into some money so i might be ordering some smooth cast :D i saw the pics of your suit painted and literally said WOW! outloud lol

I say you attach the lower spine to the cod with magnets at the last "vertebrae" that way it lines up, but if you turn too much it just unhooks, not breaks

"AHAAAH" the perfect solution! Thanks Jowe for solving my simple problem :behave

very nice. mine is on a break right now but i just came into some money so i might be ordering some smooth cast :D i saw the pics of your suit painted and literally said WOW! outloud lol

I've been using smooth cast 300 and it sets up really fast, but allows you enough time to slush it around some. I have also been put on a mini hold do to the recenty windy as heck weather! Kinda hard to paint with these conditions!

Side Note: Wired up the arc last night and it is rediculously bright and even more rediculous to get a good pic of it. So I just decided not to. Prolly more electronics tonight if the wind keeps up.

This is amazing. You work quite fast too. Keep those updates coming!:thumbsup

Thank you very much!

Today I worked on getting the lights in the helmet working. I planned on using two sets of leds that I purchased but one of them came broke.. so oh-well.

I wired it up so that the lights only come on when the helmet is closed.

PA190199.jpg

PA190203.jpg

PA190202.jpg

Not the cleanest instal but works for me with Halloween so near! Here's a video of it working

And the chest arc needs some cleaning up but here it is.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back