Done / Completed Obi-Wan Kenobi Episode 1 TPM Resin Cast Stunt Lightsaber

Interested in a casting and aluminum rod

Possibly interested in paint once you get final price.

Just to clarify, when you say aluminum rod do you mean casting with the steel threaded rod, or are you referring to the aluminum blade?

Thanks for all the interest so far! I have updated the first post with a list as of this afternoon. For any "maybes" that were posted, I took my best guess. Please review your entries on the list to make sure I have accurately reflected your request.

Just to clarify, when you say aluminum rod do you mean casting with the steel threaded rod, or are you referring to the aluminum blade?
I want the raw resin cast with threaded rod.

Im also interested in the aluminum blade when it becomes available.

Oh no. I'm sorry but I misunderstood.

I thought the emitter bezel & washer were to make the flat emitter on the casting look like the hero.

I just want the plain, no rod, casting, so as you have me listed is correct.

Sorry for my confusion.

Oh no. I'm sorry but I misunderstood.

I thought the emitter bezel & washer were to make the flat emitter on the casting look like the hero.

I just want the plain, no rod, casting, so as you have me listed is correct.

Sorry for my confusion.

The metal emitter parts can be added to make the casting look like the "Metal Accented Detailed Resin Stunt" sabers shown in my research thread's first post: Obi-Wan Kenobi Episode 1 Resin Stunt Lightsaber Research

A flat/smooth emitter can also be achieved with an all resin saber without the threaded rod as you requested. All three variations (and more!) were used during filming so you can't go wrong!

UPDATE:
  1. Casting Status: We are good to go on the raw and painted resin castings, so I will update the thread from "Interest" to "Unlimited Run". "Unlimited" because I plan to offer raw unpainted castings for the foreseeable future. For those of you who have already signed up for a raw unpainted casting, I will be reaching out to you over the next week or so to confirm your interest and get payment/shipping details. For those of you who have signed up for a painted casting, I'm waiting on some more paint!
  2. Blade Status: I got a really good price on the threaded aluminum "cores" that will go in the blades, so even though there hasn't been a ton of interest in those I went ahead and ordered the parts. I also ordered enough aluminum tube to make 10 blades for those that have expressed interest so far. The tubes themselves are not that expensive, but the shipping adds up. I want to get a few built to prove out the process and determine final pricing. Since the raw materials are easy enough to obtain, I'm also thinking of offering an option to purchase a bare aluminum blade with the threaded core and set screws. That way people can either keep it bare like the behind the scenes practice blades, or they can paint it whatever color they want.
  3. Metal Emitter/Bezel: These are still up in the air. I'm not sure I necessarily want to be responsible for installing them, so I may end up ordering the parts and offering them as separate loose items with the raw castings. If that changes anyone's interest in the run let me know.

It will be a month or so before I have budget for it, but I’m interested in a pair of painted ones, one with the metal emitter and one with the threaded rod and a blade.

I wish quigon got as much love as obiwan. He’s always been one of my favorite characters along with like Revan and Starkiller lol.

It will be a month or so before I have budget for it, but I’m interested in a pair of painted ones, one with the metal emitter and one with the threaded rod and a blade.

I wish quigon got as much love as obiwan. He’s always been one of my favorite characters along with like Revan and Starkiller lol.

FIRST POST UPDATED:

AVAILABLE
:
  • Raw unpainted resin casting straight out of the mold with embedded threaded rod
    • First casting = $120 shipped in the contiguous United States (International shipping will have to be handled on a case-by-case basis)
    • Subsequent castings ordered at the same time = $100
    • Castings without embedded threaded rod can be made available upon request!
  • ADD-ON SERVICE: Full Cleanup and Painting Commission with Accurate Custom Ordered Spray Paints: $150 per saber
    • Price subject to change! This is a pretty time-consuming multi-stage process that adds up to more than a few hours of work per saber. Unfortunately, the only thing batching them together really saves me is having to shake the rattle cans less.
    • Can be finished as a featureless stunt saber upon request
COMING SOON:
(estimated availability mid to late September)
  • Painted Stunt Blade: Fluorescent Green Shrink Wrapped Aluminum Tube Stunt Blade: $100 + shipping
    • Features: Aluminum 36" long, 3/4" OD tube, custom machined threaded aluminum insert (to attach to saber), retention set screws, bright green fluorescent paint, and clear shrink wrap
    • Since these are oversize items, it is hard to accurately estimate shipping costs, should be $35 or less for a single blade shipped to most of the contiguous US
  • Unpainted Stunt Blade: $70 + shipping
    • Same aluminum tubing, custom threaded insert, and retention screws as above minus the painting and the shrink wrap
    • Note that bare aluminum tubing often comes with identification markings printed on the outside of the tube, this should be easily removable with sanding (or easily painted over)
    • Since these are oversize items, it is hard to accurately estimate shipping costs, should be $35 or less for a single blade shipped to most of the contiguous US

For anyone who may be interested in the stunt blades at a later date: Once this run of blades is complete I am thinking I might open up an Etsy store and offer them up indefinitely. Note that they will likely be at a higher price since I can't batch them together.

I meant to ask.

How long will the threaded rods be, and how far will they protrude from the emitter?

I'm no expert, so please forgive me, but I feel like I remember the originals having a longer protrusion....

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back