Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

Finally got the ankle bubble how I wanted it.

anklebubblev2.PNGbubblev2.PNG

How I ended up getting my ankle bubble like that:

Step 1. Sand the ankle bubble with 2000 grit sand paper.

Step 2. Clean off the dust with isopropyl alcohol (making sure there is a clean surface to bond)

Step 3. Brushed on Crystal Clear 200 resin. This stuff is kinda nasty btw...but it is completely UV resistant wont yellow and is 100% water clear. (I was using clear coat, but it just wasn't giving me the look I wanted. Crystal Clear 200 is a thicker resin which you can brush on thick, yet it is thin enough to self level so you don't get brush strokes ect.) Anything that puts on a thick clear coating will work. Nail polish, hobby store model clear, resin...although some things will work better then others of course.

Another pic from different angle
angle2.PNG

Last edited:
What are these like for wearing then ? Could I wear them to a convention for the day without worry ? I have the V2's and the lights gave up after ten minutes of wearing and dont feel like they are up to wearing for long periods of time.

WizardBTTF, will your new clear soles be blue tinted or stay clear? Because if they stay clear, then you can take the opportunity of having the soles off to paint the underside white to be more screen accurate.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back