Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

I saw this on Instagram. I guess there is a book that nike made congratulating themselves on how "successful" the MAG campaign went. I would like to see it but I guess they limited these to 50 copies. I'm sure that most of them were given to NIKE VIP's and execs. Another fine F YOU from Nike.

45A8FCD6-35B7-4C23-A21A-5F752E718EBD.png

I just wanted to say that I've managed to get a pair of Mags on TV!! It will air soon, and I'll share the video with you guys asap. I wore the RDs as it was indoors

Good job, look forward to seeing that. I wonder how many people outside of this forum would even recognize them?

Good job, look forward to seeing that. I wonder how many people outside of this forum would even recognize them?

Well every time I wear my V2's out, I get at least 2-3 people wanting to take photos of them. it has ranged from a 50 year old construction worker to a 17 year old girl.

Maybe it is just a different mind set in the US to Australia. People do wear hi-tops here but generally no-one really cares. Shoes like those horrid VANS seem popular with youth and maybe 1 in 20 people will be seen wearing hi-tops. Maybe they think it is an 80's thing and it should have stayed there. I've seen a few people wearing matching denim (jeans and jackets) which was most definitely an 80's thing that is resurfacing, maybe there is hope for hi-tops yet.

When I visited the US in 2010, my wife and I were stopped asked by randoms in shopping centres where we got our Jordans (retro 8s). Even when I walked around SuperNova a few weeks back in my MAGs, all the attention was on the Matel Hover Board. I am sure it would be different if I get the lights working :$

Most times I wear my V2s, someone notices them. It doesn't happen every time, but often enough to make me smile. A few years ago I saw a 'doc brown' .... umm impersonator doesn't seem quite the right word, but, whatever. He had a DeLorian done up like 'THE' DeLorian, and by total coincidence I had my silver v1s on that day. That was a cool day.

DragonGalvy, given your in Melbourne (food/fashion capital?) what is your take on the hi-tops thing?

Last time I was down there I was wearing a pair Jordans and few people that attended the GTG I was speaking at made comment that they didn't expect me (I was 39 at the time) to be wearing 'kicks". They got past it pretty quick and moved on once I said I like them.

The way I see it, we don't stop playing because we get older, we get older because we stop playing and why I will wear MAGs at 42.

We have a fully kitted De-Lorean in Brisbane too. Belongs to RPF member sleepless.

Looks like customs have seized my V2's that I ordered a couple of weeks ago. I just recieived this email.

Mail - Lost / Missing package - UK Customs and Border Protection
Royal Mail has detained your package for some reason (for example, lack of a proper invoice, bill of sale, or other documentation, a possible trademark violation, or if the package requires a formal entry) the RM International Mail Branch holding it will notify you of the reason for detention (in writing) and how you can get it released.

Please fulfil the documents attached.

At first I thought it was a spam email but all the links at the bottom of the page work and take you to the Royal Mail site. I took a chance and downloaded the document but it just comes up blank so I'm not sure. Looks like no MAGS for me : (

Nonetheless it looks like a spoof to me. How did they get your e-mail-contact, are you addressed correctly by your name and postal address and is it the right tracking-ID? What does the long, detailed e-mail-header say where it came from? Any phone number you can track back on official sites and verify to call in this mail? Otherwise just call the customs office and ask if this is a scam. Over here in Germany they send you a snail mail letter from the postal services with the nearest customs address to show up and legitimate yourself in person within 10 days and bring the missing papers like an invoice, eBay-print or Paypal-statements or whatever. Always.

Looks like customs have seized my V2's that I ordered a couple of weeks ago. I just recieived this email.

Royal Mail has detained your package for some reason (for example, lack of a proper invoice, bill of sale, or other documentation, a possible trademark violation, or if the package requires a formal entry) the RM International Mail Branch holding it will notify you of the reason for detention (in writing) and how you can get it released.

At first I thought it was a spam email but all the links at the bottom of the page work and take you to the Royal Mail site. I took a chance and downloaded the document but it just comes up blank so I'm not sure. Looks like no MAGS for me : (

well, there seems to still be a lot of people in Melbourne who like basketball shoes - I was on the train once in my white Jordan 8 'bugs bunnys' and someone else with Jordan 5's (he was tall and black) said "hey nice J's" and had a good conversation about how us white guys liked Michael Jordan in the 90's too, haha. There's a disproportionate number of people with Converse denim shoes here (which, by the way are horrendously uncomfortable compared to Jordan 8's except you'd probably know the 8's get too hot in summer)

DragonGalvy, given your in Melbourne (food/fashion capital?) what is your take on the hi-tops thing?

Last time I was down there I was wearing a pair Jordans and few people that attended the GTG I was speaking at made comment that they didn't expect me (I was 39 at the time) to be wearing 'kicks". They got past it pretty quick and moved on once I said I like them.

The way I see it, we don't stop playing because we get older, we get older because we stop playing and why I will wear MAGs at 42.

We have a fully kitted De-Lorean in Brisbane too. Belongs to RPF member sleepless.

you should check your EMS tracking number via trackingkit.com and parcelforce.com

that should tell you whether its seized or not. if its seized, it will say "delivered" and to a Coventry postcode.

As far as i know, Royal Mail never send emails to tell you about your parcel's seizure or anything. How would they know your email?

That email is probably a spoof.

Get your EMS tracking number and find out from that.

you should check your EMS tracking number via trackingkit.com and parcelforce.com

that should tell you whether its seized or not. if its seized, it will say "delivered" and to a Coventry postcode.

As far as i know, Royal Mail never send emails to tell you about your parcel's seizure or anything. How would they know your email?

That email is probably a spoof.

Get your EMS tracking number and find out from that.

Thanks buddy. It looks like it must be spam. I didn't know whether Karin put my email address on the package or something like that and that's how they got it. The status has changed now to 'at national hub' so that sounds promicing. Bloody spam :angry

- - - Updated - - -

Nonetheless it looks like a spoof to me. How did they get your e-mail-contact, are you addressed correctly by your name and postal address and is it the right tracking-ID? What does the long, detailed e-mail-header say where it came from? Any phone number you can track back on official sites and verify to call in this mail? Otherwise just call the customs office and ask if this is a scam. Over here in Germany they send you a snail mail letter from the postal services with the nearest customs address to show up and legitimate yourself in person within 10 days and bring the missing papers like an invoice, eBay-print or Paypal-statements or whatever. Always.

Thank you mac. Yeah I think its spam. I have reported it to Royal Mail.

My MAGS came today :D. The lights work on one of them but not on the other. I have to get an adapter for the charger so I can't check just yet to see if its just a case of it needing charging. Did anyone else receive their MAGS with one charged and one not?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back