Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

Great thread!! I am new to the forum, and have read the whole thread over the last few days. I want a pair of replicas so bad now. Anyone had recent experience buying from Karin Chen? China Koko now says unavailable. Any issues getting them into the UK? Many thanks for any replies on this.

Great thread!! I am new to the forum, and have read the whole thread over the last few days. I want a pair of replicas so bad now. Anyone had recent experience buying from Karin Chen? China Koko now says unavailable. Any issues getting them into the UK? Many thanks for any replies on this.

Welcome! There's still quite a few of us original Mag modders kicking around here, but to be honest there's a new raf of modders that have taken it to the next level now. I won't list names as I guarantee I'll forget someone ;-)

I haven't had any issues with two pairs coming to the UK, both within 7 days, and you get a 15quid import tax charge as Karin declares them as a $100 gift. A few people have had them seized by customs so it IS a risk, but even if you have to buy three to get one though, it's worth the risk as they are awesome. There's also a really sound guy in the UK who mods them. I'm sure he'll be along soon to reply if he wants to be known ;-)

Anyone from the UK ordered and had problems with customs?

Many thanks

so far i haven't.

but it depends on the seller how they are packaging it and putting the value on.

Some of the sellers on aliexpress are not packaging the shoes well. Also it seems EMS is more likely to be seized these days.

Welcome! There's still quite a few of us original Mag modders kicking around here, but to be honest there's a new raf of modders that have taken it to the next level now. I won't list names as I guarantee I'll forget someone ;-)

I haven't had any issues with two pairs coming to the UK, both within 7 days, and you get a 15quid import tax charge as Karin declares them as a $100 gift. A few people have had them seized by customs so it IS a risk, but even if you have to buy three to get one though, it's worth the risk as they are awesome. There's also a really sound guy in the UK who mods them. I'm sure he'll be along soon to reply if he wants to be known ;-)

Thanks for the reply lukebrynycz, i think i will go for a pair early next month, after pay day :) I have seen and read some of the posts on modding them, they look awesome!!

DragonGalvy, how did you pay? I click on their Paypal icon and this pops up, idk why they even have it as an option if they don't accept it. Kinda sucks cuz I want a pair and it seems there's no way I can get one directly from the sites :unsure

"Payment Info as follows: Thanks for you purchase from us,We are sorry that we don't accept paypal,Please contact us for email at:hengfasport@hotmail.com get other paym ent to pay,Thanks for your comprehension and excuse me for the inconvenience."

I paid via Western Union, that's always worked out despite the fee they put on.

(edit: on checking today, I get a chinese language displaying which may be an error message. Sometimes these replica sites get attacked by people against fakes or something, but then again, it may just be a PC problem on their end, but that site's been good for many months, and had always shipped orders previously.)

Last edited:
Really? I wouldn't be paying by that method because there is no come back if they take the money and run. These sites do offer paypal and buyer protection, so why would you not use it?

Got the MP, one pair untouched and later a second one modified w/ the Pitbull light conversion back in 2011. I think I will give these a shot, too, just to wear them occasionally :D Thanks for the tons of reviews here, too bad there is no V3 by now.

I don't know, we had some health issues in our family and I was not here very often. Just found out about these V2 some weeks ago, I am sorry.
Saw the discussions in this thread already began in spring concerning lights and thinking about the possibility of a fixed V3 (see headline here).

When did the iPad 4 came out after the "new" iPad 3? Only 6 months, if I am right, instead of "normally" 1 year, due to the LTE issue (?)
We waited for so long to receive the MP. And then the awesome mods for the lights. They are absolutely great! Have them right here.
So I am very happy with them, just curious. Actually the V3 may also be only a more or less small lighting update compared to MP to V2.... if they will come at all, anyway

Last edited:
Mine have held up fine. I ended up selling my size 11's and have been wearing my size 10's. I also learned not to solder the on off button wires too far down. When you slip the shoes on it tends to snap the solder if you put to much pressure on the wires. Now I solder them close to the top of the collar.

Apart from that split I posted about (now repaired), my shoes are also holding up quite well given they are made of cloth over foam. There is no visible wear on the clear soles. Those V1s were practically smooth in the same time frame with the same amount of wear.

cool, good to hear. Mine aren't wearing down much either even though I don't get opportunities to wear them that much.
So far, I've been lucky enough to only lose one green LED on the left shoe of the wear pair, though I did reinforce the switch and USB plug with a little hot-melt glue when the shoes were new.
Pity the midsoles yellow so much, there's a HUGE difference between the always-boxed ones and the wear pair in midsole yellowness, though random people still say 'are they the back to the future shoes?' which is cool. Still haven't found just the right colour of fabric paint to repaint the midsoles.

Both the clear soles and the midsoles have yellowed on my wear pair. I wasn't really aware how much until I placed them side by side with the display pair.

The hot glue idea seems like a good idea. A bit late now as both the switch and the charge port wires broke off. Won't help my display pair either given the way the one battery seems to have died. I will rip these down once I sort the new clear soles.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back