Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

Quick question....how long should the aliexpress mags stay lit? Just got my pair this week and the left shoe (blue light) only stays lit for about 3 minutes. It is bright when plugged in but immediately dim after being unplugged. The other shoe might last an hour before the blue goes dark. Don't know if it is something to complain to the seller or just mod them to light better? Thanks

Quick question....how long should the aliexpress mags stay lit? Just got my pair this week and the left shoe (blue light) only stays lit for about 3 minutes. It is bright when plugged in but immediately dim after being unplugged. The other shoe might last an hour before the blue goes dark. Don't know if it is something to complain to the seller or just mod them to light better? Thanks

check if they are fully charged
they might need a full charge

or they may just be dying. you can't tell with the electronics that they come with. its very shoddy.

I figured they would die eventually, just not right when I got them! I guess since they still light while plugged in they can be prop shoes... I will let everyone know if the seller surprises me with a refund/replacement! Thanks!

you might find it's a faulty battery, and be able to replace....
they're fine during the day, no-one would see the lights on or off then anyway.

you can't replace the battery that comes with the shoes
its a rechargeable coin cell soldered to a custom PCB which is then glued and encased in solid plastic.

you either rip them out and put new wiring in, or simply leave as they are if you are happy with them as they come.

UPDATE: Going nowhere quickly with the seller... he just keeps asking if I have charged them. I'm not a complete idiot, but plugging the USB end into the shoes whilst the other end is in an electrical outlet is how the shoes are charged, correct? :)

Has anyone had luck using the "Buyer Protection" within Aliexpress? Says they will step in and negotiate on my behalf. Just frustrated one shoe doesn't work for poop. And it's just the blue that goes dim, the 3 colored lights stay lit.

Buyers protection won't work here. The buyers protection is about you not receiving a pair of shoes - which you did. The fact that the lights no longer work is not going to be covered by these guys. They don't care.

When I got my first pair, I could not fault them. Even the laces looks flatter than usual. After two days, one LED on the left went out. Within 12 hours the right shoe stopped working altogether. The left shoe would then turn on randomly just by walking around. Today neither work.

When I ordered the 2nd pair, one LED was out on the left shoe and I have not had success with getting them to light up either and I have never even worn that pair. As airair and others have said, the whole electrics is dodgy to say the least.

Where does one by algenate (spelling?) from?

Anyone who buys these expecting the lights to work at all is just asking for a headache. The electronics in these are SO BAD. Just take the leap and mod them :)

LMAO :lol "The Mod Father" :lol
Perfect name for Brad!!!!!!

:)

TheModfather.png

Seller offered $40 refund. I bought one of those 'lipstick' sized battery pack USB chargers and they supply enough energy to keep the shoe lit and keep me portable. It'll do for Halloween and then I will look into modding! Thanks for the feedback!

Stupid question:

I got my V2 Mags back in March and ever since, I've kept them stock (mod free). The lights were giving me trouble a couple months after, so I decided to let both batteries drain altogether.

Now that Halloween is coming up, I wanted to rock out 2015 McFly style and decided to give the lights one more try. After a few minutes of them being plugged in, I went to pick up the right shoe and both mini USB plug and wired button just fell out of the hole.

...I don't have to worry about any wires left inside the shoe accidentally making contact or anything, do I? Like I said, stupid question... I'm pretty sure the batteries are dead at this point, but I just don't want to run into any surprises.

For those with battery problems - I picked up a couple of these portable USB batteries (any brand will do). Amazon.com: Yubi Power YP250AG 2500mAh Ultra Compact Lipstick Size Portable Power Bank Backup External Battery Charger for iPhones, Samsung Galaxy, Motorola, LG, Nokia, Blackberry, Nokia and various other smartphones- (Gold): Cell Phones & Accessorie
I ordered a large enough shoe that it fits along the back heel (standing up). Since my shoes only stay lit while charging, this acts as a portable charger so I can wear them around and keep the lights on!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back