Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

I painted a clear paint onto the heel bubble as it's not a flexible part. I sprayed the clear into the can's lid, then applied it to the ankle bubble while the shoe was lying on its side. Turned out well. But it dries quickly, so you have to hurry and be careful at the same time! Try it on some other plastics first before working on the V3's to make sure you know how the paint behaves - you don't want it to leave drip marks!
Wouldn't be able to do this with cloudy air bubbles on my older Nikes, as I doubt that clear spraypaint is flexible and may actually damage the air bubble, causing it to burst.
Did you apply it with a brush? That's cool that it works and is probably more permanent than what I had in mind. If you put a hair dryer to those old air bubble units then it'll clear them right up, although the results are pretty temporary though from what I've heard. I was simply curious if this would work on the bubble of the V3 Mags. I'm leaning towards not but I'd try it if I could

hey, your lights have differents colours (i guess it is the white balance problem)

True, the pictures are enhanced a bit because the originals looked like the lights weren't even on ;) there was too much light.
Also hard to get the right pic when made by someone else LOL

Screenshot_20161024-164036.png I asked about the V2.1s and requested pictures and was given this image. The seller very clearly answered my question and I was delighted to hear this response... I quickly then realized that I think I was given an image of the V2s seeing as the shoes have no toe slim and a "workboot" sort of look. Let me know if I'm right or wrong. Also, I am recently feeling compelled to start a mag collection... Is the V2.1 a good place to start. Much appreciated, Thanks!

Welcome to the forum! You should go as true to size as possible with the Nike Mags. The friction caused by loose shoes often causes the wires to fray or get damaged, and eventually will cause the lights to go out. I'm typically a 9-9.5, I got a 9.5 and in about 3 weeks of casual wear, one shoe went out on my completely and the other's battery went dead. Because of the stretchy material, I'd highly recommend a really snug fit. This should make them last a lot longer as there won't be too much moving around when you're walking.

Modding is definitely very possible. @jjdelp currently sells the conversion kits for the LED bubbles for 70 a pair. He also does the modding for you at a different price if you're not willing to mod it yourself.

The foggyness on the bubble can easily be helped by applying a clear coat. I would highly suggest getting a matte clear coat to maintain a bit of foggyness and not have too much of a sheen to the LED bubble, however I liked the clarity and gloss coat that I used with some nail polish acrylic.

Another way (I havent quite tried this yet) to mediate the LED bulb issue in pictures as well as videos is to disassemble one of the RED leds (making one less for the bottom). The RED led should show up less on the video and should make it a lot clearer to see in photos and video.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks for the response! Just a few more question if possible, im new to this. You mention a conversion kit that jjdelp offers. What exactly is that is lame terms? What does it do for the shoes? Also about the foggyness on the bubble; do you mean by "painting" over the bubble or is it something else? I confused someone since I read some people are sanding the bubble clear then painting it. Does anyone offer any services that n getting that done? Thanks again for the help

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the response! Just a few more question if possible, im new to this. You mention a conversion kit that @jjdelp offers. What exactly is that is lame terms? What does it do for the shoes? Also about the foggyness on the bubble; do you mean by "painting" over the bubble or is it something else? I confused someone since I read some people are sanding the bubble clear then painting it. Does anyone offer any services that n getting that done? Thanks again for the help

I painted directly on it, but to get a smooth coat, you should do a light sanding for better adhesion. The conversion kit that jjdelp offers features a new LED lightboard that you would have to install yourself. He can do it for you for a price as well.

View attachment 676447 I asked about the V2.1s and requested pictures and was given this image. The seller very clearly answered my question and I was delighted to hear this response... I quickly then realized that I think I was given an image of the V2s seeing as the shoes have no toe slim and a "workboot" sort of look. Let me know if I'm right or wrong. Also, I am recently feeling compelled to start a mag collection... Is the V2.1 a good place to start. Much appreciated, Thanks!

Not being the seller, I cannot say why they would send you that.

Ok guys. The people over at Swanflight just sent me their Nike Mag Plutonium Case. This is customs made just for the Mags. It will fit all sizes and even has the perfect cutout for the charger box. I and SO impressed with this. It will be up for sale shortly so stay tuned.

IMG_4662.JPGIMG_4671.JPGIMG_4672.JPGIMG_4673.JPGIMG_4674.JPGIMG_4677.JPGIMG_4679.JPGIMG_4684.JPGIMG_4683.JPGIMG_4680.JPGIMG_4687.JPG

Ok guys. The people over at Swanflight just sent me their Nike Mag Plutonium Case. This is customs made just for the Mags. It will fit all sizes and even has the perfect cutout for the charger box. I and SO impressed with this. It will be up for sale shortly so stay tuned.

View attachment 676491View attachment 676492View attachment 676493View attachment 676494View attachment 676495View attachment 676496View attachment 676497View attachment 676500View attachment 676499View attachment 676498View attachment 676501
Do you know how much this will cost?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back