Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

Ok my pair just landed , Amazed at the speed of delivery ( 2 days to the UK ) , DHL mucked things up once they where here so it took a little longer to actually get them but thats UK post for you.

Batteries are flat out the box so they are plugged in charging up now , couple things I noticed straight out the box -

Dont worry about the yellow soles in QC to much , Mine looked yellow but in person are fine.

The back heel white piece has glue all around the edge on the fabric , few casting marks as well but no big deal - Whats your pairs like here ?

I had asked in QC about the laces being wonky on one shoe and was told they where straight , Of course on arrival guess what...there not. Quite disappointed about this having asked and told they where ok.

There is some debris in the rubber soles , now I have looked back it was in the QC. only minor again but worth noting.

The cutout area around the "NIKE" light up panel is a bit bunched up , I noticed this in the QC but hoped it wasn't as bad in person however you can notice it.

The box - Arrived with the edges knocked in from shipping and one side slightly folded in, It was covered in glue marks and dots of smeared glue but most of it wiped off with a damp cloth.

Most of this is nothing really but when put together and especially the wonky laces it took the shine off things a bit when unboxing after the long anticipated wait.

Hopefully when the lights are charged up and I can wear them it will cheer me up a bit.

Last edited:
I actually have some glow in the dark powder which is a VERY close match to the actual EL panels on these V3's (see pic) Its strontium aluminate based powder, which is some of the best I've found (and unfortunately the most expensive Ive found too lol) The initial brightness is brighter than EL panels, but that doesn't last for more then a few minutes...and its downhill from there. However, this stuff will glow dull all night long. I bought it to do a custom pair of V3s hopefully, I want to do the soles completely glow in the dark like yeezys are lol. Wouldn't have to worry about glow in the dark domes breaking though...would be nice haha.

So you are replicating the entire soles ? If yes, I'd be interested by these ;) PM me

So you are replicating the entire soles ? If yes, I'd be interested by these ;) PM me

Just the clear sections of the soles. I am wanting to do the entire clear sections glow in the dark. I am still practicing with shoe paints, new to it...but hopefully will end up similar to the ones below.

yeezymag2.png

Just the clear sections of the soles. I am wanting to do the entire clear sections glow in the dark. I am still practicing with shoe paints, new to it...but hopefully will end up similar to the ones below.

View attachment 671638

ok, but if you do make a sole... ;)
I'll transform my Yeezee 2 photoshop in black if you want later ;)
I might do a pair like this for real too, but no GITD as I don't have what it takes to make these soles and lights - Or without lights maybe...

Ok my pair just landed , Amazed at the speed of delivery ( 2 days to the UK ) , DHL mucked things up once they where here so it took a little longer to actually get them but thats UK post for you.

Batteries are flat out the box so they are plugged in charging up now , couple things I noticed straight out the box -

Dont worry about the yellow soles in QC to much , Mine looked yellow but in person are fine.

The back heel white piece has glue all around the edge on the fabric , few casting marks as well but no big deal - Whats your pairs like here ?

I had asked in QC about the laces being wonky on one shoe and was told they where straight , Of course on arrival guess what...there not. Quite disappointed about this having asked and told they where ok.

There is some debris in the rubber soles , now I have looked back it was in the QC. only minor again but worth noting.

The cutout area around the "NIKE" light up panel is a bit bunched up , I noticed this in the QC but hoped it wasn't as bad in person however you can notice it.

The box - Arrived with the edges knocked in from shipping and one side slightly folded in, It was covered in glue marks and dots of smeared glue but most of it wiped off with a damp cloth.

Most of this is nothing really but when put together and especially the wonky laces it took the shine off things a bit when unboxing after the long anticipated wait.

Hopefully when the lights are charged up and I can wear them it will cheer me up a bit.

[url]http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/delux1234/IMG_20161011_183844_HDR_zpssfllvnwu.jpg[/URL]

[url]http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/delux1234/IMG_20161011_183940_HDR_zpsbpupt45y.jpg[/URL]

Hey, I'm in uk too and paid for a pair last Tuesday, still not had any QC pics yet. How long did it take you to receive yours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys i need some advice. is it just me or are the EL pannels very dim on this pair ?

View attachment 671493

The EL is on here, but there is also a heap of light, so it iw washing out the illumination of the panel. EL is nor bright. I will suggest it was chosen in the film shoes because it provides a uniform brightness, unlike LEDs which hot spot.

View attachment 671638
Just be careful casting a full GITD sole. I noticed the rubber became slightly brittle in a few of the parts I did. Coating the inside would not cause as issue to the durability and could even be painted on after.

Guys i need some advice. is it just me or are the EL pannels very dim on this pair ?

View attachment 671493

On most pictures of V3's with the lights turned on, the LEDs look totally washed out and too bright. Since there is so much ambient room light in this pic, the camera used a faster shutter speed which actually makes the LEDs look correct, but the EL look too dim. There's probably nothing wrong with the EL.

Would anybody be interested in a pair of V2s heavily modified? Done by AirAir, worn many times at comic cons. Bullet proof as chunky wire has been used, complimented with hot glue. EL panels don't break as I have added cavxs brilliant clear soles which are flat and don't press against the EL panels. They're very clean, size 8.5 US.

View attachment 671638

Good luck! Maybe just the side panel?
There are some replica Jordans that supposedly have full GITD sole. I keep thinking about buying them and wondering how crap they will feel compared to the real ones....
http://nikeplaza.ru/views.asp?hw_id=285696&sort_id=156&nsort_id=687

Good luck! Maybe just the side panel?
There are some replica Jordans that supposedly have full GITD sole. I keep thinking about buying them and wondering how crap they will feel compared to the real ones....
http://nikeplaza.ru/views.asp?hw_id=285696&sort_id=156&nsort_id=687

I've seen the shoes with a full GITD sole and they are not very bright at all. In fact they only glow a dull green. Kind of like when the cyan Glow kits I make are at their end of charge. Maybe this done on purpose because adding the glow powder changes the properties of the rubber, but it is not impressive.

Rebeca said they'd ship yesterday. It would be awesome if they did already.

"hello, thanks for your reply, we will ship the package out now, and our guys in the shipping department will email you the tracking number in 2-4 days."

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back