Re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

Hello. I got into props when I built a Ghostbusters proton pack for Halloween a few years ago. I've been interested in props (mostly for Halloween) for several years. Prop building has always been interesting, and, as an electrical engineer, I like the challenge of building physical stuff. I finally joined here because I'm trying to pull off the Kevin Flynn robed costume from Tron: Legacy or the costume from the CW's Arrow. My foci are:

Doctor Who
Ghostbusters
Back to the Future
CW's Arrow

Salut from Cincinnati, OH! The name's Jessica Hoffman and i've been an admirer of pretty much anything that has to do with props, costumes and animatronics since I saw a segment on a talk show regarding the giant spiders of "Jumanji" back in the 90's. Though I haven't had the guts to even ATTEMPT to recreate any of those things up until now lol.

I've been exposed to this site before while doing some searching on how to recreate armors and working with high density foam and the information that i've gained from the forums has helped out greatly in building up the confidence to tackle on something as daunting as this.

Everything's pretty much only been drawn and dreamed about up until now, so any info you could give to this newbie would be greatly appreciated!

Hi, I'm a costume maker for theatre who has just decided that making happy, happy, joy, joy costumes for musicals etc is all well & good but it's about time to make costumes that I want to wear & find cool as ****! I made Harley Quinn from Arkham Asylum a year back & it re-sparked my interest. Into making comic book & video game replica costumes too. Next projects are Deadpool for my husband (proper Deadpool with muscle suit) & Zam Wessel for myself. Gonna need a lot of help & advice on Zam's armour & bits as costume is my thing not props but I'll give it a go...

Hey Guys!
Im new to the this forum. My name is Kirk. I run a resin casting and mold making shop. I got introduced to movie prop replicas and costuming last year. Hope two be posting two of my new buildups here soon.

Hey guys, I'm Alan. I'm relatively new to the cosplay community, I only have a Blu Spy to my name. I'm about 80% done with a Riddler though, so that'll be at Dragon Con 2013. I have a lot of ideas and not a lot of experience, so this website will be a lot of help.

Hi, my name is Denzil and I live in Austin Texas. I build custom lightsabers and other Star Wars props as a distraction / hobby from full-time job as a Software Engineer.

Glad to be here...

Hi, new to the forum! I've been looking at all awesome work by all the talented people and thought I'd try my hand at prop making, i'm building my first iron man helmet from pepakura files at the moment!

Hi,

my name is Kamil and I'm from Germany.

I found this forum after a friend of mine told me, he wants to build an Iron Man helmet out of paper. I thought maybe there is another way. So I asked Google and found Stealth's videos and then I wanted to know more about it. And with every use of Google I found this place.

In May I started to build my own Iron Man Mark 6 suit.

View attachment 209628

I hope to find more help, feedback and new projects.

Hello!
My name is Gina, I'm from Virginia USA.
I'm a member of the 50st, TCF and Blackstar groups. I have a Stormtrooper, Star Wars officer and a Battlestar Galactica Colonial Warrior costume currently. I know I have a lot of friends that are already on these forums and I have been dragging my feet about getting on here. At the moment I am looking into doing a Pacific Rim Jeager Pilot costume. Anyone already starting in on these?

Hey,

My name is Derek, I Recently started performing circus arts and quickly learned that I would be needing to make my own costumes. So I switched majors and am in my second quarter of Fashion design at the Art Institute of Seattle. I figured superhero/movie inspired costumes are the way to go with my style of performing arts. Which is how I found this site. The craftsmanship and attention to detail on this site are incredible.

A little about me,
I reside in Seattle wa.
I spent 8 years in the Army.
Worked in Hawaii as a professional underwater photographer ( I do terrestrial photography pretty well too :p )
Currently I perform, Cyr wheel, trampoline, and tumbling.

Looking forward to learning more about this trade and seeing what everyone here accomplishes

hi all! From Hong Kong.
Started of with a Storm trooper armour, then found my way on to here.

Looking at TDK and ironman for the future.
Hopefully one day I can make a Ironman suit for my son

Hi all,

My name is Simon and I'm from all the way down in Western Australia.

Its a bit of a crazy story of how I got here. Its actually all started with me changing jobs. Left the airlines to go working on vintage aircraft (something I always loved). In the new hangar was a picture on the wall of the Rocketeer movie poster. It jogged my memory of the movie which I hadn't seen since I was a small kid. On a whim I bought the movie and watched it again and just fell in love with the costume, the planes, the whole thing. The styling and design ideas are very reminiscent of the machines I'm working on and I decided that I really wanted an outfit of my own. Much googling and research led me to the numerous builds that are posted within this forum. And so here I am, a born-again finhead.

Its my first serious attempt at something like this, so I'll be asking for a lot of guidance along the way. Just hope my years of kitbashing model aircraft will help out.

Hi all,
Im Scott from Victoria in Australia.

Found this when browsing on making a sliders timer prop/replica, and been visiting ever since. Big fan of sci-fi and props from these kinds of movies. Been reading a lot of material here and is very helpful. Hope i can one day be as helpful to all members who are apart of RPF.
Thanks

Morning everyone,

Name's Anis, I'm in Alberta, Canada. I've been making movie props for small indie films for a bit and I'm kind of a handyman around my place. I've got a degree in industrial design and I love getting my hands dirty. I really just wanted to connect wi others, get some tips and tricks to up my level and maybe help some others out.

Hi everyone! I am very new to this world but I'm loving it so far. I began doing this because my 4 year old little girl wanted nothing for her Birthday except for Batman to be there. After looking at local folks who provided these services, I realized that they were expensive and pretty lame looking, for the most part. I decided to suit up myself. It's been a regular thing since then. I currently almost have my second Bat complete. I do tons of charity work, Birthday parties and events. Anyway, it's nice to be here and hopefully I'll learn a few things. I am an artist by trade and am truly blown away by some of the artistry I've seen here.

Hola gente soy wilson y nuevo en esto por casualidad mi doctor me dijo entretenerme con algo y encontre esto me relaja mis nervios jajajja que locura
esta bueno y entretenido empesare hacer casco de iron man .
saludos desde Argentina Buenos Aires.
DSC01314.jpg

Greetings all, I'm Rbotguy. I hope I'm not stepping on Robotguy's toes, but the name hadn't been used in a couple of years and I really like the nick:

Believe it or not, I build robots both professionally and as a hobby. Unfortunately, my hobby robots look like cr@!. See Robots by Jeff - at robotguy.net for proof. I've been perusing the these forums for a while trying to learn as much as possible, particularly from the scratch-build and painting threads. Over the years a few of my 'bots, though still dismal, were a bit better than others:

But I'm really looking to step up my game. Would it be ok to start a thread in the General Modeling subgroup looking for advice and criticism on my current build, even though it's not movie related?

Hi everyone!

My name is A.J., but you can call me Avenger! I'm an inventor and artist. I love movies and I love to create fantasy items. The more outrageous the request the better. I've been researching and building Exoskeletons for about 8 years now, taking up different hobbies to fund research. I want to make Exoskeletons for search and rescue. I started with Air Cannons, and of course looked to movies to inspire my designs. I used proceeds to buy materials and do some tinkering. I make the fake stuff, to fund the real stuff!! I've gotten very interested in making Iron Man armor and I'm excited to try and take in all the different methods and materials used in doing that. So thank you in advance for your patience!!

TheAegisAvenger.jpg

I'm absolutely blown away by the talent and attention to detail that is shown on this site. I feel very privileged to be a new member and be able to watch projects and learn here. There are so many awesome pictures and projects, I could spend all day on here!

'ello Prop-ians. This is a great, informative site. I've been a classic horror/science fiction film fan since about 4th grade and have always taken any opportunity to wear a costume. I build props from time to time to augment a costume, and I love dioramas. Here's a Steampunk/Weird West power pack (and modded pistol) I built for trips to the The Great Handcar Regatta in San Rafael, CA. As you can see when the knife-switch is thrown the bulb does light up. I've been wanting to find a way to add sound. Any ideas?
pack&gunlit.JPG
6190077727_97305dd3de_o.jpg

Francis

Attachments

• pack&gunlitsmall.jpg
    pack&gunlitsmall.jpg
    489 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back