Re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

Hello,
I'm new to prop-building and costuming. I'm currently preparing to start building an Royal Guard and an Republic Commando in order to join the 501st Legion.
I found out about this place from watching Adam Savages videos with the tested.com boys. Looking forward to expanding my somewhat limited skill-set.
Cheers,
Owl2596

Hi my name is Daniel, I have built a few prop replicas and designed some of my own as well. I recently finished a Ghostbusters Ghost Trap and posted that to thingiverse for others to share. Currently I am modeling an Iona shoe polisher that I have on loan from RobTFirefly a fellow GB fan.
I found out about this forum while reading an article at tested.com about the Han Solo blaster and it seemed to me that this place would be filled out like-minded people so here I am!

Hello to everyone. My cousin who is a member of this site just informed me of this site. I am amazed at the talent in this world and am grateful to find a website like this. I look forward to searching this site and seeing all the new things and hopefully one day ill be able to build something myself and have it be worthy enough to post on here. Anyways i look forward to everything on here.

Hello all! My name is Kim, I'm 28, and from the US. I'm new to collecting! As my user name denotes, I am here for Dark Knight trilogy items! My spouse is a big Star Wars and Jurassic Park fan so I am sure that I will wander into those things as well :)

I stumbled across the site while trying to track down some screen used props. Everything I searched seemed to lead me back here! I have a few screen used items already, but now I'm hoping to acquire more, add some killer replicas (hopefully with the help of some of the great talent here), and find some incredible ways to display things! I don't build or create items... yet.... But you all are certainly inspiring me to! Happy to be on board and excited to get to know you all!

HI! I'm Ebrader. I'm really new to the Prop making- world but it's something that's always intrigued me. For my first project i'm making 1/2 of a 9/10 scale Tennant style TARDIS. ( which im actually looking for some suggestions on weathering on so if you've got an idea, hit me up!)

Hello!

I've just gotten started with the replica hobby and so far I've only done simple woodwork and laminated paper cards.
I'm looking forward to posting my future projects here and get some solid feedback so that I, one day, can do the same to new members.

Cheers!

Hello everyone, I have always enjoyed this site and thought I should say hello.

As for me, I am a professional makeup artist, prop maker, writer and filmmaker. It was a long hard journey to be able to say that, but the sacrifices are worth it.

I hope to learn, share, and become a better artist and help inspire others to do the same...

thanks...

Hello!!

New dude from the Netherlands.
25 years old and a bit of a IT geek.

See you peeps arround!

I'm Aaron from New Jersey.... I'm always looking for pdo files to do.... If anyone can helpin looking for the JasonX mask and Jim Carey's riddler cane file....

hello i am tyler nice to join iv got some new projects and my main one i need help was wondering if any one has pdf's, or high res pics of money, posters , stickers ,guns from firefly and serenity pm plz if you do this project is for my friends birthday

Hey all, I'm Keith. Working on a few projects already (K.I.T.T. light bar and alarm system, Captain america Shield and hopes of a Spider-Man suit in the coming months) and just looking for a great community and some ideas.

Hi I'm Sean I don't do much and as such have a lot of free time to do things like make costumes. Beyond that I love Iron man a lot as well as really bad jokes, some are so bad you can smell them. They're Pun-gent jokes. Either way I look forward to talking with any/all of you and helping out where I can if I can. I am new so I probably won't be able to help now, but eventually I will.

Hello my name is Jerry, I am relatively new to all of this but learn very quickly. I stumbled across this site searching for Halloween ideas. My favorite holiday. Read some posts and was instantly hooked. I look forward to learning and seeing everyone's amazing creations.

Hi Everyone. Chris from Florida here. Came across the site when looking for a way to build a wearable ARC reactor for Tampacon. Find myself wanting to start some other things with all the great ideas here. Looking forward to working on a brand new collection!

Hey, I'm new to the site as a member, but I have come over a few times to look at reference photos. I built my first prop earlier this year with an ATA stormtrooper helmet that we received as a wedding gift. I have recently purchased 3 body styles of toy DL-44 blasters to repaint and weather in an attempt to learn how.

My first big purchase has not yet arrived, but I recently got the chance to get a PKD blaster. I bought the toy that mimics it as well as a test platform for paint colors and modification tests. I hope to have both done soon.

I am just getting started, but having a blast so far. I want to learn how to wire LEDs and soundboards.

Hello all,
I am new to both forums and building props. I am a former mechanic turned tech guy and have always liked working with my hands. this year i helped a buddy out with some costume work for comi-con and I am absolutely hooked! i have been scouring sites to look for info for some replicas I want to make and I kept hearing about RPF. always a little skeptical about forums b/c most people don't contribute but i saw Adam Savage mention it in a tested video and I thought lets give it a try. I hope I can help out and I will be requesting info soon LOL.

Hey, I'm Paul.
I can't even remember why I joined, but it was for some specific info (I can't remember whether I even found it).
I came back to help sort out my Han Solo outfit for Manchester Comic Con on Saturday, if it's even possible.

I make a lot of stuff out of cardboard, usually bodge jobs that don't stand up to too much scrutiny. For a play last month I built a stunt frying pan and a compass. the morning of the play!

Hi all. I've messed about on this website for a while now but have finally joined. I got into props after I created a Ghostbusters Proton Pack for a Halloween party. I downloaded a guide how to make it and came away with a pretty good replica although I have seen some pretty impressive Proton Packs that put mine to shame. Since then I've got the bug collecting various props. My main interests are;

James Bond
Back to The Future
Pulp Fiction
The Ninth Gate

Some of the props I've got so far include - The Gold Bar from Goldfinger and Goldfingers golf putter, a Walther PPK. The almanac and Tales from Space comic from BTTF and Butch's Kangaroo from PF.

I really want a copy of the book from Ninth Gate but it's very expensive!

Other things I'm after are the Jack Rabbit Slims Menu and Coolidge v Wilson boxing poster from Pulp Fiction. I'd like to try and make my own but think the artworks would be hard to come across.

Any help on where to get these or other ideas appreciated!

Howdy all, Roy here from Georgia. Was told about this site when inquiring with someone about making some Mass Effect 2 armor so I came on over and set up an account in the hopes I can get some help and tips while I attempt to make this armor. Looking forward to what I can learn from everyone here and hope to have some fun as well!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back