Re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

hi i am a noob at this but i am trying to find pep files
if any can help me i apriceate it thank you

Hello all.... I became a member a few months ago and was a lurker for a while when I was directed to go here for some information when seeking some Star Wars Lightsabers. I am a member of Rebelscum forums and Statue Marvels forums. I have been collecting comics since I was 13 (I am 37 now) and over the last 10 years collecting original art, statues, and replicas for comics and comic movies. Recently (last 5 years I have added Star Wars things as my new obession.

I am amazed on all the information that is on these boards. I look forward to seeing everything.

I can already tell I could really get into the costume and cosplay things that oyu all do on here.... simply amazing.

Hi all, only my second post on the RPF after lurking for a good while. Currently building a pep MK3 iron man helmet after being inspired by all the amazing work I have seen here. Just waiting for the weather to change a little (its darn cold here in the UK at the mo) before I can get outside to finish the fiberglassing of the inside. Once done I shall start my own build thread.

My poor misses is unaware of how much I am planning on making in the future!

Hi guys, I'm A.B., just signed up a few hours ago. I kinda missed this intro thread (oops!)

I design & build toys in my garage, like this one:
img4153u.jpg

Hi ya'll. Ive been lurking for a while now and decided to join. I paint toys and miniatures for rpg's mainly. I've been wanting to get into props for a while now so here I am. I cant wait to make some friends and learn some new skill sets. :D

Hi guys,nice to be here! I look forward to going through this site and give it a good look through!

Last edited:

Hi, everyone. New here, obviously. Been looking around for a bit tonight after I stumbled upon the site earlier. :)

Hello, I'm a new member here. Have tried to create a thread asking for assistance on my cosplay making, yet no threads or posts appeared. Just wondering if this is the sort of thing that takes time and is the same for every newbie, or just me?

Hi everyone! I am so glad to have found a forum where like minded people lke me - passion for creatvity! Not many of my friends share this interest of mine and I guess you can say, I found home.

Hi Folks! :)

Im a Bttf and Stargate SG1/Atlantis Prop Collector. Im not really new in this Busines but im restarted my collection on a uper level after i`ve found this site....

Im from Switzerland and its nice to meet other peoples with the same interests...! :)

Greetings to everyone!

eldopio

Got snagged into this forum via a search for info about the looper blunderbuss. I was looking for detailed pictures and found more than that. Though smost of the designs I've seen have been a bit cost prohibitive (I'm not looking to make anything that costs over $200) I'm still interested.

I've been interested in building props for years and may attempt the looper blunderbuss and a carnifex pistol from mass Effect but I have no workshopp (only a shed) and live in the north so that will all have to wait until spring when I can dig my tools out of the snow!

So, until then ...

Hi Everyone,

As for me, I do quite a lot of papercraft, but I don't know what to do with all this stuff now that I've made it. I'm hoping to learn a lot from the people here and make some cool stuff!
My husband and some of our friends are in the 501st Legion so I'm surrounded by people who make armor and suits and all kinds of props and I'd like to make my own cool things.
I'm mostly into Video games and Cosplay prop things.

I'll be in your care in the future, Thanks!

My box-o-paper ;

dctSJl.jpg

Hi everyone!

Im a filmmaker based out of NYC who got into prop building for a recent project. I have a small studio set up in a basement and Im currently working on props for a Skyrim fan film.

Have been browsing the forum for months now. Some serious talent here!

Hi everyone! Love looking at all the props and ss models here. Been lurking for awhile and decided to join up.

Greetings to everyone

Hey Guys and Gals,

I'm a New England serial maker. I have tons of projects from chain maille and wood work to prototyping a new type of Kite Wind Turbine. I've tried a lot of different making and have not found one I don't like. When I get some money, I'd love to make a controllable LED wall panel like the one at Maker Faire but smaller to fit in my house. But my first new project that I think theRPF can help me with will be a fake viking beard. Maybe out of a real wig so I can braid it.

Thanks,
Drew

Hi you guys,

I heard about this forum through a video on youtube by adam savage. I was curious right away and thought this might be a good place for me to learn how to build things, especially costumes and polstered weapons. You see a big hobby of mine is live action role play. To those who don´t know what this is : you do know pen and paper or computer role playing games ? Basically we try to live those games in reality. There are futuristic LARPS, fantasy LARPS even horror survival LARPS. We build costumes, padded weapons to fight with and what ever else is needed (for example for some bigger ones we built castles out of plywood and try to make them look as realistic as possible with the finanicial means we have) and then try to live our fantasies for a weekend or longer (the longest cons are well over a week).
Imagine for example you are in an old army base and the zombie apocalypse has begun. Some of the players are zombies, others are survivors that try to accomplish certain goals. Like the gamemaster in a pen and paper roleplaying game you have gamemasters here too. You will get tasks to fullfill, can find hidden equipment,might safe others, in short you are gonna have a hell of a lot of fun !!!
There are some areas that are called out time areas where you can eat etc, but most of the area is ingame and if it is well done you feel like you really stepped into another world for a few days. Here a few youtube videos,to give you an idea of the crazyness and awesomeness of a good LARP. They are from "conquest of mythodea", one of the largest CONS in the world with usually between 5k and 7k people and a little over a week of fun, and from drachenfest, which is a little smaller then mythodea (both usually happen directly after each other, so guess how I spend my summer hollydays):

ConQuest of Mythodea 2012 IMPRESSIONS - YouTube (mythodea)

LARP: ConQuest of Mythodea 2011 - YouTube (mythodea)

Drachenfest 2011 Epic EXTENDED Trollcut Special Edition - YouTube (drachenfest)

Imagine you stand on a hill with 500 others. Behind you the war drums are pounding, and 200 metres under you an ork army is getting ready to overrun you. You can´t get any nearer to the real deal then that (at least not untill we finally have holo decks). The reason I came here is to learn to build better costumes for myself and friends

Ok, enough about this, and a bit more about me. I am 36 years old, come from the south of germany, near the border to bavaria. I work as a cargiver for mentally disabled young adults. In the group I work,since 8 years now, we have 10 young males, between 18 and 35. They are all severely autistic, which makes my job quite challenging and also quite interesting. It can be tough sometimes, but I wouldnt trade/swap it for any other job (my boss told me on the first day you will either love it or leave it).

I am also quite active in my ASATRU community (we belief in the old germanic pantheon of gods and live a modern version of this religion), for example I counsel people who have trouble with their family or close friends because of their belief.

I would say thatis enough for now. Feel free to PM me and if you have any questions, I will be happy to answer them

I am a young and promising and aspiring artist. Currently, I am working as Visual Effects Coordinator (right hand of the Visual Effects Supervisor) on James Rolfe's upcoming, crowdfunded independent feature film Angry Video Game Nerd: The Movie. It's going to be a badass epic flick :D

I am a huge fan of practical special effects, like explosions, miniatures and scale models, creature effects, rubber suits, cool costumes etc. and I'd prefer it anytime over CGI. I like many kinds of movies, but mostly the more fantastical, speculative ones, like fantasy, sci-fi and lots of horror, especially when mixed with the two other genres in some way, and then there's stop motion and cool SFX involved.

Stay creative,
- Lukas

well hello and new here myself, Don't have much in the way opf replica costumes or props, though I do have plenty of renn faire garb so costuming is not completely new to me. Hope to meet some new people and learn to build a few things, oh and I have made several chainmaile things in the past just no time now for mailleing

Last edited:

Hi. I came here from the Sideshow forums. I am very new to collecting and have started out collecting 1/6 scale figures. The quality of the work here on the forums is astonishing and there is some exceptionally talented people on here. Looking forward to learning and seeing a lot of new things.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back