Hi Everyone

By day I am a 3D artist and designer, but by night I'm a masked crusader. I'm new to building my own body armour and am also a member of the RLSH. Most members of the RLSH tend to repurpose motocross body armour for their patrol armour. I'm taking a different route. I'm going to build the Arkham Knight armour, teach myself the techniques to make a normal set of replica armour and then I'm going build a real one from exotic materials. I will document my process.

I am really excited to be getting started with this and any advice anyone can offer for someone starting up would be greatly appreciated.

T3Kaos

Hi everyone!

Been following the rpf for a while now, and I finally got around to signing up! So hello!! I got into prop making in my first year of University, and now- would you believe it- I have a degree in it! During training I mainly made for shows and one short film, but my heart always belonged in the replica world (unless of course I get to eventually work on an original!).

I hope to get to know some awesome people, learn some new techniques and have an awesome time.

Here are some of the things I've made already.
68919_654485867979959_371992815916455912_n.jpgP1300308 (2).JPGP1300213.JPGdalek sculpt.JPG
Weeping angel, Robot of Death helmet, Mary Blair's white rabbit resin sculpture, and annoyingly it won't rotate but a lil dalek figurine sculpt for my timelord chess set.

I also have a facebook page :) www.facebook.com/MadCatProps

Cheers!

Cat

Hi Everyone, Peter here.

I've been browsing the RPF for years looking at cosplays and always have been planning on building my own. It wasn't until this year i've been getting more serious due to my pending graduation from my highschool. I've been looking to build my own version of Captain America to cosplay as of late.

Currently on the hunt to get my shield, helmet, and boots done.

Looking forward to chat with everyone and get my build underway!

Hello! Long time lurker here and I finally decided to get an account. I've done a little model making/prop making in the past and I've decided to get back into it. Mostly self taught so if anyone has tips or tricks I'd love to hear them! Currently hoping to tackle a Fallout 3 laser pistol.

Hello everyone,

Been a member since September of 2014 when I found your site looking for props to display in my theater room.

I found a good tutorial on how to build a Captain America shield using a sled and I was hooked. I just ordered an aluminum blank and plan to make an even better one to hang on my wall. Looking to start a collection of 1/6th figures from Sideshow Toys.

Looking forward to more great ideas on this site.

Hey everybody!!!

I'm a big fan of all things sci-fi! Finished up my Ghostbuster outfit about two years ago and am trying to move onto the next project and I hope the RPF will e big help in the next project and all future ones. Great to be here and be a part of this site!!!

Hi there, the name's Roger and I'm a simple novice here in the cosplay community of Texas- I've been working and redesigning the same cosplay project for about 2 years now ( I do MGS3 Naked Snake) but I'm no novice to the arts & crafts thankfully as I've had experience in machine shops working on metals and I'm looking into leather and seamstress work to enhance my projects (although I'm a computer tech by trade).

I'm also a very experienced martial artist and currently majoring in psychology. Anyways I've been lurking this site as well as all through google looking at cosplay related tutorials and guides for working with different materials and I noticed there's a lot of MGS fans here and I'd like to be part of the conversation as I've worked on prop weapons before such as my knives which I've mad out of acrylic sheet and lots of grinding. I look forward to continuing the spirit of crafting my fandom.

Hello, all RPF Members.
My name is Dan from Missouri.
looking forward to all the completely awesome and awe inspiring work iv been seeing on here and hope to be a part of it all.
thank you

Hi everyone, I'm Kyle from Minneapolis

I found out about this forum from Adam Savage speaking about it on one day builds. I am working on a pepakura Fett helmet that I DL'd from here awhile back. I'm a pretty big film buff and have been interested in practical effects, props and, models for some time now and have just recently decided to do something about it. Not sure how much I will really post on here. Maybe more TDH than here but I know there is a lot of knowledge here to be tapped that can cross over.

Hello RPF,
I come to you from 405th.com. I've been doing modeling for some time now. I try to give back as much as I take from the community (nobody likes a leach). I've gone from designing for Pepakura to 3D Printing (check out my tutorials for 3D Printing Armor on Youtube). Right now I'm working on each functional folding Hawkeye style bows from Avengers 1 & 2 (maybe with electronics). I've been working on my own design of a modular RepRap any crafts person would love to have. I look forward to working with all of you.

Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! <<

Hey guys and girls! I'm new to the rpf and joined after I heard Adam savage talk about it on tested. I'm not a collector and I'm not a maker but I would like to start both! I'm a quick learner and really like a lot of what you people do on this website. I'm both inspired and compelled to build something after what I see is done here. I can on.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey guys and girls! I'm new to the rpf and joined after I heard Adam savage talk about it on tested. I'm not a collector and I'm not a maker but I would like to start both! I'm a quick learner and really like a lot of what you people do on this website. I'm both inspired and compelled to build something after what I see is done here. I can on.
only hope to get better abd be apart of this website for years to come!

Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! <<

Hi. Been a viewer here for a while, for research purposes. Just spotted something in a thread I can contribute info into, so I joined.
Always been interested in modeling and mechines, made alot as a kid. Also been an artist for some time, though that is on the back-burner these days - may get back into it. As of now I've pretty much nutted out a functional plan of the Millenium Falcon (another one of those) with the intent of making a model. Back to research. See ya.

Hi! I'm very new to any kind of prop making...recently I made some very cartoonish puppet/props/very small set for a competition to recreate some scenes from the Hobbit which were so much fun to do:

Screen Shot 2015-02-26 at 06.46.05.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw-igAxBUp0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37ddxFWGIOs

those are the links to the videos if anyone would like to see them :) sadly, I didn't get through but it was incredibly fun to make everything, especially puppet Smaug! I'd like to do realistic prop replications (especially anything to do with LoTR or The Hobbit - I'd love to make all of the swords) but currently the big project is building various Audrey IIs for University...

This site has absolutely incredible work and it'd be easy to lose days here just marvelling over what people have achieved! Hope to be able to contribute to the community :)

Screen Shot 2015-02-26 at 06.46.05.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone!
I've been sticking around for a while, and finally decided to join the community

I'm an hopeless geek, who loves making props and illustrations since when I was a little kid
I love the stuff you guys make, and hope to reach your level one day!

see you around
-rinn

Hi All, I've been a lurker here for many years but rarely post. I mainly focus on pre production Kenner Star Wars but have a small collection of MR and Efx prop replicas. I came back in hopes of finding the person the makes the Death Star bases for the Efx Tie Fighter.

Amazed at all the talent on this site. I have always enjoyed painting and sculpting and have been giving some thought to trying my hand at model building. Thanks for having me!

John

Hello everyone!!

I am new to prop building and thought I would give it a go. Although I do have some experience with leather working and some metal working from one of my other hobbies. I love video games and Sci Fi movies. My son and I have been playing Destiny a lot so that is likely going to be the focus of my first few projects. My son has asked me to 3D print him Coiled Hiss 1919 for him, so that is my first project.

I am glad to be here and look forward to learning from the vast knowledge here on the site.

Conan

Hello,
I have no idea if this question appropriate here or not; so does an item have to be a 1:1. I built a scaled up version of Brooms Box so it fits about a dozen D&D books. I know am a nerd, but I assume I'm in safe company.

Hello everyone,

I am a sucker for props related to Blade Runner, Judge Dredd (comics' design rather than the films') and Aliens.
Wish I could try to become a prop maker but I definitely don't have the room - and the craftsiness - required :-/

I'm not a new member but I am a returning one after a long one year leave of absence. Life kinda got in the way but I'm trying to get back in the habit of cosplay. I live in Edmonton Alberta Canada, 26 years old. I love mecha and anything robotic pretty much. I use Pepakura and styrofoam when I make my builds and I have extensive 3D modelling experience. I was making Silver Crow from Accel World but I had a huge falling out and the costume was destroyed so I thought I would start with something a little less complicated and work my way back up. Looking to make friends and talk about cool tips and ideas on how to make some of the amazing stuff I've seen on here.

I go to the Comic Expo in Calgary and Edmonton as well as Animethon in Edmonton and Otafest in Calgary.

My last costume I made was Gurren Lagann from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
9363_10151532814167976_1593603960_n.jpg

My current project is Juggernaut from Dota 2
988949_10153147979668638_6342734588069196781_n.jpg

And Fulgore from Killer Instinct. I didnt start it yet but I'm super obsessed with it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back