My Raimi suit build/guide *Starts soon* *PIC HEAVY*

Hey thanks for the tip! I knew the jar I have would come in handy!

As far as sending you samples, keep in mind colors are interpreted differently depending on the color interpretation of monitors/programs, so If I send you a screenshot like this
View attachment 1479830
It looks too dark. So I have an idea. You can purchase the pattern from IDK, and, if you want to go for the exact colors I used, I can send you my color edit it you want.
Ok that's cool I already have his pattern(but with original Raimi base) I haven't used it though because now he has a more accurate brick pattern and muscle shades as seen on his most recent 2002 suit (except the shading was rearranged but I found out he has accurate ones) so I may request a new one off him.

Last edited:
Ok that's cool I already have his pattern(but with original Raimi base) I haven't used it though because now he has a more accurate brick pattern and muscle shades as seen on his most recent 2002 suit (except the shading was rearranged but I found out he has accurate ones) so I may request a new one off him.
Sounds good! If you wanna use mine after you pay him I can give you the one I used, as long as he's okay with it.

Sounds good! If you wanna use mine after you pay him I can give you the one I used, as long as he's okay with it.
I've already got his 2004 pattern I said I wanted to use your colours for the second updated 2004 pattern I'll get off him, so I can't use yours as I wanted his updated muscle shades and brick pattern (but I'm still grateful for you offering), also I do have GIMP but I am a novice at it can you tell how to change colour? if that takes too long to explain can you share me the link to where you learned to use GIMP?

I've already got his 2004 pattern I said I wanted to use your colours for the second updated 2004 pattern I'll get off him, so I can't use yours as I wanted his updated muscle shades and brick pattern (but I'm still grateful for you offering), also I do have GIMP but I am a novice at it can you tell how to change colour? if that takes too long to explain can you share me the link to where you learned to use GIMP?
Changing color is very easy. There should be a color tab, in the tab you'll find a button that says "hue and saturation". When I'm home I'll give a better explanation, but as far as that goes, you can change the colors individually. It's pretty handy.

Also by any chance did you look at the 'ancient' OVDH (ollie) suit as reference?
I don't think I've ever seen the ollie suits tbh. I used an actual screenshot from the BTS vid just for the colors.
IMG_20210522_221330.jpg

Changing color is very easy. There should be a color tab, in the tab you'll find a button that says "hue and saturation". When I'm home I'll give a better explanation, but as far as that goes, you can change the colors individually. It's pretty handy.
thank you
I don't think I've ever seen the ollie suits tbh. I used an actual screenshot from the BTS vid just for the colors.
View attachment 1482064
That is a pretty good reference shot its weird how the colours of things look different off film, like how the grey on Vader's armour is brighter in real life.

thank you

That is a pretty good reference shot its weird how the colours of things look different off film, like how the grey on Vader's armour is brighter in real life.
From what I've seen, the movie had the blue tones muted. Probably for blue screen. The train scene is a good example of the uneven tones

Just saw this thread and I have to say I have had the hardest time trying to work with Herostime too. They have consistently sewn suits wrong, sometimes editing my patterns to extend a section, misaligning seams, and so on. Their colors are great, their time to response is great, but they just seem a little disconnected when it comes to precision. The next misalignment looks like some of the work they did for me when I was vetting them.

They gave me a free suit credit for their mess-ups and I'm not sure I'll ever use it because I'd just rather not deal with potential issues.

First of all I want to tell you how much I admire your work. I also share that dream of one day having a Spider man raimi screen accurate suit, and with a little of luck someday i get there
As for the webbing. The flashing is getting extremely overwhelming. I'll need to take a pic later, but not only are there tremendous amounts of webbing, but some of the parts are stained with red, probably from the moulds having red-tinted urethane and not properly cleaned. I'm thinking about getting a new set, probably from Spidey4fun. There is a new guy that is making his own webbing, and his looks promising, as they are also using Kenlandrum's webbing. I have no idea when he'll finish the molds, however.
Second. Are you shure that Kenlandrum's webbing is the best choise? i've compared his vector files with Spideyplanet's webbing desing (wich i thing their are very acurate) and the Kenlandrum's webbing is thicker... but in the corners (intescections of the weblines) Kenlandrum's desing have less promient rounded edges. Barely you can see the rounded edges. Have you ever see the webs in real life that came from a Kenlandrum's files?

First of all I want to tell you how much I admire your work. I also share that dream of one day having a Spider man raimi screen accurate suit, and with a little of luck someday i get there

Second. Are you shure that Kenlandrum's webbing is the best choise? i've compared his vector files with Spideyplanet's webbing desing (wich i thing their are very acurate) and the Kenlandrum's webbing is thicker... but in the corners (intescections of the weblines) Kenlandrum's desing have less promient rounded edges. Barely you can see the rounded edges. Have you ever see the webs in real life that came from a Kenlandrum's files?
Yessir. I own the vector files as well as physical webbing. Odd, because to me, the webbing looks thinner and the intersections are very prominent.

Yes, I own the physical webbing along with the vectors as well. Oddly, what you described as the exact opposite. The webbing is thin with more prominent intersections. It's very noticeable especially on the mask. I'm trying to send a pic but it's not letting me for whatever reason. I am open to other webbing suggestions at this point, as unfortunately the flashing made me lose motivation. I'm looking at S4F webs. Thoughts?

Just saw this thread and I have to say I have had the hardest time trying to work with Herostime too. They have consistently sewn suits wrong, sometimes editing my patterns to extend a section, misaligning seams, and so on. Their colors are great, their time to response is great, but they just seem a little disconnected when it comes to precision. The next misalignment looks like some of the work they did for me when I was vetting them.

They gave me a free suit credit for their mess-ups and I'm not sure I'll ever use it because I'd just rather not deal with potential issues.
Wow! The OG himself! Thank you for posting! I'm going to do a v2 of the suit, this time by print costume.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back