My Raimi suit build/guide *Starts soon* *PIC HEAVY*

I don’t know about OG, I prefer “long term Spidey addict” lol.

Aside from switching to Print Costume, what other adjustments are you thinking of making?
Long term Spidey addict. I like it. Same haha
I ended up selling the original costume along with webbing and logos as it was way too much. I should have taken more photos but here's the best pic i can find:

IMG_20180606_135641.jpg

Think of it like the left, but for the entire body. I'm thinking about starting over, with webs and logos from Spidey4fun.

Long term Spidey addict. I like it. Same haha
I ended up selling the original costume along with webbing and logos as it was way too much. I should have taken more photos but here's the best pic i can find:

View attachment 1493317
Think of it like the left, but for the entire body. I'm thinking about starting over, with webs and logos from Spidey4fun.
Oof. That trim work looks brutal.

Brad (S4F) does great work. Can’t wait to see your V2!

Yessir. I own the vector files as well as physical webbing. Odd, because to me, the webbing looks thinner and the intersections are very prominent.

Yes, I own the physical webbing along with the vectors as well. Oddly, what you described as the exact opposite. The webbing is thin with more prominent intersections. It's very noticeable especially on the mask. I'm trying to send a pic but it's not letting me for whatever reason. I am open to other webbing suggestions at this point, as unfortunately the flashing made me lose motivation. I'm looking at S4F webs. Thoughts?
Wow, thats really shocking, tbh Kenlandrum's work is amazing but i never liked his webs desing because of that (I attach a picture of why I believed that) and i started to do my version of the webs based on almost 200 pictures of the movie. But if you think that, I'm going to reconsider use his desings, i trust in your experience.

Attachments

• ss vs k.jpg
    ss vs k.jpg
    534.9 KB · Views: 170
Hey thanks for the tip! I knew the jar I have would come in handy!

As far as sending you samples, keep in mind colors are interpreted differently depending on the color interpretation of monitors/programs, so If I send you a screenshot like this
View attachment 1479830
It looks too dark. So I have an idea. You can purchase the pattern from IDK, and, if you want to go for the exact colors I used, I can send you my color edit it you want.
Btw i having a hard time with the colors, I already done 4 different print tests and i still didn't get the right colors (and i getting out of money) You think you can help me here?

Wow, thats really shocking, tbh Kenlandrum's work is amazing but i never liked his webs desing because of that (I attach a picture of why I believed that) and i started to do my version of the webs based on almost 200 pictures of the movie. But if you think that, I'm going to reconsider use his desings, i trust in your experience.
Just for reference, since no one ever seems to share this info: The real webbing is a hair over 4mm wide at it's widest (ignoring the intersections).

Hope that helps you figure out scaling.

Just for reference, since no one ever seems to share this info: The real webbing is a hair over 4mm wide at it's widest (ignoring the intersections).

Hope that helps you figure out scaling.
wow thanks, i've been searching that info everywere and finally someone answered! Do you have a screen used chest piece right? (i remeber have seen your reply on Kenlandrum's thread) Can you tell me, which is the "offical" depht (or height) of the webs?

wow thanks, i've been searching that info everywere and finally someone answered! Do you have a screen used chest piece right? (i remeber have seen your reply on Kenlandrum's thread) Can you tell me, which is the "offical" depht (or height) of the webs?
It varies all over. It’s thinner on the hands and center face and thicker elsewhere. I believe the range is like 2mm to 1mm or thereabouts.

Can you send me the values of the base colors of red and blue that you use in your pattern? (in RGB or hex code). I will do another print test and i want to add your values to see if those works. i will be very thankfull por your help.
I would need to borrow a portion of the pattern to figure out how. Sorta like cropping out the rest to figure out how to color correct, if that makes any sense? Only because I don't know which pattern you used, and the colors could come out differently. But if you send me a cropped version I can figure out which colors work best?

I would need to borrow a portion of the pattern to figure out how. Sorta like cropping out the rest to figure out how to color correct, if that makes any sense? Only because I don't know which pattern you used, and the colors could come out differently. But if you send me a cropped version I can figure out which colors work best?
actually im working with Kenlandrum's 2004 pattern, but if you like i can send you a DM with a portion of the pattern (i ask you for the RGB values because i think it might be useful but actually idk if works that way lol)

actually im working with Kenlandrum's 2004 pattern, but if you like i can send you a DM with a portion of the pattern (i ask you for the RGB values because i think it might be useful but actually idk if works that way lol)
That works too. Yeah RGB values work. I just need to figure out for the exact pattern, then I can send it to you.

If you change the saturation of the blue pretty low you can get it to match One dudes.

Does anybody know where I can get the 2004 emblem (slightly thinner legs)? all I've seen people sell is the 2007 one.
The legs shouldn’t have any noticeable difference between those two. As far as I’m aware, the only difference is the color. SM3 was more silvery/gunmetal whereas SM2 was a flat black with greyish tones.

Do you have a reference that shows otherwise because all my reference is showing what appears to be the same spider.

Hey guys! Ever since I was a kid, I've long dreamed to own a screen-accurate Raimi suit down-to-a-t Replica. Spidey4fun and Spidey planet have the best replica's but are very expensive and takes time to make. Print only suits are fine but for a Raimi suit, it can be quite bland. We won't even mention no limit designs.

So after almost a year of research and breaking down every single detail of the Raimi suit from each movie, i have taken it up upon myself to assemble my own Raimi suit. My specific design will be based on the 2004 suit. A buddy of mine who goes by the name of Aegidius Designs has taken Kenlandrum's webbing files and created damn near accurate molds for webbing and emblems! Having recently purchased them myself and, at the time of writing, am awaiting creation and shipment.

As of right now I have everything planned, so all i have to do is purchase and assemble everything. Once I start on the project I will post each the process from start to the finished product. Right now, I own the Spidey planet faceshell and el.fett's muscle suit prior to starting. My end goal is hopefully by the end of next month.

Stay tuned!
Hey awesome plan. I really want to get on making one as well. I just can’t seem to find an amazing print like the one spidey planet has.

The legs shouldn’t have any noticeable difference between those two. As far as I’m aware, the only difference is the color. SM3 was more silvery/gunmetal whereas SM2 was a flat black with greyish tones.

Do you have a reference that shows otherwise because all my reference is showing what appears to be the same spider.
They definitely are thinner I thought they weren't at first I thought I was seeing things but I looked through 'Spiderman Trilogy archives' I think that was his name, anyways he's on Instagram and he's got every Raimi image you can think of and more and he compared the two and he does show that the 2004 one is definitely thinner.

They definitely are thinner I thought they weren't at first I thought I was seeing things but I looked through 'Spiderman Trilogy archives' I think that was his name, anyways he's on Instagram and he's got every Raimi image you can think of and more and he compared the two and he does show that the 2004 one is definitely thinner.
Are you talking leg width or depth? Maybe I'm just misunderstanding. It was between .5 and 1mm deeper in SM3, but I thought the front-on design should be the same... though they didn't always apply the spiders perfectly in SM2 lol.

I'll take a look though, wouldn't surprise me to learn something new about this dang thing after all these years. haha

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back