My Raimi suit build/guide *Starts soon* *PIC HEAVY*

ThatOneDude2994

Hey guys! Ever since I was a kid, I've long dreamed to own a screen-accurate Raimi suit down-to-a-t Replica. Spidey4fun and Spidey planet have the best replica's but are very expensive and takes time to make. Print only suits are fine but for a Raimi suit, it can be quite bland. We won't even mention no limit designs.

So after almost a year of research and breaking down every single detail of the Raimi suit from each movie, i have taken it up upon myself to assemble my own Raimi suit. My specific design will be based on the 2004 suit. A buddy of mine who goes by the name of Aegidius Designs has taken Kenlandrum's webbing files and created damn near accurate molds for webbing and emblems! Having recently purchased them myself and, at the time of writing, am awaiting creation and shipment.

As of right now I have everything planned, so all i have to do is purchase and assemble everything. Once I start on the project I will post each the process from start to the finished product. Right now, I own the Spidey planet faceshell and el.fett's muscle suit prior to starting. My end goal is hopefully by the end of next month.

Stay tuned!

Let's get down to the pattern. @uhhidkmyhairsucks on Instagram made a pretty good web-guide-only pattern just for colored fabrics.
IMG_20210516_221441.jpg

The mask's web pattern borrows from Spidey Planet's mask pattern. A glimpse of which can be found on YouTube.
IMG_20210516_221912.jpg

Another thing he did, which I think is pretty unique, is that he made the finger's webless
IMG_20210516_221542.jpg

In my history of buying Spidey suits from, say, Zentaizone or Herostime, the finger webbing doesn't always line up, so fingerless webbing is a good choice. I'll be using as much references as I can for gluing the fingers.

Alright guys. I got the pattern and just sent the colored fabric test to mr.zentai/ zentaizentai. I know, weird choice as oppose to Zentai Zone or Herostime, but they did pretty good on my unfinished ps4 classic colored suit shown below

IMG_20200922_014214.jpg

Now, regards to my Raimi suit...

I tweaked the pattern colors in GIMP. Watching the Costume design BTS vid,
IMG_20210522_221243.jpg

IMG_20210522_221330.jpg

Notice how saturated the reds are compared to the blue sections. The problem I have with most Raimi cosplays is the blue sections are always too bright and saturated. When it comes to the Raimi suit, you can go really right or really wrong with colors. The blue sections aren't a deep blue hue, but are more of a bluish-grey tone. This is impossible to obtain using blue fabrics, as the blue fabric turns highlights into the color of the fabric, making it more saturated than it should be. Therefore, I have came up with a simple solution: being printed on white fabric. The blue sections will be printed on white, as white fabric can capture any type of highlight color, and as in added bonus, will stretch to a slightly lighter color. I have sent the pattern for printing test which will hopefully be soon.

Stay tuned!

Last edited:
Mrzentai did you well by the looks of it. When zentaizone made mine the neck didn't fit/wasn't long enough and it looked weird, they sent me another with the same issue so they also sent some masks so I can cut the mask off. Oddly the Mclean print didn't have that issue and the costume I'm making for myself I sized slightly larger and is probably a little big.
Also just a thought but if your Raimi pattern is in colour and not just grey to print onto blue a light grey base might give you the look you're going for with the raimi suit. Worth a test if they'll do it for free.
Looking great so far!

Mrzentai did you well by the looks of it. When zentaizone made mine the neck didn't fit/wasn't long enough and it looked weird, they sent me another with the same issue so they also sent some masks so I can cut the mask off. Oddly the Mclean print didn't have that issue and the costume I'm making for myself I sized slightly larger and is probably a little big.
Also just a thought but if your Raimi pattern is in colour and not just grey to print onto blue a light grey base might give you the look you're going for with the raimi suit. Worth a test if they'll do it for free.
Looking great so far!
Hey man I appreciate your reply and thank you for watching! So, last year when i was playing around with colors and such and had a different pattern, one of the first ideas i had was to print the blue on grey fabric. Unfortunately the result was a greenish/turquoise print
94027A998F72807F347CA08DA24CD82D.jpg

Hey man I appreciate your reply and thank you for watching! So, last year when i was playing around with colors and such and had a different pattern, one of the first ideas i had was to print the blue on grey fabric. Unfortunately the result was a greenish/turquoise print View attachment 1460567
No problem for watching man, there used be a lot of threads for spiderman costumes on here, a shame there aren't anymore. Disappointing that the grey didn't work but at least you'll have the tried and tested method of colouring the inside to prevent whiteout, maybe test on scrap of colouring it grey on the inside might give the effect you're looking for.

No problem for watching man, there used be a lot of threads for spiderman costumes on here, a shame there aren't anymore. Disappointing that the grey didn't work but at least you'll have the tried and tested method of colouring the inside to prevent whiteout, maybe test on scrap of colouring it grey on the inside might give the effect you're looking for.
Actually, that's a pretty good idea. Once i get the suit made I'll see if it's necessary. Thanks!

Alright guys, this is looking more like a guide. I hope that my process can help someone in the future.

So now I'm tackling the shoes/boots. I haven't started the process yet because Amazon sent the wrong package. But I'll go into depth about the process soon enough when I get the suit and everything.

So the shoes have a very distinct look to them.
EIYnvHBXYAUXixd.jpg

IMG_20210525_040917.jpg

46cfb29748bbe2c4109678c2046bdbbf~2.png

16220776744424608988162198384742.jpg

Obviously these aren't normal water shoes or kung Fu shoes, but something custom created specially for the movie. It's pretty hard to get the exact shape, but the closest I could personally get to(and yes, I'm aware El.fett and Spidey planet sell the custom shoes, but as of the time writting this, only sell in either full suits or kits) is this:
Screenshot_2021-05-25-04-27-46-399_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping~2.jpg

Screenshot_2021-05-25-04-27-41-143_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping~2.jpg

So, it's not the exact shape. But it is extremely close shape wise. An added bonus is that the shoe is slip-on. I got these on Amazon for $25, which isn't bad and is perfect for giving the shape. Only downside is the heel, but that should be easy to remove once I get a hold of it. I will post the process of gluing and everything once it comes.

Obviously, the soles are brown here, but the movie shows red soles. It's very hard to see in the movies, but using this promo image from SM3:
Screenshot_2021-05-24-02-38-24-453_com.android.chrome.jpg

It looks to be a simple texture of...lines.....

A quick search for "red soling material" on Amazon brings this:
Screenshot_2021-05-25-04-13-29-281_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping~2.jpg

This seems to be the perfect texture and gets pretty damn close to the original. $12 on Amazon is a steal. Already purchased at the time of writing. We'll see how this looks.

Last edited:
Alright so, in order to glue the webs down properly, I need a mannequin. Problem is that all mannequins are taller than me. Me at a whopping 5 feet and 5-6 inches tall, my enormous stature is not enough for a mannequin. So, looking on eBay and sorting by "price low" first since I'm cheap, I found this badass, totally-not-goofy-looking "mannequin"....

IMG_20210531_081625.jpg

Yeah, it looks like a blow-up doll. But it just so happened to exact my measurements. And it was pretty cheap. So I bought it, pumped it up, put one of my tailored suits on and viola...

PXL_20210531_120348009.jpg

It's pretty wrinkled as the costume is tailored to my exact measurements, but surprisingly it works! Later I ended up putting my very well worn standard large Raimi suit from zentaizone (which just so happens to have Ken's web pattern) shown below

PXL_20210601_062102299.PORTRAIT.jpg

In case you're wondering how it looks:

00000IMG_00000_BURST20200210131308212_COVER.jpg

Yup, my first ever cosplay suit. I took this photo last year, but I've had the suit since 2018, back when I didn't know anything about cosplay. This suit had the vertical back zipper that goes from the top of the mask all the way down to the lower back, hence why the neck looks that way. All will be fixed when the new suit arrives.

Last edited:
Coming together nicely. Out of interest, are the webs smaller than your suit worn by you and they need to be stretched while glued on. Is it a flexible glue you'll use too?

Coming together nicely. Out of interest, are the webs smaller than your suit worn by you and they need to be stretched while glued on. Is it a flexible glue you'll use too?
So, as far as i know, the webs are the same size as the pattern laid out, as in before it's sewn or worn. So basically, a tad smaller, yes. However, I'm stockier than the mannequin itself, so it will stretch a tiny bit more. That is intentional on my part, as no one wants a baggy raimi suit. And yes, the glue is very flexible. I'll be using loctite 4861, the same glue Spidey Planet uses.

So, as far as i know, the webs are the same size as the pattern laid out, as in before it's sewn or worn. So basically, a tad smaller, yes. However, I'm stockier than the mannequin itself, so it will stretch a tiny bit more. That is intentional on my part, as no one wants a baggy raimi suit. And yes, the glue is very flexible. I'll be using loctite 4861, the same glue Spidey Planet uses.
Brilliant, thanks for replying and clarifying that for me. I'll make a Raimi suit one day but want to do it justice like you are.

Brilliant, thanks for replying and clarifying that for me. I'll make a Raimi suit one day but want to do it justice like you are.
Dude thank you so much! I'm not an expert at all, I'm practically diving into this as I go, but I hope the outcome is good and I hope more see this in the future and possibly benefit from this. Thanks again!

Last edited:
So this is a useless post, but there has been a delay of the print tests, so I figured I'd just show a rough example of what the colors should look like together...
2004EXAMPLE.PNG

I literally took a couple screenshots a roughly pieced them together to show an example of how it could look together. Keep in mind that I have altered the blue parts to my liking. Perhaps I should have had the pattern in one piece. Oh, well. Anyways, It might show up differently for you guys depending on your color settings.

So this is a useless post, but there has been a delay of the print tests, so I figured I'd just show a rough example of what the colors should look like together...
View attachment 1467121

I literally took a couple screenshots a roughly pieced them together to show an example of how it could look together. Keep in mind that I have altered the blue parts to my liking. Perhaps I should have had the pattern in one piece. Oh, well. Anyways, It might show up differently for you guys depending on your color settings.
That looks fantastic but it might come out a bit too dark, LYB Studios on Instagram has one with the super accurate grey colour your looking for ,he use the original muscle shades from Sony production files and a coloured fabric pattern with the web guides and no emblems(This is not shown on his Instagram but I found an image of it on google a couple of years ago and it said 'LYB studios' underneath so.)

That looks fantastic but it might come out a bit too dark, LYB Studios on Instagram has one with the super accurate grey colour your looking for ,he use the original muscle shades from Sony production files and a coloured fabric pattern with the web guides and no emblems(This is not shown on his Instagram but I found an image of it on google a couple of years ago and it said 'LYB studios' underneath so.)
So, LYB is a buddy of mine that did an amazing job with the pattern. Unfortunately, he isn't active anymore, but i do have his pattern. The only reason I didn't use it is because of the mask web pattern. Because I have a small head, and usual web patterns don't align with the faceshell. If he was available, I would commission him for a better colored pattern. But for now, I have to make do with what I got. And also, I'm using GIMP, which as the same color interpretation (i think that's the right term) as Photoshop, which is always compressed in screenshots and whatnot differently, so I assure you the pattern isn't as dark as it looks. I will probably adjust the colors, however. I'm trying to go for these colors:
IMG_20210619_213005.jpg

Obviously can't be achieved with blue colored fabric. Maybe close, but too blue. This is where white fabric comes in handy.

So, LYB is a buddy of mine that did an amazing job with the pattern. Unfortunately, he isn't active anymore, but i do have his pattern. The only reason I didn't use it is because of the mask web pattern. Because I have a small head, and usual web patterns don't align with the faceshell. If he was available, I would commission him for a better colored pattern. But for now, I have to make do with what I got. And also, I'm using GIMP, which as the same color interpretation (i think that's the right term) as Photoshop, which is always compressed in screenshots and whatnot differently, so I assure you the pattern isn't as dark as it looks. I will probably adjust the colors, however. I'm trying to go for these colors:
View attachment 1468782
Obviously can't be achieved with blue colored fabric. Maybe close, but too blue. This is where white fabric comes in handy.
That's pretty cool I don't know about white though maybe powder blue as that's very pale. cuz when you see him bend his knee after his first attempt to stop the train it doesn't show up white(sorry can't find a pic).

That's pretty cool I don't know about white though maybe powder blue as that's very pale. cuz when you see him bend his knee after his first attempt to stop the train it doesn't show up white(sorry can't find a pic).
So, I went on YouTube and took a screenshot
IMG_20210620_190554.jpg

This is probably the best I could find. I know it's a little blurry, but you can see slight fading. This is an indication of white fabric underneath. I watched the BTS vid of Spider-Man 2. I believe that they used dye sublimation, which is the process they use for just about every suit made today. I heard somewhere that they may have spray painted the fabric to eliminate color fading, but AFAIK they only did that for the first film. But for the second one, it was made in one piece. The reason why I'm going with colored fabrics is that I won't have to spray paint anything, as it would already be saturated. As for the blue parts, I would try to color match as much as possible.

So, I went on YouTube and took a screenshot
View attachment 1469077

This is probably the best I could find. I know it's a little blurry, but you can see slight fading. This is an indication of white fabric underneath. I watched the BTS vid of Spider-Man 2. I believe that they used dye sublimation, which is the process they use for just about every suit made today. I heard somewhere that they may have spray painted the fabric to eliminate color fading, but AFAIK they only did that for the first film. But for the second one, it was made in one piece. The reason why I'm going with colored fabrics is that I won't have to spray paint anything, as it would already be saturated. As for the blue parts, I would try to color match as much as possible.
Yes but its only very faint I have the zentai zone (print costume now) sm3 suit and the fading is a lot more prominent than what is seen in the picture and also I think they airbrushed dye instead of paint on the suit, I saw an image on Instagram showing a production arm piece unsewn showing airbrushed edges around it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back