My Raimi suit build/guide *Starts soon* *PIC HEAVY*

Awesome! Do you have a thread? I wanna see how yours turns out as well
I haven’t started yet but I’ve been looking for forums from people who try different webbing deigns like fun4spidey or the one you’re using I wasn’t a fan of the webbing color but If the marker stuff you’re doing works out well I’m definitely going to try it out

I haven’t started yet but I’ve been looking for forums from people who try different webbing deigns like fun4spidey or the one you’re using I wasn’t a fan of the webbing color but If the marker stuff you’re doing works out well I’m definitely going to try it out
Ageidus does so them in a darker grey color which is like SM1/SM3 black suit but if you don't want that you could ask him for something in between silver and grey to get a nice 2004/07 web colour.

Ageidus does so them in a darker grey color which is like SM1/SM3 black suit but if you don't want that you could ask him for something in between silver and grey to get a nice 2004/07 web colour.
Oh wow I didn’t know that actually I’m a bit more inclined to get his webbing since spideyplanet and 4fun is around 500-600 dollars

IMG_20210710_011017.jpg

I actually think i got it down. You CAN use a chiseled marker, it has way more surface area, it just has to be angled correctly. Also, shout out to my little sister for helping me with the flashing, this stuff is a pain in the ass and I wish I had a more effective way to remove it.

looks great but err I dunno if i trust marker not to ruin my suit if I fold it up.

What I'll do is stain the sides, let them set for a week, then I'll wash it off. That's what Spidey planet does.
I would caution you when folding the suit up as my webs left stains on the back spider logo. I’ve since put some wax paper along the back spider when in storage, which seems to have helped.

I have not had any issues with the marker staining the suit fabric.

Sean

I would caution you when folding the suit up as my webs left stains on the back spider logo. I’ve since put some wax paper along the back spider when in storage, which seems to have helped.

I have not had any issues with the marker staining the suit fabric.

Sean
Yeah, this is what im most worried about

Hey guys! Sorry for the lack of updates, I was on a mini vacation. I currently have two projects, and I haven't had any luck with them. 1. My 2002 puff painted project. I ordered from print costume/zentaizone a 2002 puff painted suit. I tried to make the colors a darker purple-ish blue.

IMG_20210726_002832~2.jpg

IMG_20210726_003946~2.jpg

But I made it way too dark. Also, the webbing came out black than dark grey. It came out better than I expected, However.

Now, on to the 2004 suit. The colors came out perfectly. They are just as expected. But there's one problem that throws off the project

IMG_20210727_073331.jpg

The neck seam isn't centered at all. Its off-center, so the web line isn't straight, and the webs won't cover the seam. This was very disheartening, as I was really looking forward to this costume. It was made by Herostime, and I even DM'ed them about the neck seam before they made the suit. In this instance, I should have definitely went with Zentaizone on this one, they definitely know how to do a Raimi suit, especially the seam. As of right now, I have no idea what I'm going to do or how to fix it. I might end up needing a new one.

As for the webbing. The flashing is getting extremely overwhelming. I'll need to take a pic later, but not only are there tremendous amounts of webbing, but some of the parts are stained with red, probably from the moulds having red-tinted urethane and not properly cleaned. I'm thinking about getting a new set, probably from Spidey4fun. There is a new guy that is making his own webbing, and his looks promising, as they are also using Kenlandrum's webbing. I have no idea when he'll finish the molds, however.

Hey guys! Sorry for the lack of updates, I was on a mini vacation. I currently have two projects, and I haven't had any luck with them. 1. My 2002 puff painted project. I ordered from print costume/zentaizone a 2002 puff painted suit. I tried to make the colors a darker purple-ish blue.

View attachment 1479406
View attachment 1479407

But I made it way too dark. Also, the webbing came out black than dark grey. It came out better than I expected, However.

Now, on to the 2004 suit. The colors came out perfectly. They are just as expected. But there's one problem that throws off the project

View attachment 1479410

The neck seam isn't centered at all. Its off-center, so the web line isn't straight, and the webs won't cover the seam. This was very disheartening, as I was really looking forward to this costume. It was made by Herostime, and I even DM'ed them about the neck seam before they made the suit. In this instance, I should have definitely went with Zentaizone on this one, they definitely know how to do a Raimi suit, especially the seam. As of right now, I have no idea what I'm going to do or how to fix it. I might end up needing a new one.

As for the webbing. The flashing is getting extremely overwhelming. I'll need to take a pic later, but not only are there tremendous amounts of webbing, but some of the parts are stained with red, probably from the moulds having red-tinted urethane and not properly cleaned. I'm thinking about getting a new set, probably from Spidey4fun. There is a new guy that is making his own webbing, and his looks promising, as they are also using Kenlandrum's webbing. I have no idea when he'll finish the molds, however.
That is annoying and a warning for me not to go with Herostime, also Zentai Zone are moving their dye subs to https://www.printcostume.com/costumes-c-1.html (ZZ still show dye subs on their site but your order may be forgotten or messed up) also about the webs looking too dark I'd make (or buy) mirror lenses as he had darker webbing and purplish blue in the SM1 video game.

I forgot to mention that Printcostume did infact make the suit. There was a miscommunication on the color. That's an amazing idea, I loved the look he had in the 2002 video game

OK! I tried on the suit. I was very impressed on how the suit colors came out! I didn't cut eyeholes yet, so I was pretty much being directed blindly for the photos. They're a bit blurry...

IMG_20210728_011012.jpg

IMG_20210728_011253.jpg

IMG_20210728_011120.jpg

I absolutely love this costume! It's honestly a dream come true. It came out so perfectly, just as I imagined. Sorry for the blurry photos, but I can't help but completely geek out after seeing the photos. The only problem is the neck seam

IMG_20210728_011649.jpg

I have no idea how much this will affect the webbing, but I'll probably take it to a seamstress just to be safe. In the mean time I'm trying to figure out the next step. Web gluing isn't an option, as I'm not even close to being done. I might even change the webbing all together, probably using S4F webs. We'll see. I do really like Kenlandrum's web pattern, however, so we'll see.

OK! I tried on the suit. I was very impressed on how the suit colors came out! I didn't cut eyeholes yet, so I was pretty much being directed blindly for the photos. They're a bit blurry...

View attachment 1479590

View attachment 1479592

View attachment 1479593

I absolutely love this costume! It's honestly a dream come true. It came out so perfectly, just as I imagined. Sorry for the blurry photos, but I can't help but completely geek out after seeing the photos. The only problem is the neck seam

View attachment 1479594
I have no idea how much this will affect the webbing, but I'll probably take it to a seamstress just to be safe. In the mean time I'm trying to figure out the next step. Web gluing isn't an option, as I'm not even close to being done. I might even change the webbing all together, probably using S4F webs. We'll see. I do really like Kenlandrum's web pattern, however, so we'll see.
I must admit You've got a better eye for colour than me, I had my doubts about the blue being on white but somehow the white fading on yours looks natural ,is there any chance you could you show me a samples of the red and blue colours on your pattern? so I can send them to uhhidkmyhairsucks to use as a colour guide for my next pattern? Also If your struggling to position the faceshell to cut the eye holes use paper clamp clips on the edges of the faceshell to grip the fabric and the shell to your desired position.
1627480269989.png

Last edited:
I must admit You've got a better eye for colour than me, I had my doubts about the blue being on white but somehow the white fading on yours looks natural ,is there any chance you could you show me a samples of the red and blue colours on your pattern? so I can send them to uhhidkmyhairsucks to use as a colour guide for my next pattern? Also If your struggling to position the faceshell to cut the eye holes use paper clamp clips on the edges of the faceshell to grip the fabric and the shell to your desired position.
View attachment 1479648
Hey thanks for the tip! I knew the jar I have would come in handy!

As far as sending you samples, keep in mind colors are interpreted differently depending on the color interpretation of monitors/programs, so If I send you a screenshot like this
IMG_20210729_061221.jpg

It looks too dark. So I have an idea. You can purchase the pattern from IDK, and, if you want to go for the exact colors I used, I can send you my color edit it you want.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back