My Raimi suit build/guide *Starts soon* *PIC HEAVY*

Yeah cuz I bought a herostime faceshell i gave them the correct measurements and they gave me one that was a enitre inch wider all over so the spandex squashed it down and made me look like hammerhead, also your 2002 shell looks great and do you wish to correct the web color or are you happy with it because if not you could try mixing silver with it like 'JRCDesignss' did with his 2007 black suit.

I will get some shots of the suit in broad daylight as soon as I can. In the meantime I have something exciting. It's a little lengthy so bear with me.

I own Spideyplanets faceshell, but the problem is, because the lenses stay the same size while the shell changes, and mine being a a size small, the lenses look bigger than they should. While I'm not getting rid of my shell, I wanted to explore some other options.

A VFX artist by the name of low_res_jpg has taken a shell file created by the name of Andrey_blend
View attachment 1499063

He tweaked this shell for his 2004 model he's creatingView attachment 1499064
Combing a pattern made by the one who made my suit pattern:
View attachment 1499065
The model looks absolutely gorgeous. Unfinished, but a beauty. I spoke to jpg, and he's willing to turn the tweaks he did into a fully functional faceshell. And the best part is, the tweaks he did are guaranteed to fit the suit pattern used!

I am sharing a raimi face shell 3d print model for free, I think my model is better, hope this help.

Last edited:
I am sharing a raimi face shell 3d print model for free. I think my model is better. hope this help.

Do you think its a more accurate shape than the S4F one? and will it fit SP lenses?

Hey guys. I promise this project isn't dead. Life just got in the way as I've been slammed with work and saving up to move out. While I haven't had a chance to work on the urethane suit, I'm working on a 2002 and a 2004 suit, possibly puff painted instead. I have bought two patterns from IDK/Insomnia and have been recoloring them to my liking. Keep in mind that the images you see are darker than the actual pattern.

2002 pattern:
IMG_20211103_080418.jpg

Like I said, it only looks darker, but it's a perfect shade of purple/blue that I'm super excited about. I took the color from the video game textures and manually recolored it. I'm super proud of it and already have a print test.
InsertPic_.jpg

This was just a quick test, so details are lacking. Overall I'm super proud of how it looks.

2004 suit was tricky. In some shots it looks red/blue and red/black. I tried to find a balance between the two. I took a color pick from a screenshot from the movie, but it ended up being too dark
IMG_20211101_205742.jpg

After toying with the hues and saturation I found the perfect color
IMG_20211103_080505.jpg

Once again, it's a dark blue. It's not black. With both patterns, I didn't touch the brightness or darkness, just colors. If you had the pattern file, you'll see that it has a touch of blue. Regardless, I'm happy of how they both turned out and love the contrast between the two patterns. Always bothered me that people always thought they were the same suit.

Hey guys. I promise this project isn't dead. Life just got in the way as I've been slammed with work and saving up to move out. While I haven't had a chance to work on the urethane suit, I'm working on a 2002 and a 2004 suit, possibly puff painted instead. I have bought two patterns from IDK/Insomnia and have been recoloring them to my liking. Keep in mind that the images you see are darker than the actual pattern.

2002 pattern:
View attachment 1510286
Like I said, it only looks darker, but it's a perfect shade of purple/blue that I'm super excited about. I took the color from the video game textures and manually recolored it. I'm super proud of it and already have a print test.
View attachment 1510287

This was just a quick test, so details are lacking. Overall I'm super proud of how it looks.

2004 suit was tricky. In some shots it looks red/blue and red/black. I tried to find a balance between the two. I took a color pick from a screenshot from the movie, but it ended up being too dark
View attachment 1510288
View attachment 1510289
Once again, it's a dark blue. It's not black. With both patterns, I didn't touch the brightness or darkness, just colors. If you had the pattern file, you'll see that it has a touch of blue. Regardless, I'm happy of how they both turned out and love the contrast between the two patterns. Always bothered me that people always thought they were the same suit.
Always impressed when you post your color edits for patterns thanks to this thread I was able to narrow down patterns and look I want to go with on my suit

Thank you! Yeah, I'm extremely picky when it comes to colors, especially Raimi suits. Which pattern did you go end up going with?
Originally I had gone with the default ken landrum pattern as it was free and I’m cheap but it has a huge issue with the back shoulders being way too bright red compared to the arms so I ended up goings with insomnia.cbr colored fabric spiderman 2 pattern

Originally I had gone with the default ken landrum pattern as it was free and I’m cheap but it has a huge issue with the back shoulders being way too bright red compared to the arms so I ended up goings with insomnia.cbr colored fabric spiderman 2 pattern
Good idea. His patterns are amazing for the price. He's extremely talented and created possibly the most accurate Raimi suit patterns next to Kenlandrum and Spidey planet. I can't wait to get these suits off the ground.

Good idea. His patterns are amazing for the price. He's extremely talented and created possibly the most accurate Raimi suit patterns next to Kenlandrum and Spidey planet. I can't wait to get these suits off the ground.
I was going to go with comicsuitfactories raimi pattern but when I messaged them about how to buy it off of them they left me on read even after they confirmed I could still purchase the pattern so I had to look for other options and insomnias pattern looked the best to me

I was going to go with comicsuitfactories raimi pattern but when I messaged them about how to buy it off of them they left me on read even after they confirmed I could still purchase the pattern so I had to look for other options and insomnias pattern looked the best to me
Not to mention, other patterns have a weird issue of the webbing aligning with mask lenses, especially if if you have a small head like I do. Some how some way, insomnia fixed it. When he first made the pattern with his altered web pattern, I was one of the first people to try it out. I forgot to make a note to Herostime not to include eye holes, which is why it looks weird. Here's with the spidey planet shell:
PXL_20210405_231928133~2.jpg

And with lds3D/comic suit factory 2002 shell, which I highly recommend for a 2002 suit.

IMG_20210723_015228~3.jpg

Like I said, he nailed the mask webbing, which should work on almost all types of lenses.

Can't wait to see it printed! ,also quick tip if you still want only the red saturated try making the red on the file slightly pale then use a red fabric dye marker (preferably Tulip) but only if your not keeping the webs printed.

I feel for you its so annoyingly hard to get a screen accurate Raimi pattern these days but yeah if your sick of looking I'd go with insominia's NEWEST patterns (especially if your not using a muscle suit as his shadings more natural).

I feel for you its so annoyingly hard to get a screen accurate Raimi pattern these days but yeah if your sick of looking I'd go with insominia's NEWEST patterns (especially if your not using a muscle suit as his shadings more natural).
100% agree. I wish I didn't waste my 50 percent off coupon on my failed 2002 puff paint suit. I would have probably put a top coat of silver sharpie. Oh well

2002 pattern:
View attachment 1510286
View attachment 1510287

View attachment 1510288
View attachment 1510289
I really like that the honeycomb stays over the 2002 spider. Thing is I really wanted a colored fabric suit. In your opinion, do you think a screen printed spider works or would you want to keep the pattern on the spider.

I really like that the honeycomb stays over the 2002 spider. Thing is I really wanted a colored fabric suit. In your opinion, do you think a screen printed spider works or would you want to keep the pattern on the spider.
So, for the 2002 suit, the logo was always printed. Best thing would to keep the pattern imho. Front logo sure you can screen print, just not the back

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back