Marmit ANH Vader

Too Much Garlic

Master Member
A real crying shame this beauty didn't go into production. Maybe the likeness was too spot on and LFL pulled the plug. Guess we'll never know. There's one or a few lucky dude(s) in the world who owns the prototypes... but... who owns the molds?

Here's a few lovely pics to keep you all company:
oYtHOGe.jpg
rvOEz5W.jpg
9Iy2sdT.jpg

And here's a little comparison between the Marmit and the undersized Medicom Vader. Huge differende.

Would really LOVE to have a copy of that Marmit helmet (& armor). That would just be soooo sweet. Why oh why was this cancelled? :cry

Last edited:
Supposedly Marmit couldn't get the copyright from LFL for it since Tomy had pretty much taken over Star Wars in Japan (Tomy = japanese releases of Hasbro toys mostly, with some cool stuff on the side like those awesome lightsabers). Marmit only had a limited license agreement from what I've heard. I could be WAY off but we'll likely never know the truth without asking.

Hey that's a good idea. I'll email Marmit.

Ryu

<div class='quotetop'>(cking @ Jun 24 2006, 09:25 PM) [snapback]1267411[/snapback]</div>
Why oh why couldn't Sideshow get their Premium Format 1/4 scale Vader to look as good as this?....
:(

Chris
[/b]
I hear you... that would have been absolutely awesome. But... didn't LFL mess that up?

Yes, according to Andy B (Sideshow sculptor) LFL requested many changes on the Vader. Pretty much all changes were for the worse from what I can see. Such a damn shame. :(

Chris

Won't Sideshow eventually come out with a Vader in their "sixth scale" line, and thereby have another chance to redeem themselves? :confused

- k

<div class='quotetop'>(phase pistol @ Jun 25 2006, 11:38 AM) [snapback]1267597[/snapback]</div>
Won't Sideshow eventually come out with a Vader in their "sixth scale" line, and thereby have another chance to redeem themselves? :confused [/b]
The Sideshow sixth scale SW line seems to be doing very well. I bet they'll release more than one version of Vader eventually.

I'm hoping for an authentically furry, fully articulated Chewbacca. :p

I have absolutely no faith in the Sideshow line... their sculpts are nothing to write home about, in my book and their standard figure which they pop their sculpted heads and hands on are a disgrace - proportionally speaking; they are WAY OFF.

But one can only hope that they do the Vader right this time around.

<div class='quotetop'>(NoHumorMan @ Jun 25 2006, 06:16 AM) [snapback]1267711[/snapback]</div>
[/b]

If their 1/6th Darth Maul is any indication, we might get lucky. :)

<div class='quotetop'>(lambotour @ Jun 25 2006, 07:26 PM) [snapback]1267713[/snapback]</div>
If their 1/6th Darth Maul is any indication, we might get lucky. :)[/b]
Yeah, I'm impressed by the Maul sculpt. I'm also optimistic about Kit Fisto.

The Luke sculpt unfortunately looks as if he's just pulled Vader's finger. :unsure Actually, it's a pretty good likeness of Hamill from a particular moment in ROTJ... but it would have made better sense to choose a more versatile expression for the figure.

<div class='quotetop'>(lambotour @ Jun 25 2006, 12:26 PM) [snapback]1267713[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(NoHumorMan @ Jun 25 2006, 06:16 AM) [snapback]1267711[/snapback]
[/b]

If their 1/6th Darth Maul is any indication, we might get lucky. :)
[/b][/quote]
Still find the Attakus and Gentle Giant versions far superior in terms of facial likeness... heck, even the Kotobukiya version looks better... but maybe I have simply been looking at the wrong Sideshow pictures then.

Well I asked a friend of mine in Japan if he could get me Marmit's email since it isn't on their site or maybe he can call them for me. I'd like to know what happened too. The helmet and armor does look awesome but look at those belt and chest boxes. Truly magnificent.

Ryu

It would be interesting to hear what they have to say about all this... and whether they still have the molds or they were given away, sold off or destroyed.

There were few (if I remember correctly there are at least 5 sold) of this prototype availible years back with pretty high price.

Yeah, I've heard that about this time last year that one of these prototypes was valued at $3600... just imagine what it would be worth now... (this is of course "iirc"... so don't hang me if it turns out to be lower)

<div class='quotetop'>(Ryu Kumon @ Jun 26 2006, 05:53 AM) [snapback]1268225[/snapback]</div>
Well I asked a friend of mine in Japan if he could get me Marmit's email since it isn't on their site or maybe he can call them for me. I'd like to know what happened too.
[/b]
Where you able to contact them and have they replied back yet?

Well my friend checked around and he couldn't get Marmit's email but he did get the email for one of Marmit's managers, or something like that. i was going to email him as soon i figure out exactly what to say in japanese.

Ryu

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back