Marmit ANH Vader

<div class='quotetop'>(Boba Frett @ Jun 25 2006, 10:22 PM) [snapback]1268051[/snapback]</div>
The Marmit kicks ass over the Medicom.

Sad this will never see the light of day :(
[/b]

Yes... really sad :cry . The Marmit is really amazing

Wouldn't it be fun if we all wrote LFL and begged them to make sure that the Sideshow Vader will be as good or better than the Marmit Vader Prototypes, instead of always making revisions for the worse?

Hmm... yeah... looking forward to seeing what Sideshow comes up with though, seeing as how their previous sculpts have not really been anything to shout hurrah about.

TBH: I'm not really interested in a fully clothed figure... all I care about is the armor and helmet. Would be nice if they decided to sell those separately, in case they manage to sculpt them in the correct 1:6 scale and they look accurate and not crappy.

Here's me crossing fingers... :rolleyes

I picked up a couple of the sideshow figures. The sculpts are decent but not fantastic, and I've found they look better in person then in "standard" photographs. The poseability of the figures is very nice amd your able to put them in very lifelike poses which adds greatly to the "realism" factor when looking at them. The Marmit Vader pics in the beginning of this thread are absolutely fantastic though. The medicom figure just looks way too small, but I wish someone had thought to place a ruler in the picture so we could see the real size of the two figures. The Medi-com figure looks great too but does look small compared to the Marmit version.

Jedi Dade

Time to resurrect an old topic! :lol

Dreams:
dreams2o.jpg

Last edited:
Man, that Vader was half the reason I collected any Marmit figures (Fett was the other half). What I wouldn't have given to see that Vader make it to production :(.

-Fred

Resurrecting an old thread of mine instead of making a new one about the same subject.

Anyway, through chance and being at the right place at the right time I was able to acquire some genuine Marmit ANH Vader prototype pieces and just got them home from the post office today.

The Marmit Prototype pieces up close and personal. It doesn't disappoint. There is a slight bend in the flange on the dome, and a small knick knocked off one of the T-grips on the saber, but other than that there is nothing to note and it's cool to see the Marmit sculpt and be able to study the differences between that and the other sculpts I've seen throughout the years. I really like the look and shapes and it's interesting to see the choices they made in a time when there wasn't as much high res and good quality reference as there is today. They got so many things right and set the bar really high, at which Sideshow or any other company still hasn't passed yet. Will be interesting with the new Sideshow ESB/RotJ hybrid being worked on right now to see whether it tops it... but currently: Marmit is still KING.

(Pictures deleted due to admin demand)

And here's the face mask comparison between the Marmit and Kaiyodo.
(Pictures deleted due to admin demand)

Now I just gotta figure out how to properly display the Marmit. I think I'll display it with the Kaiyodo, once I've finished working on that. I'm just really happy right now. .)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back