Got the bulbs and bulb sockets today so mounted them up. Still waiting for the indicator controller thing I ordered. So glad I wired this thing up like a car so all 12v car accessories can be installed without any issues.
Also started on the front panel with the keypad, only just realised the scale of the keypad, standard size keypads / keyboard keys definitely won't be enough. Need to find something larger. To scale, width of 3 keys needs to be 110mm which is exactly double of the standard keys.
Have been looking all around trying to find a keypad with larger keys and figured I might as well just make them. it's only 10 plus two "enter" looking keys.
Using 1.2mm sheet, making them to scale so 25x25mm each with a 10mm gap. They look ridiculously oversized but that is all to scale anyway.
Thinking at this point I'll have 2 or 3 of them mounted on a switch of some sort so they can be used for whatever (so far I only need 1 to reverse the direction of the chain), but i'm sure a couple more on/off switches will be handy to have.
Made up 10 of the standard squard keys today:
Here is one of them against a standard keyboard key:
Got both bottom/side keys sorted, decided to use the top 3 with actual switches - at this point one of them will be used to drive the relay to reverse the chain drive, the other 2 will be spares until I find something to use them for.
Haha thanks dude. I think BL's art suits my rough approach to making things. I wasn't sure about the keys until I bolted them up, and then the hand-bent sections that aren't perfectly straight almost mimic the way BL games are drawn.
I got the feature shelf to work today. Pretty stoked. Such a small thing but man it definitely makes it look a lot more complete, in my eyes anyway.
The 3 lights in the corner are powered using an aftermarket brakelight module where you get 3 lights to light up in a sequence, and a Honda Civic flasher relay - although I did have to add a few extra caps to the relay so slow it down a bit. Still, pretty happy with how it turned out!
Made the drawers outer skin today. It always annoyed me how looking from the front you can see the bottom of the top drawer instead of some kind of a floor of the shelf compartment. My sheet bender is only 780mm wide and this piece was 820mm wide so I ended up splitting it into two pieces. Plus at 1mm thickness the bender struggles to bend full width as well so splitting it in half was probably for the best anyway.
At the last minute I decided not to weld it straight to frame but make it removable incase I need to get to the drawers from the back for any reason, so made up 5 mounts with M5 bolts/nuts.
Doesn't look like much from the front but it is a lot tidier now that it has an actual floor of the compartment.
Hey thanks dude, there are some proper fabricators on here for sure. I'm definitely not one of them but I still like to attempt and make stuff. Next on the list is more sheetmetal work, and also gear reduction for the chain drive as soon as the new gear arrives in the mail.
Had a go at the front panel today. Got the glowing slot sorted, there was also some kind of a triangle mark there so I decided to make that instead of painting it later, and also made up the coin slot surround and the catcher.
The coin slot is to scale so ended up being 80mm high lol. Not sure what i'll do with the catcher, thinking of putting some sort of a sensor or a switch there, but that's later.