M60 Machine Gun Prop 3D printable 1:1

Ah! Cool! For some reason I thought you had made it in tinkercad and it was making my head hurt trying to work it out lol!

I designed a lot of stuff in Tinkercad previously. It is a simple program but you can design some pretty complicated stuff in it by delving deep into the tools and using boolean operations, but it doesn't work well for complex curved items. Even 123D has its limitations.

TazMan2000

I designed a lot of stuff in Tinkercad previously. It is a simple program but you can design some pretty complicated stuff in it by delving deep into the tools and using boolean operations, but it doesn't work well for complex curved items. Even 123D has its limitations.

TazMan2000
Yes, I've starting working with Tinkercad and it's great but as you say has its limitations. I was looking at getting Plasticity but think ill have a look at the Autodesk 123 as well.

Yes, I've starting working with Tinkercad and it's great but as you say has its limitations. I was looking at getting Plasticity but think ill have a look at the Autodesk 123 as well.

Plasticity is a really different way of working with models and is really powerful compared to anything like Tinkercad, but also significantly different because it is a surface modeller. If you're just needing something that can do chamfers and fillets really easily, 123D Design is faster and much easier to learn. If you're wanting to design something like a motorcycle helmet, with complex curves and vents, then maybe Plasticity is the way to go.

I had a lot of trouble at the start of learning Plasticity because the videos online had a lot of details that you had to listen to in order to ensure your model was watertight and could be converted into a solid.

TazMan2000

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back